Bakuman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, Sara thinks that Azuki would lose fans because she's a virgin who hasn't even kissed yet? This is just my opinion, but wouldn't that just make a lot of guys think "Wait, so she's still pure despite having a boyfriend?" I loved the people in the chats going "Ashirogi-sensei!"

And wow, this chapter really did shove in the fact that absolutely no one finds this whole romance silly, claiming it's the greatest in the world. Still, I can't deny that Mashiro's call was very heartwarming.

I don't think this arc is really over yet. We've finished the first part of it, yes, but until the role of Naho is decided, I'll declare this arc ongoing.

Agreed. It helps make Azuki more of a character than just a plain love interest for Mashiro. I'm impressed that she still has the lines memorized, and I hope she doesn't mess up, but then again, people will likely call shenanigans if she does well in her audition.

Outside of the others, I like Natara the most. Mikan didn't do much beyond the audition, but she was likable enough as well. Otsuki, as people said in the chat, is full of crap, and the obvious villain of this arc. Hard to believe that Goda could pull off a good audition just by looking at her.

I think this arc would be better handled animated, if only because then the audience could actually hear the voice actresses' auditions

Yeah, I bet you anything people will say they had a script hidden behind the camera for her to read off of or something.
I noticed her eyes were closed when she got to the mic, maybe she'll keep them shut and then this really will prove she memorized everything.
I didn't mind Natara either, the others...eh.
Goda isn't an actual actress, right? For some reason I got the feeling it was a real character cameo like the head editor guy (forget his name) who used to be Akira Toriyama's editor.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1332080468' post='5876481']
Goda isn't an actual actress, right? For some reason I got the feeling it was a real character cameo like the head editor guy (forget his name) who used to be Akira Toriyama's editor.
[/quote]

Most characters in the series are references to real life people, even Eiji (dead ringer for Toriko's writer). So, if she's modeled off someone, chances are that it's not someone who has that name.

OH MY GOD I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP.

Yea, so I stopped reading for a while, but as far as I can tell, the quality of Bakuman hasn't dipped in the slightest. Loving every page is something I rarely come across in a manga.

...so what are we talkin bout?

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1332103202' post='5876980']
Most characters in the series are references to real life people, even Eiji (dead ringer for Toriko's writer).
[/quote]

Yeah, I remember hearing that, but I couldn't figure who everyone else was based on aside from Ashirogi Muto being based on Ohba/Obata.
Does that mean they see Toriko as its main rival .-.

The ending and even the script mistake was very predictable, but I give Goda props for defending Azuki, even if it was in her own way. I'm not sure if this is the end of the arc, because I just can't see Goda, Natara, and Otsuki being forgotten so quickly.

But yeah, Reversi is now an anime, and Azuki got the role, so their dream is fulfilled. I think that the series will end with them being married, so I think that we've got one more arc left, and I really hope they don't waste it on yet another Nanamine arc.

Archived