~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1352946021' post='6069866']
Probably because Europe's an awesome vacation spot. I know I want to return to Switzerland someday after being there for a week.

They should have an anime in New York. That could be interesting >.>
[/quote]

Y'all should come to Germany. At least when I'm there, which is about half of the year.

As for Europe being a setting, I'm just guessing it's that fascination with all things European. But then again, I heard of that "Paris syndrome" some Japanese tourists get because the city isn't like they imagined it to be in their dreams or something.

Also, any thoughts on this song?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPKh0uu46k[/media]

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1352948405' post='6069964']
Hey Fusion have you read the story yet?
[/quote]

I was gonna, but then I saw it was 40 pages.
I'm still going to read it, but I'll need to wait until break next week when I don't have homework hanging overmy head.
[quote name='Cinnamon Star' timestamp='1352949494' post='6069990']
Y'all should come to Germany. At least when I'm there, which is about half of the year.

As for Europe being a setting, I'm just guessing it's that fascination with all things European. But then again, I heard of that "Paris syndrome" some Japanese tourists get because the city isn't like they imagined it to be in their dreams or something.

Also, any thoughts on this song?

[/quote]

I was about to say there should be a World War 2 anime, but then I stopped.
[img]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/247/9/7/hetalia__buon_appetito___speedpaint_by_ladygt-d5dijw3.jpg[/img]

You mean they were disappointed when they got there?
If so, can't imagine why, it was fun when I went there. Maybe something with the restaurant service...

And that song got a lot better later on. They're pretty talented, whoever they are.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1352948405' post='6069964']
Hey Fusion have you read the story yet?
[/quote]
Whoa, what story?
[quote name='Cinnamon Star' timestamp='1352949494' post='6069990']

[/quote]
Their voices seemed a bit too soft for the usual J-Pop/K-Pop boy band

[quote name='Captain Remo' timestamp='1353022032' post='6070613']
Whoa, what story?
[/quote]

It's a short story that Jake wrote to distract himself from further plotting DEF II.

...the irony of it being the short story is semi-canon to it.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1353041623' post='6070870']
I've been feeling really cold lately here in New England.
I even bought a $45 Northface hat...

I never got why Japanese people caught colds so easily. Every time they get wet or they're out in the cold, people fear they'll come down with something .-.
[/quote]Heheh, England =P

And, they also told me not to be out in the rain, ijn both Brazil and Panama, so I wouldn't catch a cold.

That's called, caring for other's people's well-being, Fuse xDD

Honestly same thing here. I was told not to go out into the rain or I'd catch a cold. But I was a rebellious youth and did it just to see if they were right. They weren't. But I think the reason why you get sick if you've been out in the rain is simply that you get cold and while your body is shaking and shivering, trying to get yourself warmed back up so you don't go into hypothermia, your white blood cells don't/or can't fight off any infections/diseases you might have already germinating inside you. Only an educated guess but who know I might be right (^^)

And DL I have a great line for you in the main story which I just came up with . . . but I can't take it out of context or it won't be funny.

[color=#ee82ee]Then why did you even mention it?[/color]

I have no clue (>>)

Right right, it just seemed to me that in animes people are overly paranoid about catching colds. It's as common to me as a beach episode or a hot springs vacation or seeing the protagonist sit in the 2nd to last seat to the right of the classroom by the window or a new transfer coming to class or seeing someone's unnaturally shiny glasses obscuring their eyes.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1353100436' post='6071313']
Right right, it just seemed to me that in animes people are overly paranoid about catching colds. It's as common to me as a beach episode or a hot springs vacation or seeing the protagonist sit in the 2nd to last seat to the right of the classroom by the window or a new transfer coming to class or seeing someone's unnaturally shiny glasses obscuring their eyes.
[/quote]

Well actually I believe it is common for Japanese to get sick considering that they are incredibly crammed together- most hotels are like sardine cans. So the chances of encountering someone else who has a disease is increased and once you've ran into that person you could gert sick yourself. So of course they would do anything in their power to ensure they wouldn't increase their chances of being sick. As for the beach scene since Japan is an island the beach is only naturally a well place to visit and the same goes for hot springs- Japan has a lot of them

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1353173590' post='6071871']
Well actually I believe it is common for Japanese to get sick considering that they are incredibly crammed together- most hotels are like sardine cans. So the chances of encountering someone else who has a disease is increased and once you've ran into that person you could gert sick yourself. So of course they would do anything in their power to ensure they wouldn't increase their chances of being sick. As for the beach scene since Japan is an island the beach is only naturally a well place to visit and the same goes for hot springs- Japan has a lot of them
[/quote]

