Bakuman

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1306082182' post='5225206']
Well, predictions were right. Seems Niizuma wants to end PCP to give them a wake-up call.
At this point, I'm hoping it does get canceled so the two of them make a manga that'll be turned into an anime. It's been enough time for them to get going on that, right?
[/quote]

Yes no one can say that there hasn't been enough time. Though sense the manga itself (Bakuman so you don't get confused) is poplar and so it'll dragon more then it should. One thing I like though about this manga is it's real life flexibility. Even though the main goal is for a manga to get an anime so Mashiro and Azukie can get married. The thing is though, so many things can happen just like in real life.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what else occurred to me?
Right before this incident happened, Mashiro and Takagi reflected back on their lives and how their youth was kind of cheated from manga.
I bet you anything that PCP getting canceled will lead to brief filler with the two of them and probably other mangakas (plot no jutsu's doing) going on vacation to go skiing and/or the beach and stuff.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1306103061' post='5225845']
You know what else occurred to me?
Right before this incident happened, Mashiro and Takagi reflected back on their lives and how their youth was kind of cheated from manga.
I bet you anything that PCP getting canceled will lead to brief filler with the two of them and probably other mangakas (plot no jutsu's doing) going on vacation to go skiing and/or the beach and stuff.
[/quote]

lol now that would be some nice filler if only it was winter time though. Though the beach would be interesting enough.

I'm very pleased that Bakuman came out so quickly this week. It came out Saturday last week so it being Thursday was a pleasant surprise.

Now on to what I think of the chapter. Around the middle is what seemed the most rushed. The beginning and the end though seemed great. Like how we got too see the end page of the chapter for pcp to. Now lets see if the culprit tries to do another "Perfect" crime.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1306454130' post='5234132']
Watch him hold off the cancellation until PCP is ending, so he can cancel Crow and both of them proceed to start at the same time...

Nah, he'd be able to end Crow without doing that.
[/quote]
I thought about the same thing. o.0

Once Ashirogi find a new manga that can be turned into an anime, Eiji ends Crow.

Or he crushes Nakai. =D

It's weird.
It didn't occur to me until I read the first page, "Maybe he'll cancel Crow?"
I don't know why I thought it, but hey, turned out to be right 0_o
It makes sense, Niizuma canceling someone else's manga didn't feel right to me somehow.
I have a feeling Crow's gonna keep going, but I wouldn't mind Niizuma doing something different at all.

This week's chapter was really interesting.

I can finally see an 'end' to Bakuman, of sorts.

I honestly don't know if they'll be able to beat Niizuma.

But if they do, it'll be either Ashirogi Muto, or Fukuda.

TBH, Eiji is probably better than most IRL mangaka.

I'm still holding out on the theory that "Bakuman" is the name if their manga-turned-anime, unless someone can actually tell me what else the title of the series means.

Having Azuki voicing the main female protagonist of their anime has always been the central goal of this series. Defeating Niizuma was simply a secondary goal that just happened to be more interesting. Once Niizuma finishes up Crow, I'm curious how he'll handle +Natural alone if Iwase can't make the story any better.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1307919976' post='5278688']
I'm still holding out on the theory that "Bakuman" is the name if their manga-turned-anime, unless someone can actually tell me what else the title of the series means.
[/quote]

IIRC, something about a creature that eats dreams.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1307928091' post='5278999']
IIRC, something about a creature that eats dreams.
[/quote]

That's just called a "baku". "Bakuman" would be some kind of Batman equivalent of that thing.

If Bakuman translates to "gamble" and "comic", then that's actually pretty clever. "Rough draft" doesn't make as much sense as [i]gambling[/i] your life on the career of [i]comic[/i] creator.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1308191216' post='5286625']
That's just called a "baku". "Bakuman" would be some kind of Batman equivalent of that thing.
[/quote]

Baku is the sound of chomping.

Therefore, the name of the series is "Chompman.". :P

In any case, it's probably a name with a whole slew of translations, since it was written in Katakana... Wait, the fact that the title is in Katakana means that it shouldn't be getting translated unless it's sound effects or non-Japanese. :S

Archived