Evangelion

[center]I've tried for a while to get my friends into NGE, but my efforts at getting them into the series have failed because they tend to assume that it's about some gay emo kid that fights aliens. No. It's not about giant robots killing each other, it's about the characters. Their relationships and how they've grown up. Changed. Why Rei decides to take her destiny into her own hands and rejects Gendo's Instrumentality, his version of 3rd Impact, and why she sacrifices herself for others. Why Shinji should quit being a whining b**** and grow-up.

I recommend looking around YT or Google for a simplified understanding of the [b]series[/b]. You probably won't be able to find one, as everyone seems to find the plot impossibly complex anyway. But knock yourself out. I'll post links to where you can watch it if you're too cheap and lazy to go buy the series on DVD or something.[/center]

[center]http://www.watchcartoononline.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-episode-1-english-dubbed
Since most americans complain about having to read subs while watching crap, I'll post the dubbed versions.

http://www.animeatom.com/watch-streaming-neon-genesis-evangelion-movie-1-the-end-of-evangelion/
^first movie^

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/evangelion-1-0-you-are-not-alone-movie-english-dubbed
^Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone^[/center]

[center]It was orignally released as two separate projects titled "Death" and "Rebirth." Watch the movie and the titles will make sense. Someone just got the great idea to put them together and release it as "The End of Evangelion." Creative title if you ask me.[/center]

[center][b]If you find it too confusing or are worried that your own personal speculations of the film are incorrect, watch this review of The End of Evangelion. This guy pretty much explains how it should be viewed as well as what the underlying themes are and how THEY should be viewed. What the "Moral" to this story is. If you look at the film like this, it really becomes much more moving and meaningfull...and thus, not as confusing.[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVhj6XkXnII&feature=related[/center]

[center]This is one of the best parts of the series. Cool little monologue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryXs0fxq1eQ[/center]

[center][size="1"]Fear me and my big words.[/size][/center]

[quote name='Goodnight' timestamp='1299250981' post='5050364']
Why wouldn't you just recommend the Rebuild series to people?
Would be a way better way to get people to watch more.
[/quote]
Because 1.0 is just an abridged version of the first 6 episodes...and 2.0 hasn't been released here yet.

[quote name='Goodnight' timestamp='1299262934' post='5050570']
yeah, but it's better than watching the first 6 episodes, and is better than watching the last 2 movies with no knowledge of the show whatsoever.
Hell, even with knowledge of the show, the last 2 movies are pretty bad minus a few select scenes.
[/quote]
Well...let's wait till 3.0 and FINAL come out :P

The first movie was actually a really good ending. After reading, researching, listening and beating my face on my keyboard, I have finally gained the ability to understand it. :P

[quote name='Darkplant' timestamp='1299572854' post='5059754']
I watched a 50-minute long Japanese YouTube Video Series that explained all the things, including those that weren't explained in yours. I win.

Also the series is one of the most epic anime ever. And IMO the HIP song is one of the best anime songs I've heard along with What's Up People.
[/quote]
I live in America, [s]I always lose.[/s] If people want to go figure it out, let em. I just post links to where they can watch the damn thing :P

Maybe it's cause I still don't get it, but End of Envangelion was wierd to me. Shinji was the most depressed and in his own words "f***ed up" kid I have ever seen. Asuka almost random change of heart wasn't very appealing, as there was such a build up of her being arguably as depressed as Shinji (I have no idea how they put souls into the evas). Gendo, a person you always thought was trying to save mankind, really only cared about Yui and would destroy the human race because of his selfishness. Misato was out of character in my opinion; her killing people like she was some kinda of badass and then kissing Shinji wasn't appropriate for her. And the last 20 minutes I don't even know how to interpret.
I still think overall Envangelion is a special and epic series, at least compared to the common action based anime I usually watch.

(I have only seen the series and the movies one time)

Evangelion series is based on some of Sigmund Freud does not discuss the theories and prohibited parts of the Bible. Eve humankinds The attempt to make the Angels in the Bible fell from the tug, This show starts in a good light level and the end is broken to mourn. This is possibly the best fantasy ever conceived in the face of the planet.

Archived