~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='KingBUSCUS' timestamp='1340303191' post='5960478']
Oban
[/quote]

I looked it up and it looks like some weird alternate take on Speed Racer...
[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1340308913' post='5960529']
1. DBZ
[/quote]

DBZ's one of my top faves as well, though the manga's better than the anime since the anime dragged.
Shame Kai only went up to the Cell Games :/
[quote name='Donovyn Mikara Gerra' timestamp='1340320655' post='5960589']
My top 5 Anime?

1) Black Cat
[b]Hey, would you know if the anime's a faithful adaption to the manga, or does it do its own ending thing?[/b]
2) Strawberry Panic!
3) Jigoku Shoujo
[b]I heard some messed up things about this one...[/b]
4) Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
[b]So...out there >.>[/b]
5) Bleach
[b]Man, the manga is a million times better...which is saying a lot, because the manga's on its last legs right now.[/b]
[/quote]

Man, your list...is the furthest thing from mainstream >.>
[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1340321353' post='5960592']
I feel so mainstream compared to most people here. xD
I might've felt more obligated to watching more anime if I stayed in Anime Club in high school.
[/quote]

I'll be honest, I've found most of the time that mainstream stuff's better than stuff that isn't so much. Maybe it's just my personal tastes, but even awesome stories like 20th Century Boys, Code Geass and alla that don't compare to DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, etc to me.
Though honestly, Angel Beats, TTGL and Code Geass have become mainstream, amongst the "anime community" at least.
And bro...anime clubs are just awkward.
Firstly, it singles you out as someone into "Japanese stuff". While I DO think that people SHOULDN'T be judged for that, they are, because that's how high schools and colleges work.
Secondly, I don't know about you, but I'd feel weird watching an ecchi and/or emotional scene with other people. Kinda like how things feel awkward if you're watching a movie with your mom and a sex scene comes on.
Thirdly, I can't imagine everyone coming to an agreement on what to watch, since anime has many different genres and preferences.
Though that last one's not much a bad reason, but still, the idea of an anime club never appealed to me.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1340323112' post='5960601']
Bleach in anyone's top 5 immediately invalidates anything they say on the subject.

1. Angel Beats!
2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Bitter Virgin
5. Cardfight!! Vanguard
[/quote]

While I cannot disagree that Bleach got a sub-par anime adaption, or that the writing has reflected the skills of a 6th grader that had a stroke, the most important part behind ANY anime is that it's entertaining. And despite Bleach's quality, I cannot deny that it's entertained me for the most part, and I'm not tuning in each week merely because I feel obligated to finish.

How long is Bitter Virgin anyways? If it's short enough, I may decide to give it a 2nd shot after finishing Monster.
Which, by the way, I recommend to all of you, since I've heard nothing BUT good things about it, and I'm already into it 10 chapters in.

Dang, I can't believe I forgot FMA:B.

I'd say slap me, but my auto-counter would cause me to bicycle kick you.

Amended list:

1. Angel Beats
2. TTGL
3. Code Geass
4. Death Note
5. FMA: Brotherhood
6. FMA (Original)
7. Avatar: The Last Airbender
8. Oban Star Racers (Don't knock it till you watch it)
9. Karin
10. ...Rosario+Vampire...
HAH
no
10. D-Grayman

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1340335179' post='5960759']
Firstly, it singles you out as someone into "Japanese stuff". While I DO think that people SHOULDN'T be judged for that, they are, because that's how high schools and colleges work.
[b]But that's just the thing that gives you a reason to feel special. Plus if people say it to your face, you can just say, "Bah, I like it. Your opinion doesn't matter. Seeya!" Then walk off like Iron Man walks away from the exploding tank.[/b]

Secondly, I don't know about you, but I'd feel weird watching an ecchi and/or emotional scene with other people. Kinda like how things feel awkward if you're watching a movie with your mom and a sex scene comes on.
[b]Actually, that's even better, cause when it comes on, people woo it or yell and whistle and it's f*cking hilarious. xD[/b]

Thirdly, I can't imagine everyone coming to an agreement on what to watch, since anime has many different genres and preferences.
[b]Whether that be so or not, I could care less what we watch. It usually ends up with me enjoying it and eventually watching more of it elsewhere.[/b]
[/quote]

The reason why I left anime club sophomore year was because everyone was being a total dick to my friend. Then a fight started, and he ran off crying. So I just walked out and sorta not went anymore. But then everyone in it turned out to be very nice people and I wished I stayed.

My School had an anime club.

Except they all focused on Azumanga daioh, which was annoying. I told them to check out some stuff and they were like "Hmph, what do you know about anime".

I simply replied, "More than you." and walked off with boss mode enabled.

