~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

^I didn't understand most of that, but interesting to hear MtG was the 1st deck-building card game. That does make sense since I remember seeing ads for it online back in my old Dragonball Z magazines when I was a kid.
It's a shame that cards become outdated though as time goes on. Even though these games come up with more fun and interesting ways to play the game, that results in the old ways being forever abandoned.
One awesome way to have fun is playing the old YGO before Synchros and Xyz. Those duels I have at home are usually 10x more fun than the ones I've done on DN.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Fusion that is something that Magic the Gathering has gotten correct in a very clever way. They have multiple monsters with the same exact effect, say Haste, but with a various of attack/defense and more than one elemental type you could combine them in many ways to have multiple monsters that can be used in various decks.

And old cards in Magic the Gathering are never out of date, unless there is just something better out there. Take my very old and supposedly "outdated" High Tide which gives you four water mana for you to use in just a single turn; because of this effect and that, as the boss says, "blue mana ramping is hard to find" it shows that despite being old people still want it.

I think the reason I got into Yugioh (at least for me) was that I was concurrently watching the anime (well, the dubbed version but still) and so being able to (at least try to) replicate all of those awesome moments was satisfying all the way up to even now

And then there's the fact that when I play any card games irl (except for BS, I'm a good liar xD) I tend to live on luck so the old yugioh cards were a bit more fun than playing DN or DMg online with YGO strategy gods like Cherry or anyone in TCG

EDIT: 10,000 POSTS! W00T!

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1349485035' post='6038790']
I remember getting into YGO from the manga. I tried reading some volumes from a friend's house and got hooked.
Actually, that's just how I got started with manga in general.
Ben changed my life drastically and he doesn't even know it...
[/quote]
xD
Was he hooked on manga beforehand?

Actually wait, I lied.
Ben was my first experience with OTHER manga.
My FIRST manga was Dragonball Z. I was the biggest fanboy of the show you could find at the time, so while I was on summer vacation, my mom surprised me with a few DBZ "comics".
Apparently manga was sold in comic book form at one point, like one issue had 3-4 chapters each. I had the ones from Gohan vs Raditz up until all the Saibamen died.
Then I started collecting DBZ volumes when I met Ben, then that story I told happened.

Ironically, I was scared of watching the Saiyan saga because of Gohan and Vegeta's Oozaru forms.
One night, I snuck downstairs while everyone was asleep to try and catch DBZ on adult swim.
When I turned on the TV, it went straight to Oozaru Gohan ROARING at the screen and the volume was cranked way up for some reason.
I absolutely BOOKED it, surprised I didn't sh*t my pants.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1349556629' post='6039201']
Actually wait, I lied.
[b]This isn't the first Fuse ;_;[/b]
Ben was my first experience with OTHER manga.
My FIRST manga was Dragonball Z. I was the biggest fanboy of the show you could find at the time, so while I was on summer vacation, my mom surprised me with a few DBZ "comics".
Apparently manga was sold in comic book form at one point, like one issue had 3-4 chapters each. I had the ones from Gohan vs Raditz up until all the Saibamen died.
Then I started collecting DBZ volumes when I met Ben, then that story I told happened.
[b]Wait, were you aware that DBZ was from Japan or does that detail matter at all to you? [/b]
Ironically, I was scared of watching the Saiyan saga because of Gohan and Vegeta's Oozaru forms.
One night, I snuck downstairs while everyone was asleep to try and catch DBZ on adult swim.
When I turned on the TV, it went straight to Oozaru Gohan ROARING at the screen and the volume was cranked way up for some reason.
I absolutely BOOKED it, surprised I didn't sh*t my pants.
[/quote]
Didn't the TV wake up your family or was the tv in the basement or something?

Most of the anime I watched was on Toonami and I wasn't really into or even knew where too buying manga for a long time; though that's changed. However the first anime that wasn't on Toonami that I remember was 'Case Closed' which happened to be on Adult Swim as well. I would stay up until my parents were asleep and then sneak in to watch the episode and try to figure out who was the killer- it was unlike anything I had seen at the time. My brother even watched it once and it was, at his age, too scary for him to watch. Now he can easily figure out who is the killer 8/10 of the time (XD)

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1349566983' post='6039296']
Didn't the TV wake up your family or was the tv in the basement or something?
[/quote]

It probably did. I ran back to my room, but I don't really remember if they ever confronted me on it or not.
[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1349570469' post='6039348']
Most of the anime I watched was on Toonami and I wasn't really into or even knew where too buying manga for a long time; though that's changed. However the first anime that wasn't on Toonami that I remember was 'Case Closed' which happened to be on Adult Swim as well. I would stay up until my parents were asleep and then sneak in to watch the episode and try to figure out who was the killer- it was unlike anything I had seen at the time. My brother even watched it once and it was, at his age, too scary for him to watch. Now he can easily figure out who is the killer 8/10 of the time (XD)
[/quote]

Case Closed used to be on then?
Huh.
How far did they go before they stopped dubbing?

