Rising sea levels Disproved updated with new argument!

JesusofChaos™

Is Global Warming real?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Global Warming real?

• Yes
    • No

No it's not. Water and Ice are the same things' date=' just one is frozen. For example, if you're freezing a tray of ice, and you fill up the square with water, when you come back a few hours later, there is still the same amount of water in the cube.

When the ice melts, it dosen't disappear, it joins the rest of the water in our oceans, or sometimes can be evaporated and fall to land via rain. This water, slowly but surely, gets back to the ocean, sometimes be evaporating again and falling into rivers and streams, or simply landing in the ocean in the first place.

That scientist fails at science

EDIT: To answer the poll, yes, it is real.

Way to pay attention in grade 6 science, when water freezes it expands, meaning it gets bigger.

Generally, apart from some possible rocky compound, what is there in ice other than water? If it expands, it merely proves my point. As thism according to your "Grade 6" theorum, means there is now more water than beforehand.

I have been thinking about this long and hard and i have realised something if the iceburgs are floating (which i think they are correct me if im wrong) then the melting of the ice at the top will causes the iceburg to float higher in the water. This means that it displaces less water. The melted ice fills this void making the sea levels stay the same. so i think that the scientist may be right unless someone can prove this wrong

No, it does not float "higher", as the melted water "pushes" all the other water very quickly to even out the surface as much as possible. That's called gravity. As an iceburg is similtaneously floating along and melting, the dispersed water does not sit under the iceburg, and even if it did, it would not make it float "higher". If the iceburg melts at the top, it will have little to no affect on the iceburg itself, it will either just sit there or dribble of the side. I think you're trying to get at the fact that there is a certain percent of the iceburg that needs to be above the water at any time, it just doesn't work like that, it doesn't have to be 20% above, 80% or anything similar, in fact, the part beneath the surface does not always have to be the biggest, just as long as it was balance correctly, but it's boyancy was a little off, it could float, for a while, effectively, upside down, before eventually performing a natrual roll. Eventually, all iceburgs melt completely, so even if this displacement theory was true, it would eventually be irrelevant, as soon, there would be no iceburg left to "float higher", and that above and below the waterline is all water as one.

Simply, it fails.

You are missing the point, eventually, the whole thing will melt, and be water, so no matter whether is is floating higher or whatever other crackpot theory this failure-of-a-scientiest has pulled out of his ear, it will all end up water, therfore, this ice that was "floating higher" would act naturally boyant, and eventually all melt. Thus spreading out and, despite a sole iceburg's water capacity likely having little affect to the entire ocean, a number of iceburgs behave the same normal, completely justifiable way, sea levels would rise (without Global Warning or not, iceburgs have been doing this since likely the birth of the planet). It's a simple fact.

Archived