Roar of The Machine God Demonbane

Eibon1307

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have you seen it?

2. 2. Do you like it?

• Yes it's the best!
    • Yea it was ok.
    • No I haven't but would like to see it.
    • Nope. Looked dumb.

Ok. I don't think there is another one of these, but if so, I'll just move my comments and such there. If not, here we go.

For those of you who have seen it, you know the whole story. For those who don't, heres a quick synopsis: This anime is based of a Nitroplus game for the Pc that was then ported to the PS2. The anime has many differences from the game. So be warned for those who've played the game.

Kuro Daijuji is a poor detective living in Arkham City. One day, he is asked by Ruri Hado of Hado Financial Group, to search for a magic grimoire. As Kuro searches for the book, he unexpectedly runs into Al Azif, a pretty girl who turns out to be the grimoire Kuro is searching for. While being chased by the Black Lodge, Al forges a contract with Kuro, bestowing him with powerful magic. Soon afterwards, Al also activates Demonbane, a Deus Machina (Machine God) owned by the Hado Financial Group, to combat the mechanical menaces from the Black Lodge. The Black Lodge is the evil organization bent on world domination at the behest of it's master, Master Therion and his submissive Grimoire Etheldreda. Throw into the mix, Naia, a female bookstore owner who meets Kuro and is secretly behind the events being shaped by destiny. Little does Kuro and the other players of this little "Drama" know that Naia is actually the devious and power hungry Nyarlathotep, The Crawling Chaos, who hungers to be release into the world in order to destroy it.

Along the road, Kuro, Al Azif, and the Hado Group must fight Master Therion and his Grimoire, the Anti-Cross a group of Sorcerers bent on killing Kuro and taking Al Azif for the Black Lodge, the idiot helper Dr. West and his cyborg creation Elsa, and the Old Ones themselves like Cthulhu and Dagon throw in few punches at Kuro. Add Yog-Sothoth, Cthuga and Ithaqua, referenes to H.P. Lovecraft, pagan and the occult, and so on mixed with Large magical combat, Machine Gods, and Cosmicism, and you have the show in a nutshell.

I for one enjoy it and have since the first time I saw it on Youtube in 2008. I own the subbed japanese original, and slightly hope it makes an appearance in America.

So, lets discuss the show. Give thoughts and impersonations.

Archived