Bakuman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last arc was VS Eiji. Also, it isn't exactly a clever diguise, they're essentially being a manga group a-la CLAMP at this point, they're just not revealing themselves.

The main complaint about this I've been hearing is that they could go and reveal this to everyone, and people would realistically not care.

I don't like Nanamine, and considering how his plot is basically just a widespread version of his last scheme, which is half-assing yourself so that people write manga for you, and you claim all the credit. I get that he plans to humiliate Jump, but Nanamine is just not that interesting to watch. At least we got backstory for him, but I was really hoping the last arc ended in a way that would suggest he could redeem himself, although a second read of that chapter did end in a "I'll be back, and next time, I'll win!" kind of way.

Kosugi, please punch Nanamine again.

I just like how Money and Intelligence inspired him. As for the chapter mostly consisting of Nanamine exposing so much to Ashirogi to the point that he surpassed Bond Villain Stupidity, I actually got bored just reading Nanamine talk, to the point that Ashirogi's dialogue was a nice break in the pattern, at least when they weren't blathering on about the veterans. I don't think I've ever gotten bored of an arc this fast.

Yeah, this chapter made me like Azuma's character.

So, no chapter next week. Hopefully that week-long break will help the authors realize that Nanamine is a widely-hated character. Honestly, I hate Nanamine even more than Nakai.

Who was Shiratori's editor? For some reason, I want to see Kosugi take over as his editor. That would be so awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked that chapter a little more than the rest. I'm actually surprised I never found myself asking what the editor in chief would think of it all.
I like how this has legit turned into a war between ideals. I'm hoping the next arc will be something completely different, but at least things are picking up as they are now.

I actually had to go back and check that that was Aoki. I was surprised by how different she was here.

I really want to punch Miura. He keeps telling Yamahisa to shut up, even though Yamahisa raises some valid points. If he thinks that Yamahisa is just parroting what everyone else is saying, then that's what Miura is doing as well. He's up with Nanamine as one of the more obnoxious characters in the series. He's also nothing but a complete and utter ass to Kosugi, who is simply one of my favorite characters because of all he has to deal with.

The Editor-In-Chief is just awesome as always.

And now for the battle between Team Fukuda and Nanamine. Let's see how that works.

What's the name of the captain that's always been seen? I keep forgetting it.

Archived