~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy Brotherhood more than the original chiefly because it follows the manga more; though it isn't really the original anime's fault seeing as the manga wasn't finished when it came out. I suggest reading and watching Brotherhood more than the original, but that is just my opinion.

Fusion just go to your local movie store and see if it is in- or try the mall. I know there is a store called "FYE" in my mall that had it so maybe try there?

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1348944250' post='6034668']
I enjoy Brotherhood more than the original chiefly because it follows the manga more; though it isn't really the original anime's fault seeing as the manga wasn't finished when it came out. I suggest reading and watching Brotherhood more than the original, but that is just my opinion.
[b]I hear you, but what Arakawa was saying is that the first anime's story was better than hers in the manga. She thought they did a better job with it than she did.[/b]
[b]Most people will disagree, though I've seen others who agree with her.[/b]
Fusion just go to your local movie store and see if it is in- or try the mall. I know there is a store called "FYE" in my mall that had it so maybe try there?
[b]Pssh[/b]
[b][i]Buy[/i] anime.[/b]
[b]Riiiiight.[/b]
[/quote]

I finished FMA awhile ago . . . to be honest I realize why a lot of people claimed it was great and what not. I enjoy how the story isn't a complete good vs. evil generic story. It's like a chess game actually, with the villains making moves while the heroes make their own; though even some of the heroes aren't exactly "good", like Mustang who decided to stop the homunculus all the while also planning on taking control of the government.

And, since this is going to come up sooner or later, I am able to use alchemy since it is akin to magic in some sense. I haven't seen the door of truth so I can't do what the Elric brothers can do, clap their hands and use Alchemy, but have to have the symbols added to my gloves; I've even already managed to use it in a role-play fight.

[hr]

But I watch the anime that I buy every so often. Hell I have the entire collection of Godzilla on DVD, save for Godzilla vs. Gigan, and have seen them numerous times but I'll still watch them when I am going to sleep sometimes. Better than booting up the computer, searching for the movie and then watching it then . . .

I never really felt that side of Mustang, though it's more prominent in the original anime. He has a lot more ulterior motives in the beginning; I can see why Ed grew iffy towards him.

Good for you for paying for licensed goods like a good kid. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near as selfless what with all these streaming sites =P

By Godzilla, I'm assuming the old movies?
Because if he had an anime, HOW THE HELL IS IT?

Me buying the anime is simply a way of officially showing my appreciation for their work. Now that doesn't mean I won't read things on websites or anything like that so don't think me a saint . . .

And Godzilla has movies all the way up to 2004; but I have every single one from the original Godzilla/Gojira to Godzilla: Final Wars. And no he didn't have an anime series, though God I wish he did with story by Kaiju Samurai because it would be f*cking epic! However Zilla, the once unacceptable American rip-off, has a cartoon series which was decent in my opinion.

[s]OH I SEE HOW IT IS, I FREAKING TAKE A LITTLE HIATUS AND FREAKING DL SHOWS UP AND MAKES CHIBI KNIGHTS CLASSY AGAIN[/s]

Welcome back DL, hopefully you'll remain long for me to remember you visited

But on the topic of the original FMA anime, I've heard that while the story as a whole isn't as good as Brotherhood (ending wise at least) the way it goes into detail (such as Liore or for the whole Nina situation). So really is balances out to whether you want to feel more emotion for those single events at the cost of (possibly, again it's a personal choice) plot that isn't as good as the original

I also preferred the Pride/Wrath situation of Brotherhood/Manga vs. the 2003 version

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1349211686' post='6036632']
[s]OH I SEE HOW IT IS, I FREAKING TAKE A LITTLE HIATUS AND FREAKING DL SHOWS UP AND MAKES CHIBI KNIGHTS CLASSY AGAIN[/s]

Welcome back DL, hopefully you'll remain long for me to remember you visited

But on the topic of the original FMA anime, I've heard that while the story as a whole isn't as good as Brotherhood (ending wise at least) the way it goes into detail (such as Liore or for the whole Nina situation). So really is balances out to whether you want to feel more emotion for those single events at the cost of (possibly, again it's a personal choice) plot that isn't as good as the original

I also preferred the Pride/Wrath situation of Brotherhood/Manga vs. the 2003 version
[/quote]I made it classy wut

?

I just returned cuz I was bored

and the TCG section is kewl

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1349292914' post='6037169']
Rag will probably never come back and I don't think they're going to unban J-Max

But El apparently comes and visits sometimes

By bringing Chibi Knights back to her roots of weird Japanese things/the username business
[/quote]

Rag agreed to be banned and has found a new home in DN, iirc.
J-Man was around on CGC, but I haven't seen him there (or anyone really) there recently, so he's probably gone for like...ever.
El comes in to send in new chapters of his fic.
If anyone wants to read a pretty good Naruto fic, ask him to send you it :3

LIKE YOU'RE ONE TO TALK ABOUT USERNAME BUSINESS, [i]KIRA[/i].

