Bakuman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that there should have been a bigger build up to them getting the anime, but I'm happy for them. However, I don't think they've even created a character for Azuki to voice. Besides, there should be more development between Mashiro and Azuki's relationship. Haven't you ever considered that their romance is really, really stupid?

• 3 weeks later...

No comment on the blatant Inazuma Eleven reference that is Impromptu 12? That's kind of a random choice of a series to reference.

[url="http://www.mangareader.net/bakuman/166"]166[/url]

[spoiler=Thoughts]"[W]e managed to get her to delete it just two days after it was posted. So don't worry about it. It shouldn't have spread far." At first this made me think that Akito does not know how the Internet works, and yet he immediately knows how people will react if Azuki gets the role of Naho, who by the way, I don't believe was even mentioned until the previous chapter. I was actually surprised that the creators had the sense to actually follow up on the chance that Takagi's statement was completely wrong.

I don't like that Ishizawa is the villain of this arc. I do like that he's been reduced to a loser of Nakai's level, but he's just annoying. This series always have villains whose primary qualities are being obnoxious, insufferable pricks. I know that's what a true villain [i]should[/i] be like, but it really makes them come across as generic villains. I know this a slice of life story, so I shouldn't expect complex and powerful villains like I usually do, but Ishizawa, Nanamine, and Nakai if you want to count him as well, have all just been pathetic excuses of "antagonists".[/spoiler]

Yeah, Ishizawa's pretty insufferable alright. I just noticed he vaguely vaguely resembles the guy Light killed at the beginning of Death Note with a bus.
...that'd be funneh

But let me get this straight: Everyone's pissed at Ashirogi simply because he's the boyfriend of the popular Miho? So pretty much all the people complaining are butthurt that their idol's off the market?
*facedesk*

http://www.mangareader.net/bakuman/167
[spoiler=Thoughts]
Fukuda's such an awesome guy, seriously. Even though this could potentially backfire on them and drag him into this mess too, he really has proven to be an admirable person throughout the manga.
And this Fan Dumb trope is grating on my nerves...[/spoiler]

Fukuda needs to show up more often. When he makes an important appearance, he's usually my favorite character. I especially loved his reaction when Takagi told him about Mashiro and Azuki.

We might as well call this the Fan Dumb arc. I appreciate the one person who said that Azuki was lessening her workload to participate in the Reversi anime, and there wasn't a hint of malice in what they said. The other people were just being complete morons, and the rumors that Fukuda mentioned make me want to facepalm.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1329972164' post='5835332']Uhh... Roxas, this arc is ridiculously realistic. I'm fairly sure your yourself pointed out how it is.

So feeling insulted makes no sense at all.[/quote]

Just because it's realistic doesn't mean I want to read about it. The insulting part was referring to Ohba and Obata might view their fanbase.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1329972330' post='5835339']Hrm.
Isn't it more making fun of voice actress fans than manga fans? I know they overlap, but the whole thing's stemming from newfound misplaced admiration for Miho.
Were Ohba or Obata ever involved in a similar scandal? Ashirogi Muto's sort of their self-inserts .-.[/quote]

No, I think it's just them pointing out how fans can overreact to a rather small problem.

@Denver: Some dude killing people while claiming to be Kira.

@Roxas: You find it insulting... but it's accurate. I wouldn't get insulted over something that has proven true time and time again. It's like feeling insulted when someone says you're short. If you [i]are[/i] short, and they didn't use any derogratory terms/said it in an offensive manner, you're really in no position to complain.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1329972738' post='5835353']
No, I think it's just them pointing out how fans can overreact to a rather small problem.
[/quote]