That all makes sense and stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to use that material for every other series, right? I dunno, the cold thing could make sense since there'll be plenty of times where there's rain or winter or whatnot, but they don't [i]have[/i] to do beach scenes. They just do it for fanservice :/
[quote name='Nmbr101:DonovynMikaraGerra' timestamp='1353176762' post='6071906']
Hmmm... I wonder if I might be able to write AM while I'm gone... I'm not gonna take my lap top with me. That's just more stuff to keep track of... In the mean while, DL... You need to write a sequel to KS.
[/quote]

Maybe make notes of it in a little black book or something?
And nahhh, KS' story is done. We already know what happens to everyone afterward anyways too.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1353221283' post='6072378']
That all makes sense and stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to use that material for every other series, right? I dunno, the cold thing could make sense since there'll be plenty of times where there's rain or winter or whatnot, but they don't [i]have[/i] to do beach scenes. They just do it for fanservice :/

Maybe make notes of it in a little black book or something?
And nahhh, KS' story is done. We already know what happens to everyone afterward anyways too.
[/quote]Exactly

Still need to work on LI tho... ;~;

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1353173590' post='6071871']
[/quote]Most EVERYTHING is like sardine cans.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1353100436' post='6071313']
[/quote]Lol'd at the 3rd one.

However, most protagonists that sit by the window are rebellious in nature, or lazy (or in Light's case, a wandering mind, due to being smarter than everyone else) and don't need to/don't want to pay attention, so they want something interesting to look at. These guys NORMALLY aren't perverts, so breasts are out of order. Plus, Japanese girls don't even have breasts anywa- *shot*

I think the last one is just done out of dramatic effect tho.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1353268014' post='6072685']
To be honest I don't mind a beach scene. I mean it's all good as long as it serves some kind of purpose, right?
[/quote]

That's the thing though, most of the time it doesn't >.>
Most of the time it's just used for a change of pace, but there are other ways to do that.
It's not that I hate beach scenes, but I just wish it wasn't something overused is all.

And yeah DL, you do need to write more Long Island :/

This might sound weird, but my way of thinking's changed lately, and now if I reread Death Note, I wouldn't be sorta rooting for Light like I did the first time I read it. I want him to be caught.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1353269542' post='6072718']
This might sound weird, but my way of thinking's changed lately, and now if I reread Death Note, I wouldn't be sorta rooting for Light like I did the first time I read it.[b] I want him to be caught.[/b]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz255/Jake-the-Sage/Forum%20Usage/What.jpg[/IMG]

Okay I think you might be [i]maturing[/i] Fusion, but then again I'm not the kind of person to give out advice about maturity. Can I interest you in a witty comment though?

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1352952064' post='6070031']
And that song got a lot better later on. They're pretty talented, whoever they are.
[/quote]

[quote name='Captain Remo' timestamp='1353022032' post='6070613']
Their voices seemed a bit too soft for the usual J-Pop/K-Pop boy band
[/quote]

[url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Music/DongBangShinKi?from=Main.DongBangShinKi"]http://tvtropes.org/....DongBangShinKi[/url]
Just sharing the article because it's funny and 100% true.

They also did an opening track for One Piece:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIPp1Zhg2gU&feature=related[/media]

Also, someone give me that story pl0x.=o
I don't know what it's about, but guess I'll have a bit of time to look at it.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1353270355' post='6072742']
[img]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz255/Jake-the-Sage/Forum%20Usage/What.jpg[/img]

Okay I think you might be [i]maturing[/i] Fusion, but then again I'm not the kind of person to give out advice about maturity. Can I interest you in a witty comment though?
[/quote]

Sure, go for it.
And I dunno, my perspective on things have changed a lot lately and I guess that was one of them.
Feels weird not being the same as I used to and knowing that though.
[quote name='Cinnamon Star' timestamp='1353270578' post='6072746']
[url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Music/DongBangShinKi?from=Main.DongBangShinKi"]http://tvtropes.org/....DongBangShinKi[/url]
Just sharing the article because it's funny and 100% true.

They also did an opening track for One Piece:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIPp1Zhg2gU&feature=related[/media]

Also, someone give me that story pl0x.=o
I don't know what it's about, but guess I'll have a bit of time to look at it.
[/quote]

THAT'S why they sounded familiar. I like that opening, the song's even on my iPod =P

If you're referring to Death Note, just check any manga site.
If you're referring to Long Island, I think it'll be somewhere on the first 2 pages of CW.
If you're referring to Jake's short story (which I will get to soon), http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283142-ycmaker-hotel/page__st__2240#entry6063811

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1353269542' post='6072718']
This might sound weird, but my way of thinking's changed lately, and now if I reread Death Note, I wouldn't be sorta rooting for Light like I did the first time I read it. I want him to be caught.
[/quote]
I don't even know you anymore ;_;

Although in the end, when Light started to lose it, he kinda fell out of my favor

Only the best of chessmasters can win my admiration.

I still love to think "what would Aizen do" in the most random moments of anime, or in life in general

Archived