~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1352248688' post='6062655']
Good for you bro! I've never been able to go see them anywhere live but they look like the kind of people I'd be happy to hang out with.

And Fusion the key is making the stories linked without it being incredibly obvious. Like have a place that is called one thing by some people but is called another thing by another group of people. Or maybe the place is called the same but after the events of one story it looks completely different from when you first saw it; it might make the readers think you're lazy but when the truth comes out they'll never see it coming! (>83)
[/quote]

I think I understood most of that...
But yeah, presentation's a key factor. And it's always good to have twists in there.

I found out the other day that apparently George Lucas was the [i]only[/i] one who knew Darth Vader was Luke's father. When they initially shot the scene, they had the guy in the Vader suit say that Obi-Wan was Luke's father, but then Lucas had James Earl Jones voice over with the actual twist. And that's why it's gone down as one of the most renowned movie twists because [i]no one[/i] saw it coming when that aired.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1352258205' post='6062813']
I think I understood most of that...
But yeah, presentation's a key factor. And it's always good to have twists in there.

I found out the other day that apparently George Lucas was the [i]only[/i] one who knew Darth Vader was Luke's father. When they initially shot the scene, they had the guy in the Vader suit say that Obi-Wan was Luke's father, but then Lucas had James Earl Jones voice over with the actual twist. And that's why it's gone down as one of the most renowned movie twists because [i]no one[/i] saw it coming when that aired.
[/quote]

Wait almost all of that stuff made you stop and puzzle over it . . . really? Hu . . .

And I did not know that about Star Wars. That is AWESOME! Okay now I want to pull something like that because it would be so evilly good to be the only person to know the final twist in something I'm overseeing and then watch everyone's reactions when they see and/or read it.

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352265347' post='6062924']
So, anyone know what the deal with KHR is?

I heard it's supposed to end next week, but I haven't seen any concrete sources.
[/quote]

You know, I've had the feeling that the manga was nearing its end throughout the Arcobaleno arc. And I hate to say it, but the last few chapters seem to be facing some of the last loose threads needing to be addressed.
I think ending it next chapter would be way too sudden and abrupt.
3 chapters, on the other hand...

Yeah, hat was the rumor I heard, but there was nothing concrete until today x.x

Honestly, I feel they should have stopped after the Simon family. It's not that the Arcobaleno arc was bad, seeing as it wasn't, but the last 2-3 chapters of it... So much Deus Ex Machina, Power Playing, and OOC bullshit.

El was thinking the same thing, iirc.
[spoiler=Reborn spoilers]
To me, the whole final battle with Bermuda and co felt rushed. And I was expecting Checker Face to be the final Big Boss, but nope, he's a random nerd >>
[/spoiler]

Do you think this was the way he wanted to end, or did the editors tell him to wrap the series up?

[spoiler=Random Nerd?]
Nah, he's a random super human with a thing for Ramen. He's Naruto,
[/spoiler]

Given the superb work of the series until Talbot showed up again, I'd say he was forced to stop. The last few chapters of the series felt rushed, and the ones before that even moreso.

It was almost enough to wreck the series, if it went on an longer...

Okay I'll have to change subjects since this is an anime club and, well, though this isn't really anime I think that this is cool enough with it's animation that it should be discussed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTMfqbmecNY

BTW, Amelia Black is completely getting that god d*mn weapon if I have to research the f*ck out of how it works (>8 ( )

It seems to be based on Ragna the Bloodedge's Blood-Scythe.

[spoiler=Blood-Scythe][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100802233532/blazblue/images/thumb/2/2a/Ragna_the_Bloodedge_%28Continuum_Shift%2C_Story_Mode_Illustration%2C_2%29.png/1000px-Ragna_the_Bloodedge_%28Continuum_Shift%2C_Story_Mode_Illustration%2C_2%29.png[/img][/spoiler]

The difference between the two is that the blood-scythe works by absorbing/purifying residual magic!nuclear energy from the atmosphere to fuel it.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBCc4gSaqIo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBCc4gSaqIo[/url]

It's basically a refined version of this, that leans more towards gun than sword.

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352310066' post='6063152']
[spoiler=Random Nerd?]
Nah, he's a random super human with a thing for Ramen. He's Naruto,
[/spoiler]

Given the superb work of the series until Talbot showed up again, I'd say he was forced to stop. The last few chapters of the series felt rushed, and the ones before that even moreso.

It was almost enough to wreck the series, if it went on an longer...
[/quote]

Guess I remembered it wrong.
That's a shame then, because Amano would have no problem making more out of this arc than what she (apparently a woman, judging by the comments in that article I linked) has already.
Oh well, Reborn's still a solid series overall. Amano's next work should be good too.
[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1352314340' post='6063189']
Okay I'll have to change subjects since this is an anime club and, well, though this isn't really anime I think that this is cool enough with it's animation that it should be discussed:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTMfqbmecNY[/media]

BTW, Amelia Black is completely getting that god d*mn weapon if I have to research the f*ck out of how it works (>8 ( )
[/quote]

That trailer was dope.
Actually, I always pictured Lisa using a scythe but that works too >.>

[quote name='Burai S. Zero' timestamp='1352406496' post='6063997']
Speaking of, has any new material been introduced for my character? :/
[/quote]

Okay Shadow here is what I have for your character
[spoiler=Shadow Zero]
[b] Zero Ranmyaku[/b]

Alias: Shadow Zero
Height: 5’ 1’’
Weight: 214 lbs. - 220 lbs.
Race: White
Job: Actor at RP 820, Fake Type Knight, Banned Member, High School Student - Band Member
Relationships:
Weapon(s):[list]
[*]Burai Blade
[*]Diamond Knuckle
[*]Phazon
[/list]
CHARACTER FIGHTING STATS 1-5 (1; Weakest, 3; Normal 5; Strongest)
Power- 3
Defense- 5
Speed- 3
Intelligence- 2
Skill- 4
Killing Intent- 4
[/spoiler]

So no there hasn't been anything really new added to your character. Granted yours is still in the "basic format" without things like 'fear(s)', 'behaviors', 'attitude', etc. Also I got the story posted at the Hotel so if you guys haven't heard . . . go and read it!

[quote name='Burai S. Zero' timestamp='1352409331' post='6064023']
Wait...you mean you are posting it there? Or is it somewhere else that you are talking about? :/
[/quote]

Shadow I am posting it in the Hotel so it can be seen there. When the entire story is ready to be put into production I am going to make my own thread in fan fictions and include everything I have been working on dealing with Trio of DEF II in there; character sheets and the like.

Remo yes I knew that but I still preferred to post it in the club . . . that way it can get a bit more views and hopefully some new members- it'll also boost posting there as well. It isn't part of the entire series, just a kick start almost, so I didn't feel the need to post it in Fan Fictions and have people believe that the entire thing is ready.

[quote name='Captain Remo' timestamp='1352938131' post='6069737']
So, whatever happened to the Senkaku Island argument between China and Japan?

It kinda died out =/
[/quote]

That was the thing where China wanted the oil reserves there that Japan had control over, right? I'm assuming they didn't get them and stopped bickering about it for now.

You know what'd be interesting? An anime that took place in America, or even somewhere random like India. Every time it's a real world setting, I feel like it's almost always in Japan.
And Europe for Hellsing.

Archived