Oh, that.
Well...
We kinda do .-.
Lots of people raeg over things like Naruto being a hypocrite and using Kurama's power or how a 2nd Nanamine arc's stupid, stuff like that. But of course, this doesn't apply to every fan.
Plus, all the fans in this arc doesn't necessarily represent their fanbase as a whole. People will probably start showing support after Fukuda's thing.
I think the arc's just focusing on RAEGing fans, which is something mangakas are bound to face at one point or another, whether it's related to the story or a personal scandal.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1329972875' post='5835360']@Roxas: You find it insulting... but it's accurate. I wouldn't get insulted over something that has proven true time and time again. It's like feeling insulted when someone says you're short. If you [i]are[/i] short, and they didn't use any derogratory terms/said it in an offensive manner, you're really in no position to complain.[/quote]

Point taken, but again, that doesn't mean I have to like what they're doing, which is kind of ironic, I suppose.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1329973331' post='5835372']Oh, that.
Well...
We kinda do .-.
Lots of people raeg over things like Naruto being a hypocrite and using Kurama's power or how a 2nd Nanamine arc's stupid, stuff like that. But of course, this doesn't apply to every fan.
Plus, all the fans in this arc doesn't necessarily represent their fanbase as a whole. People will probably start showing support after Fukuda's thing.
I think the arc's just focusing on RAEGing fans, which is something mangakas are bound to face at one point or another, whether it's related to the story or a personal scandal.[/quote]

Except a second Nanamine arc [i]is[/i] stupid, or at least it came way too soon. Nanamine is a terrible villain.

Fukuda is awesome, but I'm really curious how people will react to him in-universe. If people give in too easily, it will be a cop out. Yes, I don't like what they're doing right now, but they started this, so they have to end it properly.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1329974940' post='5835422']
Except a second Nanamine arc [i]is[/i] stupid, or at least it came way too soon. Nanamine is a terrible villain.

Fukuda is awesome, but I'm really curious how people will react to him in-universe. If people give in too easily, it will be a cop out. Yes, I don't like what they're doing right now, but they started this, so they have to end it properly.
[/quote]

Well, true, I can agree with that, so bad example.

And I have a feeling it'll drag him into the mess and affect Giri as well. The arc's only been a couple chapters long, so more stuff needs to happen.
OR
He succeeds, but Miho doesn't get the part.

Bakuman [i]could[/i] end soon, but I have a feeling it can go for a while longer. If Miho got the role now, it'd accomplish the main goal of the manga.
So she'll probably voice something for whatever manga they do after Reversi.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1329972072' post='5835330']
Honestly, I have to agree with what [url="https://twitter.com/#!/RolloT"]someone[/url] on Twitter said.
[/quote]

You follow WMR too? Gotta say they were the reason i started reading Bakuman. But that was back when Crow was ending.

Now i just hope Fukuda can put an end to this nonsense and redeem this arc.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1329975150' post='5835425']Well, true, I can agree with that, so bad example.

And I have a feeling it'll drag him into the mess and affect Giri as well. The arc's only been a couple chapters long, so more stuff needs to happen.
OR
He succeeds, but Miho doesn't get the part.

Bakuman [i]could[/i] end soon, but I have a feeling it can go for a while longer. If Miho got the role now, it'd accomplish the main goal of the manga.
So she'll probably voice something for whatever manga they do after Reversi.
[/quote]

This will definitely affect Giri, but the director said he would allow Azuki to audition. The director seemed like a pretty nice guy, and since Takagi brought it up, I think the the director has a higher position.

I'm not sure if this will end soon. I give it at least two more arcs.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1329975153' post='5835427']You follow WMR too? Gotta say they were the reason i started reading Bakuman. But that was back when Crow was ending.

Now i just hope Fukuda can put an end to this nonsense and redeem this arc.[/quote]

I listened to a few recent episodes, and decided to check Rollo T's Twitter, and then I saw that comment, so I'll definitely be listening to the next episode.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1329975182' post='5835428']TBQH, even if Fukuda disclosed absolutely everything we know about the relationship between Moritaka and Miho, I'm sure there would still be complainers.

But at least the people calling Miho a slut would shut up, I'd hope.[/quote]

Well of course there will still be complainers. If anything, this might make the rumors worse, and people will be claiming that Miho made Fukuda make his announcement for her.

Archived