Anime's You'd Wished They Continued

Ky2quick

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zombie Loan definately I would have loved if they'd finished it properly I mean they didn't finish up properly the Shito storyline or Shiba/Chika and Midnight Detective: Nightwalker, I didn't like how the anime finished with the relationship of Cain/Shido, it didn't work how Cain said he still loves Shido, but let Shido stay with Riho.

[quote name='Rumiа' timestamp='1298547285' post='5031187']
. Death Note

. Dragon Ball Z

. Hajime No Ippo

The first two I think could have carried on for a little longer and the third I think had a lot of potential to carry on for a long time.
[/quote]

Daeth Note: How?

DBZ: Why would anyone say that about DBZ?

I'd like to see Trigun and Claymore anime restarted up, but don't go into filler mode and keep following the manga through to the end. Like they did with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I've remembered more.
Rozen Maiden, because we only got a brief glimpse at Kirashishou in the anime with Laplace's Demon. I suppose giving Barashishou in the anime instead of Kirakishou made sense, I just liked how they made Suigintou swallow her pride to help Megu out in the manga. And I felt Kirakishou made a better misunderstood villian.

Darker Than Black, because I'd like to see why the Gates appeared (it was probably mentioned) and the appearance of Contractors. They did briefly cover the sky before the fake stars, but that was all if I recall. (I might ask my friend about this...). Only as an OVA really, I wouldn't like them to do anything else, given what happened at the end, and I feel going any further with Yin and Hei wouldn't work.

Negima!

They stopped after Volume 6. This is after doing the first 3 volumes properly, putting a load of filler in, then shoving the next 3 volumes into [i]2 episodes[/i], obviously cutting out a lot of major stuff.

So yeah, they covered less than 1/6 of the manga, dropping it before most of the readership of the manga considered the story to have gotten good. >____>

EDIT: Just like Taichi's feelings below about Gantz, I'd actually prefer a complete redo of Negima!'s anime adaptation.

[quote name='► Jolta ◄' timestamp='1298557924' post='5031314']
Outlaw Star. Obviously Outlaw Star.

Well, it is retro and based on the future.

Is Rosario+Vampire still running? Or returning?
[/quote]

I really wished they made Rosario+Vampire like the manga it would have been so much better and the storyline in the manga was so much better.

[quote name='Rumiа' timestamp='1298547285' post='5031187']
. Dragon Ball Z

. Hajime No Ippo
[/quote]
DBZ should have kept going? Dude the last two arcs (cell and Boo) weren't planned and only done because people didn't want it to end. Hell, we even got GT after the manga ended.

Ippo is well over 900 chapters and still going strong, so that could have kept going.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1298559600' post='5031338']
Rave Master, definitely. The anime barely covered 1/3 of the manga and ended just when the real main villain was introduced.
[/quote]
This

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1298734202' post='5036091']
didn't you read what i just wrote? Akira toriyama is continuing the story in the Dragon Ball Online mmo. Not manga but a game
[/quote]
I read is somewhere else sorry, guess I got it mixed up somewhere else when I read it from the website.

And there is another awesome anime I wished they had continued, Katekyo Hitman Reborn the manga is still going strong.

Archived