[quote name='Nath~' timestamp='1340400251' post='5961100']
I would never be able to rank my favorite anime. Something in the pit of my stomach tells me it's a bad idea, just like when I talk about Obelisk The Tormentor and he haunts me in my dreams.
[/quote]
I have to agree with you there.

I tend to forget the really good ones and all of sudden, half my list ties for 5th.

[quote name='Nath~' timestamp='1340400251' post='5961100']
I would never be able to rank my favorite anime. Something in the pit of my stomach tells me it's a bad idea, just like when I talk about Obelisk The Tormentor and he haunts me in my dreams.
[/quote]

Holy hell it's Nathren, sup man?

Nah, I can respect that. Even with a top 5, there are times when I feel more strongly about something than the other.

[spoiler=And this is what happens when I play Video Games]Eirika - Bridgett Hoffman (Grown Nia, Rem Saverem)
Seth - Dave Wittenburg (Kakashi, Folgore)
Franz - Brianne Sidall (Older Gimmy)
Gilliam - Michael Sorich (Tessai + fishbone D + Don Knaonji + Other stuff, Gamabunta)
Vanessa - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Ann_Taylor"]Julie Ann Taylor[/url]
Moulder - Bob Johnson (Yamamoto, can't find a wiki page for him)
Innes - Sam Riegel (Viral)
Tethys - Megan Hollingshead (Nurse Joy + Cassidy, Rangiku + Nemu, Adiane)
Duessel - Sean Reyes (Not many roles, best use here is Professor Rowan)
Ross - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Robinson"]Cindy Robinson[/url]
Garcia - Travis Willingham (Colonel Roy Mustang, Colonel Relius Clover)
Colm - Vic Mignogna
Ewan - Brianne Sidall (Younger Gimmy)
Knoll - Derek Stephen Prince (Shino, Uryu, lolattenborough)
Neimi - Stephanie Sheh (Hinata, Orihime, Kinon Bachika)
Artur - Spike Spencer (Hanataro)
Lute - Megan Hollingshead (Nemu this time)
Natasha - [url="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=70779"]Lauren Landa[/url] (I know a few roles, but... she's not common)
Joshua - Yuri Lowenthal
Ephraim - Blake Shepard (Yuzuru... this was honestly the hardest voice to cast, so I just decided to do an Easter Egg, given another voice chosen.)
Forde - Kyle Hebert (Kamina, Aizen)
Kyle - Troy Baker (Greedling, despite Kyle being kinda... flat, the voice fits)
Tana - Michelle Ruff (Yoko, Rukia, lolcarlclover)
Amelia - CristinaValenzuela (Noel Vermillion)
Gerik - Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge, Senji Kiyomasa, Isshin Kurosaki)
Marisa - Melissa Davis (Shiina, Botan, Mai Kawasumi)
L'Arachel - Brittney Karbowski (Yurippe)
Dozla - Skip Stellrecht (Might Guy)
Saleh - Dave Mallow (Anti-Spiral)
Cormag - Wally Wingert (Renji, Brago, BanchoLeomon)
Rennac - ALSO Yuri Lowenthal
Myrrh - Emily Neves (Kanade)
Syrene - ALSO Julie Ann Taylor
Caellach - David Vincent (Jin Kisaragi, Grimmjow)
Orson - Jamieson Price (Lordgenome, Sado/Chad, Jelly Jiggler, Colonel Shikishima, Iron Tager)
Riev - Steven Blum (... orochimaru is the reasoning here)
Selena - Karen Strassman (Kiyoh Bachika, Soi Fon)
Glen - Steve Kramer (Shunsui Kyoraku)
Valter - Kirk Thornton (Kisame, other roles that make him sound human but crazy)
Lyon - Johnny Yong Bosch
Vigarde - Doug Stone (Guame)
Fomortiis - Jonathan Todd Ross (Yami Marik)
[/spoiler]

I left out Hayden, Fado, and Ismaire because they lack enough screentime to form a voice X_X

And during this...

mfw Aizen and Kamina O_o

And I learned that Viral was originally cast as Vic Mignogna.

And the Anti-spiral shares a voice with Angemon

EDIT: Swapped Glen and Seth's VAs, so Seth is now Dave Wittenburg.

[quote name='KingBUSCUS' timestamp='1340570298' post='5961964']
Woah woah woah woah

FREEZE

I see what you did, and NO you are not Joshua and NO I am not Lyon. Do not even attempt that.
[/quote]
I honestly meant it as a break to tradition. I just feel that Yuri would do Joshua perfectly and that Lyon, the crazy idealist, could be done amazingly by Johnny.

If anything, you're more Joshua and I'm more Lyon.

Ummm...

yeah, I don't think either of those would work.

gdi, to many good characters in a game. I don't think Yuri would be Joshua, if sticking with the usual thing it would be Yuri as Ephraim and Johnny as Lyon by this logic.

Also, y u no respond to Skype?

Archived