It's been a while since I've seen something that kept me guessing. I think Monster was the last one.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1349663419' post='6040036']
Case Closed used to be on then?
Huh.
How far did they go before they stopped dubbing?

It's been a while since I've seen something that kept me guessing. I think Monster was the last one.
[/quote]

Yes it did. I don't know how far they got since I can only remember a single episode because of the very gruesome death of the victim- he was stabbed through the heart with a katana right to the wall. If you know the one I am talking about then good, if not then it was in season one.

No it isn't a kiddy anime considering it shows everything from the simple dead bodies to completely decapitated heads. Here is an episode, only the second part though so not everything is there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvpKnZwJZk&list=UUnCXuCS9iHUtG9JOfcT41ng&index=42&feature=plcp

And as for Japan's style of censorship I think America would never accept it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's good isn't it? How did you find it? I remember saying you could go out and buy it but I don't remember if you said you were going to look for it or find it on the internet. On the topic of anime movies I managed to find "Fullmetal Alchemist: Conquerors of Shambala" and while I understand it isn't part of the actual canon I still found the movie to be entertaining.

That is what I want done with all of my work if it is made into a cartoon/anime when it comes to their movies. Screw having it some type of filler like Naruto has. My movies will be a stand alone story were familiar faces are indeed different and you can never trust if the hero you know and adore is in fact the villain in the movie. It kind of also allows the creator(s) more freedom to see their characters done a different way with a different storyline.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1351545917' post='6056687']
It's good isn't it? How did you find it? I remember saying you could go out and buy it but I don't remember if you said you were going to look for it or find it on the internet. On the topic of anime movies I managed to find "Fullmetal Alchemist: Conquerors of Shambala" and while I understand it isn't part of the actual canon I still found the movie to be entertaining.
[/quote]

I just googled Summer Wars english dub and a working link came up this time, haha. It's one of the few animes I'd actually go buy a DVD for though.
And glad to know I'm not the only guy who liked Shamballa. Apparently a lot of people think it's a bullshit ending, but I thought it was an interesting alternate take on the series.
Though if Brotherhood weren't around, I'm not sure I'd feel the same way.
[quote name='Nmbr101:DonovynMikaraGerra' timestamp='1351566633' post='6056929']
Movies are usually entertaining. Especially if they aren't part of the cannon. Bleach: Fade to Black has become my favorite thing about the Bleach anime, and it clearly isn't part of the cannon.
[/quote]

That's the one where Rukia gets possessed, right? I actually was pretty entertained by that movie too.
Wonder if Bleach is getting any more movies? Maybe one about the final arc that's been on lately, hard to say.
[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1351568529' post='6056938']
That is what I want done with all of my work if it is made into a cartoon/anime when it comes to their movies. Screw having it some type of filler like Naruto has. My movies will be a stand alone story were familiar faces are indeed different and you can never trust if the hero you know and adore is in fact the villain in the movie. It kind of also allows the creator(s) more freedom to see their characters done a different way with a different storyline.
[/quote]

Yeah, I wouldn't mind someone doing that with DEF (well obviously) as long as I remained a creative consultant.
I guess George Lucas felt the same way.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1352179320' post='6061950']
Yeah, I wouldn't mind someone doing that with DEF (well obviously) as long as I remained a creative consultant.
I guess George Lucas felt the same way.
[/quote]

Indeed he did. And to be honest a lot of things will be tied in together with other works I've done so that my final work can host every single character, or at least mention them, I've ever worked with . . . the true final work that will be known as "Beyond the Veils of Space and Time"!

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1352221859' post='6062231']
Indeed he did. And to be honest a lot of things will be tied in together with other works I've done so that my final work can host every single character, or at least mention them, I've ever worked with . . . the true final work that will be known as "Beyond the Veils of Space and Time"!
[/quote]

Sounds like an epic in the making.
Make it into a screenplay and you just might have a hit movie to fall back on.
[quote name='Burai S. Zero' timestamp='1352223307' post='6062237']
After being away for forever, I return with this.
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/zero-virus/FuckyouIMHERCULES.png[/img]
[/quote]

Well would ya look at that, Shadow's back. What's good bro?
And I feel like I'm missing out on the joke here...

Good for you bro! I've never been able to go see them anywhere live but they look like the kind of people I'd be happy to hang out with.

And Fusion the key is making the stories linked without it being incredibly obvious. Like have a place that is called one thing by some people but is called another thing by another group of people. Or maybe the place is called the same but after the events of one story it looks completely different from when you first saw it; it might make the readers think you're lazy but when the truth comes out they'll never see it coming! (>83)

Archived