Rave Master

Fairy Tail has a lot of things I don't think you could fully understand unless you know Rave Master. Considering how the anime hardly covers a third of the manga, I recommend the manga a lot. Hiro Mashima is my favorite mangaka because of this and Fairy Tail, so I definitely recommend this. It has it's fair share of fanservice, but definitely not as much as Fairy Tail.

I know I prefer readin the manga over watching the anime so the anime doesn't factor that much into things for me.

I can live with less fan service since FT can push it a bit in some chapters.

So looks like I'm going to start reading it. Odds are I'll start tomorrow and I'll say what I think after I read a bit.

So, I got around to start Rave Master. I'm 30 chapters in and I really like it so far. Decent way in for a days work imo.

Now at 147. 3 days to get half way. I have to much free time. (edit made 1/5)

So, I hit 244. Can't believe I only have like 50 chapters left. It's been a fun read. Odds are I'll finish up Saturday since I'm doing stuff tomorrow. If I do finish then, it would have only taken me a week to read almost 300 chapters. Wow, that's a little sad.

I love Rave Master. I finished it a while back, and I can honestly say it was an exciting ride. The characters were electric, the running gags were almost too much for me, and every arc always felt so much different from the last (favorite was the Hardner arc for the scale of everything and all the interesting fights, along with the supporting cast introduced). Overall, at some points it seemed to suffer from some 'bad' writing, but the overall tone of the story, along with said main cast, helped pull it together for the entire journey. But I'm still disturbed at how Ruby went half-naked for the good part of the story.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1295182985' post='4938134']
From what I heard about the anime it's not that great and for some reason stops 1/3 of the way though. Yea, I'd like to see them try it again, but sadly I don't see that happen. Nothing wrong with dreaming though.
[/quote]

Anime studios seem to be unkind to Mashima. I'm hoping that like Dragonball Kai, they do try it again, but I'm not sure if it's popular enough to warrant a second anime adaptation.

Archived