Toaru Majyutsu No Indekkusu [A Particular Magical Index]

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1292293518' post='4850799']
Raitonoveru? What is tha- wait, did you really use the Japanese phonetic corruption of "Light Novel"? You're the sort of weeaboo who thinks Vampire Hunter D is best watched in the original language of Japanese and refuses to acknowledge an English dub's existence.
[/quote]
I'm Jap, and I live in Japan. I wasn't really sure if people here knew about Light Novels. <_<

Everyone knows about Light Novels, then. I'll keep that in mind.

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1292293745' post='4850821']
Well, I guess living in Japan takes out the "weeaboo" thing, but we do know what Light Novels are, and we're certainly more likely to recognize the phrase "Light Novels" than the string of syllables that is supposed to be "Light Novels".
[/quote]
Oukei, kurabbu herumetto, sankyuu-*Explodes*

[quote name='=Evangelion=' timestamp='1292293854' post='4850830']
Oukei, kurabbu herumetto, sankyuu-*Explodes*
[/quote]
XD

As for the series: I tried it once, it wasn't very good, I dropped it. I will give them major props for having a character with electric powers thinking to use them as a rail gun rather than to just shoot lightning bolts at people; that at least was refreshing.

Believe me, I know weeaboos. Even if Evangelion wasn't Japanese, he would NOT be a weeaboo. He sounds like the type to actually have a life. <_<

But yeah, the plotline is pretty awesome, but I do need some clarifications on some things: Is the flame-magician (I forget his name at the moment, the dude with the bar code under his eye) an Anglican or a Roman Catholic? I'm a little confused on who's the good guy and who's the bad guy. Derp.

[quote name='N'r-Vhyn-Qwayz'ar' timestamp='1292294170' post='4850846']
Believe me, I know weeaboos. Even if Evangelion wasn't Japanese, he would NOT be a weeaboo. He sounds like the type to actually have a life. <_<

But yeah, the plotline is pretty awesome, but I do need some clarifications on some things: Is the flame-magician (I forget his name at the moment, the dude with the bar code under his eye) an Anglican or a Roman Catholic? I'm a little confused on who's the good guy and who's the bad guy. Derp.
[/quote]
On the life note, I'm 12 years old...
The flame-magician is Stiyl Magnus. I think he's from the Necessarius, so he's English.

OT: Well, it is true that the first parts (about the Misawa and Alchemist) weren't [i]that[/i] good; on the other hand I believe that, at least in the book, the Accelerator part was good.

A little less fanservice and a little more character development would help the show, but aside from that, it's fairly enjoyable. Sometimes it's unnecessarily confusing if you ask me (especially when it comes to the 2 bajillion churches and organizations), but I like the main premise of a today's world where magic and science co-exist, the action is okay and some of those powers are just insane (season 1, that guy who could make anything he thought of real... he was awesome!).

So yeah... I can't believe I say this, but they should just turn down the boobs a bit and concentrate more on a continuous story, then it would be more enjoyable, at least for me :P

Archived