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1349297955' post='6037233']
Rag agreed to be banned and has found a new home in DN, iirc.
J-Man was around on CGC, but I haven't seen him there (or anyone really) there recently, so he's probably gone for like...ever.
El comes in to send in new chapters of his fic.
If anyone wants to read a pretty good Naruto fic, ask him to send you it :3

LIKE YOU'RE ONE TO TALK ABOUT USERNAME BUSINESS, [i]KIRA[/i].
[/quote]
HEYHEYHEY, I WAS YOUNG AND INTO DEATH NOTE AT THE TIME

CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY YOU GOT TO HAVE iREMO FOR SO LONG

Tbh, it's a real shame most of the Powerforce members left

it was fun messing around with Ice or Cherry every once and a while

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1349300779' post='6037283']
HEYHEYHEY, I WAS YOUNG AND INTO DEATH NOTE AT THE TIME

CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY YOU GOT TO HAVE iREMO FOR SO LONG

Tbh, it's a real shame most of the Powerforce members left

it was fun messing around with Ice or Cherry every once and a while
[/quote]

WH-
THAT WAS LAST MONTH.

Cherry's really active on CGC and I think Ice was lurking in the Debates section, you can still find them if you need them.
I think Ice forgot about hosting YMB though.
Which is fine, since I never really want to see that happen again.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1349301301' post='6037295']
WH-
THAT WAS LAST MONTH.

Cherry's really active on CGC and I think Ice was lurking in the Debates section, you can still find them if you need them.
I think Ice forgot about hosting YMB though.
Which is fine, since I never really want to see that happen again.
[/quote]
DON'T GIVE ME NONE OF YOUR SASS
WHAT'S DONE IS DONE AND I'M NOT ABOUT TO SPEND MORE POINTS ON A NAME I'LL WANT TO CHANGE AGAIN TWO WEEKS LATER

If Ice wants to lurk Debates that's his business, but keeping up with both CGC and YCM is getting to be quite ridiculous, especially since I only really lurked Powerforce back during the DMG Age. I mean, I love Rod an all, but the only threads I was following more or less died ;_;

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1349303074' post='6037306']
DON'T GIVE ME NONE OF YOUR SASS
[b]YOU'LL GET ALL OF IT AND LIKE IT.[/b]
WHAT'S DONE IS DONE AND I'M NOT ABOUT TO SPEND MORE POINTS ON A NAME I'LL WANT TO CHANGE AGAIN TWO WEEKS LATER
[b]I BETTER SEE REMO OUT AND ABOUT IN 2 MONTHS, SON.[/b]
If Ice wants to lurk Debates that's his business, but keeping up with both CGC and YCM is getting to be quite ridiculous, especially since I only really lurked Powerforce back during the DMG Age. I mean, I love Rod an all, but the only threads I was following more or less died ;_;
[/quote]

A&M and General have no real activity either, it's quite unfortunate.
Especially considering those were the only two places I looked. Though I think their CC and TCG sections still have posters.
I guess that site's called [i]Cardgame[/i] Coalition for good reason.

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1349304164' post='6037326']
Yeah, I never got into that Vanguard Cardgame anime

It's quite unfortunate
[b]I heard it gets terrible in its 2nd season, so just as well I guess?[/b]
So, how is El's fan fic so far? I know I still have to catch up on DL's pokemanz fanfic (I thought I saw it was reopened) so once my schedule frees up I might have time for both
[b]It's pretty good. It's fun reading the fights, though sometimes it's hard remembering who some of the minor characters are. Though you probably won't have that problem by reading it all the way through.[/b]
[/quote]

And yes, DL's still doing Pokemon Island.
[quote name='Darklink401' timestamp='1349304384' post='6037328']
Speakin of, gotta get back to workin on that

At a bit of a standstill though, dont really know what to write :T

Also, if we had a YMB I wouldnt care, but I'd nominate Sleepy~
[/quote]

Have Fusion run into Issun and Dem or something.

Hey man, don't do that to your girl...that's cruel >.>

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1349304164' post='6037326']
Yeah, I never got into that Vanguard Cardgame anime

It's quite unfortunate
[/quote]

Me neither. I heard great things about it, but it bored me when I tried, and the card game is complicated as hell. x-x

[quote name='Caeda' timestamp='1349312290' post='6037385']
Me neither. I heard great things about it, but it bored me when I tried, and the card game is complicated as hell. x-x
[/quote]
I tried the card game

And....well, it was pretty cool

But it wasnt something I was dedicated at being too into :I

Actually Magic the Gathering was the first ever "official" trading card game in which you built a deck and played against someone else. I've played it before and I actually still got a few of my cards- some of which I've discovered are quite rare. I didn't get into it as big as Yu-Gi-Oh because of the main reason that there was no one I knew who really played the game and that it was more complicated than the up-and-coming Yu-Gi-Oh card game.

But since I'm in the Gamer's Club and the others play Magic the Gathering I'm shocked too see how far behind and out of date I truly am. Mana ramping, being able to bring out a 6/6 Dragon on round three, etc makes me feel like a small fry.

Archived