Fullmetal Alchemist

Zextra

I dropped FMA when i reached the part where the mutate that girl and dog to make a chimera or was it called humunculus? anyway dropped cuz its a poor shounen action anime. Yeah that's what i think about it even the movie was suckish. I mean c'mon its about germans and Führer and alchemy that is beyond normal alchemy more like magic

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1298112770' post='5018504']
I dropped FMA when i reached the part where the mutate that girl and dog to make a chimera or was it called humunculus? anyway dropped cuz its a poor shounen action anime. Yeah that's what i think about it even the movie was suckish. I mean c'mon its about germans and Führer and alchemy that is beyond normal alchemy more like magic
[/quote]

Dude that's not true. And its a chimera. If you watched more it would be more better. And what about Germans? Just because they use the word Fuhrer?

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1298112770' post='5018504']
[/quote]
Go jump in a river and remove yourself from this place. NOW.

OT: FMA is my favorite manga and Brotherhood my favorite anime. OF ALL FREAKIN' TIME!

[quote name='ADHD-Guitar' timestamp='1298128587' post='5018720']
Go jump in a river and remove yourself from this place. NOW.

OT: FMA is my favorite manga and Brotherhood my favorite anime. OF ALL FREAKIN' TIME!
[/quote]
I have a right to an opinion right? i watched at least 20 episodes and even watched the movie but unfortunately it didn't catch my full interest.
Now stop being such a butthurt fan and grow up >_>. Please lets not go to that place, i stated my opinion and now I'll forever leave this thread alone, so drop it and cut me some slack.

In my opinion, FMA Brotherhood is superior to the original series. The characters were more developed, it told more story, and I thought it was more touching. For example, in the first series when Rose was telling Edward that he shouldnt have come, I didnt think it was that touching or sad. Then look at the same scene from Brotherhood, that delivered much more emotion from both Rose and Edward. Now I'm not saying FMA was bad, it's one of the best anime of all time, but the remake was better in my opinion.

I watched FMA: Brotherhood and part of FMA. FMA is more of a BG to me, it showed more adventures of The Elrics! But Botherhood stood more out there, I was easily caught in it and I just kept watching. As for FMA I never really got into it as fast! Botherhood gave an amazing back story of the kings at certain times to give it more of an edge and the flash backs were very interesting. Overall Botherhood was more developed and FMA is more slowly intriguing.
FMA - Full Metal Alchemist, original
Botherhood- Full Metal Alchemist: Botherhood.

[quote]FMA - Full Metal Alchemist, original
Botherhood- Full Metal Alchemist: Botherhood. [/quote]

Technically, Brotherhood is the original because it is faithful to the source material.
first halfish of the first FMA anime is faithful, but then became its own story when it caught up to the manga.
Not what you were meaning, but I figure'd I'd elaborate anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1298156939' post='5019074']
I have a right to an opinion right? i watched at least 20 episodes and even watched the movie but unfortunately it didn't catch my full interest.
Now stop being such a butthurt fan and grow up >_>. Please lets not go to that place, i stated my opinion and now I'll forever leave this thread alone, so drop it and cut me some slack.
[/quote]
No. Some opinions are unacceptable. Believing that some people are inherently inferior to others is one thing, but saying FMA wasn't good? Unforgivable!

By the way, anyone with [s]more[/s] any knowledge of Japanese know why the title of Fuhrer was translated as...Fuhrer?

The first series FMA anime (which I will now refer to as the 'deviant' FMA 4tehlulz) was intriguing up until the last few episodes, when...well, I won't spoil it, but one of several TVTropes pages apply, including Jump The Shark and This Is Your Premise On Drugs. Haven't seen Conquerors of Shabhala, though.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1299376826' post='5053987']

By the way, anyone with [s]more[/s] any knowledge of Japanese know why the title of Fuhrer was translated as...Fuhrer?
[/quote]

Fuhrer was translated as Fuhrer because he is the Fuhrer. Translation didn't change at all.

Now, if I were to assume, I'd guess you are confused as to why he is also known as "King Bradley".
King is his first name.

This is assuming you're talking about the manga or subbed anime, as I haven't watched the subbed Brotherhood.

[quote name='Goodnight' timestamp='1299471051' post='5057187']
Fuhrer was translated as Fuhrer because he is the Fuhrer. Translation didn't change at all.

Now, if I were to assume, I'd guess you are confused as to why he is also known as "King Bradley".
King is his first name.

This is assuming you're talking about the manga or subbed anime, as I haven't watched the subbed Brotherhood.
[/quote]
No, I'm confused as to why...let's see, I think the word was dai-sotou, or something like that...why that's Fuhrer.

Führer iis a German title meaning "leader" or "guide". Also Since the action takes place in Europe-Germany and nor America the word Fuhrer was used to describe the leader (Bradley, King). So yeah there you go, the best explanation of why fuhrer was used instead of "Leader","Dai-sotou" or any other english or japanese terms used to describe Fuhrer.

[quote name='Goodnight' timestamp='1299643821' post='5061856']
The answer to that is there is no English equivalent to that word and Fuhrer is the very closest word that exists for it. and it's still not even an English word lol
[/quote]
Of the answers I got, this is the only one that is definitively wrong.

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1299656970' post='5062120']
Führer iis a German title meaning "leader" or "guide". Also Since the action takes place in Europe-Germany and nor America the word Fuhrer was used to describe the leader (Bradley, King). So yeah there you go, the best explanation of why fuhrer was used instead of "Leader","Dai-sotou" or any other english or japanese terms used to describe Fuhrer.
[/quote]
I will call him: Fearless Leader King Bradley.

Just considering his position, I'd think something like Chief General or Commander-in-Chief would be appropriate. Whatever. Funimation and Viz can do whatever they want.

• 5 months later...

It took me forever to realize that King was Bradley's first name. XP

Amestris is Germany, Xing is China, Drachma is Russia.

Brotherhood was much better IMO, just becuase how badass the final arc was.

[spoiler=kinda spoiler]I like how they took the 2nd Greed's fan name of "Greedling" (you know, cause it's Greed and Ling) and Ed actually called him that in the dub. Though it sounded like he said "Greeling", but whatever.[/spoiler]

Archived