~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black to be honest I am going to miss you a bit. I mean I know we really haven't been around each other that much, but you are still a good friend too me and despite Caeda and I having our differences I will miss her too. Just, like I've already told Fusion, pop in from time to time or catch me on Skype and I think I'll manage. LOL

Also, if you don't come in and read the story I'm working hard on then I'll personally fly/drive to your house to slap you across the face! (>XD)

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1347809227' post='6026151']
b-but

I miss you ;_;

Anyhow, has anyone else been following Sword Art Online?

I find it interesting
[/quote]

Hello, I'm dropping in when I should be doing philosophy reading.
Yes, SAO's like my 2nd favorite anime of this season, after Kokoro Connect. I think its beginning was a little overhyped, but apparently it's because awesome stuff happens in the LNs later, and that's some good news. And Asuna is the first non-bitchy Asuna I've met so far in anime .-.

[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1347809227' post='6026151']
Anyhow, has anyone else been following Sword Art Online?

I find it interesting
[/quote]

I've never actually heard of it. Mind explaining what it is about? OUtside . . . you know . . . the art of swords and the fact it is online >>

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1347819236' post='6026221']
Hello, I'm dropping in when I should be doing philosophy reading.
Yes, SAO's like my 2nd favorite anime of this season, after Kokoro Connect. I think its beginning was a little overhyped, but apparently it's because awesome stuff happens in the LNs later, and that's some good news. And Asuna is the first non-bitchy Asuna I've met so far in anime .-.
[/quote]

Philosophy reading should be pretty easy Fusion. Nothing more than deep thinking and the like, unless I'm wrong to which I'd like you to show me an example (^^) But on the b*tchy Asuna thing, are you including the Negima Asuna or not? I don't know if she can be counted as b*tchy . . .

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1347833605' post='6026328']
I've never actually heard of it. Mind explaining what it is about? OUtside . . . you know . . . the art of swords and the fact it is online >>
[b]The year is 2022, and gamers have lined up on launch day for Sword Art Online, a hotly-anticipated MMORPG that lets players connect to an immersive virtual reality world with special helmets called Nerve Gear. Kirito is one such gamer who's eager to jump back into action, having spent a great deal of time as a beta tester, and quickly becomes friends with newbie warrior Klein. But soon, Sword Art Online's 10,000 players discover that not only are they unable to log out, the only way they can return to their physical bodies is by beating the 100-level tower's final boss - that is, if their HP doesn't drop to zero first, for death in the game means death in the real world. Now, with no one else to turn to, Kirito and the other participants must survive the game as best they can – some forming guilds, others ruthlessly leaving their peers behind, and many tragically falling by the wayside or to the merciless monsters populating the lands...[/b]
Philosophy reading should be pretty easy Fusion. Nothing more than deep thinking and the like, unless I'm wrong to which I'd like you to show me an example (^^)

[b]Reading itself isn't that hard, neither is interpreting what they say if you pay enough attention, but some of the questions we have to answer as we read are hard to answer because you really need to READ thoroughly in order to formulate your own answer. Nothing's obvious either, so you really have to THINK in order to answer it, and even then I'm not sure I'm right.[/b]
[b]The messages and thought processes are cool, but it'd be better without the questions. [/b]
[b]Lot better.[/b]
But on the b*tchy Asuna thing, are you including the Negima Asuna or not? I don't know if she can be counted as b*tchy . . .
[b]At some times she can be. [/b]
[b]To be more accurate, SAO's Asuna is the first non-tsundere Asuna I've met in anime.[/b]
[/quote]

SAO really is good, I'd recommend getting on the bandwagon for it now.

Sup guys?
I haven't watched SAO or played Sword Art Online. Not really the type of things that interest me.

But on a sidenote, I've been thinking about starting a club only about Japanese fashion.
Don't worry, I'll still be here and it won't be as broad or big as this one.=o
But dunno, thought I should tell you first before anything gets done.

Also, 1/3 of the club members posting everywhere, I see.D:

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1347837235' post='6026349']
[b]1.)[/b]
[b]The year is 2022, and gamers have lined up on launch day for Sword Art Online, a hotly-anticipated MMORPG that lets players connect to an immersive virtual reality world with special helmets called Nerve Gear. Kirito is one such gamer who's eager to jump back into action, having spent a great deal of time as a beta tester, and quickly becomes friends with newbie warrior Klein. But soon, Sword Art Online's 10,000 players discover that not only are they unable to log out, the only way they can return to their physical bodies is by beating the 100-level tower's final boss - that is, if their HP doesn't drop to zero first, for death in the game means death in the real world. Now, with no one else to turn to, Kirito and the other participants must survive the game as best they can – some forming guilds, others ruthlessly leaving their peers behind, and many tragically falling by the wayside or to the merciless monsters populating the lands...[/b]

[b]2.)[/b]
[b]Reading itself isn't that hard, neither is interpreting what they say if you pay enough attention, but some of the questions we have to answer as we read are hard to answer because you really need to READ thoroughly in order to formulate your own answer. Nothing's obvious either, so you really have to THINK in order to answer it, and even then I'm not sure I'm right.[/b]
[b]The messages and thought processes are cool, but it'd be better without the questions. [/b]
[b]Lot better.[/b]

[b]3.)[/b]
[b]At some times she can be. [/b]
[b]To be more accurate, SAO's Asuna is the first non-tsundere Asuna I've met in anime.[/b]
[/quote]

1.) Okay that sounds eerily similar to ideas I've had about a roleplay I was planning out. But then again I've also already heard of an anime which does basically the same thing, more than one actually. Listing them off off the top of my head: Digimon Tamers, Summer Wars (kinda), Dragon Drive and Monster Rancher.

2.) Mind giving me an example? I'm actually interested in taking philosophy one year during college.

3.) OKay she isn't [i]that[/i] tsundere but I can see when she has been. I view NEgimka Asuna more of the irritating yet overprotective big sister you never . . . and I hope most of you actually do . . . had.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1347837997' post='6026358']
Sup guys?
But on a sidenote, I've been thinking about starting a club only about Japanese fashion.
[/quote]

A club about Japanese fashion?

Yeah . . . I'm gonna be honest with you Bonbon but that is something I am completely not into and I don't see the point in making it as there probably isn't a lot of people here who would be able to respond to such a topic. But then again I might be wrong and people on YCM have this weird secret obcession with Japanese fashion, making the club incredibly popular. I guess doing a survwey in the Status wouldn't hurt. Me personally, not gonna join it. Good luck though! d(^^(o

Also, this Sword art thing reminds me of .hack//sign, but with more action and less character problems (I think). I'm mostly a fan of the soundtrack, not so much the Anime itself. If anyone is going to find me an Anime I like (besides Saint Seiya and X-1999), not-bad.jpg.

And yeah, I don't expect many people to join (but then again, I didn't expect the calm-yo-farms stunt to be taken seriously). Just telling beforehand beause you guys came first with the Japan stuff and I think there were "club wars" or stuff like that in the past.=o

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1347839592' post='6026371']
And yeah, I don't expect many people to join (but then again, I didn't expect the calm-yo-farms stunt to be taken seriously). Just telling beforehand beause you guys came first with the Japan stuff and I think there were "club wars" or stuff like that in the past.=o
[/quote]
Well

Club wars were childish bacon fights with a sense of unneeded pride

Except for Fake-Types vs non fake types

That one was semi legit

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver']
[b]Nothing's obvious either, so you really have to THINK in order to answer it, and even then I'm not sure I'm right.[/b]
[/quote]

Simple

Just do what Luffy would do

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1347837997' post='6026358']
Sup guys?
I haven't watched SAO or played Sword Art Online. Not really the type of things that interest me.

[b]Ahh aight, to each his own. But if you're ever bored and looking for something to kill time, I'd point you there first.[/b]

[b]That should be fine. I dunno who else would be into foreign fashion, but you never know.[/b]
Also, 1/3 of the club members posting everywhere, I see.D:

[b]Yeah, and I'm not even on much :/[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1347838658' post='6026366']
1.) Okay that sounds eerily similar to ideas I've had about a roleplay I was planning out. But then again I've also already heard of an anime which does basically the same thing, more than one actually. Listing them off off the top of my head: Digimon Tamers, Summer Wars (kinda), Dragon Drive and Monster Rancher.

[b]Biggest comparison I've seen it with is the .hack series, though it seems SAO's better (though Creator disagrees...despite never seeing SAO, though granted this was when there were only 3 SAO eps out).[/b]
[b]I really need to see Summer Wars.[/b]
2.) Mind giving me an example? I'm actually interested in taking philosophy one year during college.

[b]So far, we've had to read Plato's Apology and Plato's Republic, Book 1. You could look both of them up; they're only 19 pages of reading each. And basically we're given questions like "What is Socrates' view on pity? Does he use it?" or "What is Theraclynus' (or whothefuckever) view on justice? How does Socrates undermine his stance?" and stuff like that.[/b]
[b]It's alright, it's just that doing homework takes a while.[/b]
3.) OKay she isn't [i]that[/i] tsundere but I can see when she has been. I view NEgimka Asuna more of the irritating yet overprotective big sister you never . . . and I hope most of you actually do . . . had.

[b]I never disliked her, though she could get on your nerves at times though, and my point was SAO Asuna hasn't really done that...like at all.[/b]
[/quote]
[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1347841594' post='6026389']
Simple

Just do what Luffy would do
[/quote]

F*ck the homework and eat meat?
I could do that.
Wait, do you read One Piece?

Fusion I think we all read One Piece here. The only real managa outof the "big three" with characters I care about to be honest . . . but dude you seriously need to watch SUmmer Wars. You htough the visuals for Digimon the Movie and The Girl Who Leaped Through Time were awesome?! This one is more amazing than either of them and is actually a pretty good story in my opinion.

In fact . . . to further cement my reasoning that you need to see it now:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7FN6VnhXk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7FN6VnhXk[/url]

Rabbits have never been so badass

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1347842095' post='6026396']
Fusion I think we all read One Piece here. The only real managa outof the "big three" with characters I care about to be honest . . . but dude you seriously need to watch SUmmer Wars. You htough the visuals for Digimon the Movie and The Girl Who Leaped Through Time were awesome?! This one is more amazing than either of them and is actually a pretty good story in my opinion.

In fact . . . to further cement my reasoning that you need to see it now:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7FN6VnhXk[/media]

Rabbits have never been so badass
[/quote]

I like Naruto a bit more, but yeah, OP kicks major a*s. Oda does everything right, literally [i]everything[/i] right.
It's in English?
I know what I'm doing after homework tomorrow.
[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1347842212' post='6026397']
That could actually work 0-0"

and yes I recently started watching the anime

currently on episode 96
[/quote]

Don't be surprised when it worms its way into your top 5.
At the very least, your top 10.

You might do better to read the manga though, you've got a [i]long [/i]way ahead of you.

Who here has actually seen "Digimon: The Movie" and/or "The Girl Who Leaped Through Time"?

I actually didn't like the Digimon movie. The beginning "short" is also taboo to me considering how poorly it was done and that it was pointless. Actually did you know that movie was three separate ones combined into a single overlapping story which . . . honestly . . . didn't overlap at all; Willis wasn't even in the first two movies, which is why they only reference him until the third part. The only thing I really liked was the way the Digimon looked in there along with the style the internet was shown.

The Girl Who Leaped Through Time was a lot better, but for some reason even though it was amazingly beautiful in design I can't get interested in the storyline. There isn't much else to say about it since I can't complain about the visuals and the story just isn't interesting enough to me . . .

Summer Wars, on the other hand, is a good story and good visuals. It is excellent~!

• 2 weeks later...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/onZOB.png[/img]

That is all

Anyway, guess who got a name change~

IDK why, but I guess since I'm being active again (though only in the TCG section really) might as well start from scratch. Strangely fitting.

Anyway, haven't bee here in a while, so might as well

[img]http://img1.dailyonigiri.com/japanese-inventions-8.jpg[/img]

The only true way to take photos

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1348162077' post='6028761']
Summer Wars, on the other hand, is a good story and good visuals. It is excellent~!
[/quote]

I can't find the dub anywhere ;__;
[quote name='Darklink401' timestamp='1348921620' post='6034464']
Anyway, guess who got a name change~
[/quote]

Original names are the best names, son.

On a side note, I'm going to watch the original FMA and see how it compares to Brotherhood.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1348935377' post='6034560']
I can't find the dub anywhere ;__;

Original names are the best names, son.

On a side note, I'm going to watch the original FMA and see how it compares to Brotherhood.
[/quote]
It was actually good

Take it from experience

Tho the manga's better imo

Yeah, I kinda/sorta know the ending, but not really, but I get it's not very happy and I like happy endings.
So I'll probably like the alternate outtake, but prefer the original more.
Interestingly though, Arakawa admitted she liked the original FMA better than what she made by the end. She considers it a superior story.

Archived