~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1338436998' post='5949677']
Caeda wouldn't like Clannad, but Kanon and Toradora would be good for them to watch.
[/quote]
..why wouldn't she like it?

Its brilliantly done.

In every way.

Saw this on Anime Planet
[quote]
This series is almost 100% geared towards males and their sense of chivalry/protectiveness/affection-towards-weak-females. I can imagine it being very unappealing for female viewers, as the majority of its heroines are absolutely weak, pathetic, and utterly dependent on others. There are some exceptions (Tomoyo and Kyou), but they don't get too much attention in the main series. It really is a pity party in the truest sense, and that/those aspects get exponentially worse in the 2nd season.

I enjoyed it, particularly because of Tomoya and Sunohara, but it's obvious they are forcing an emotional response out of you unfairly or undeservedly by tugging on certain instincts.
[/quote]

Kinda like Crab and Harry Potter, didn't change my love for the series any, but I gotta agree on its flaws.

the thing is, while Fuko is fragile, she is a ghost-girl for half the series, while Nagisa is fragile, that's her character, without that, there'd be no f*cking plot, and while Ryou is a bit...mellow, she's different from Nagisa

My point is, they're ALL strong CHARACTERS. That's what differentiates it from Naruto, with weak female CHARACTERS =/

[quote name='~Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1338438531' post='5949689']
And since when do females do useful crap in Naruto? .-.
[/quote]

pfft they heal people man
Though now I'm wondering about the abundance of female Naruto fans...

That's not necessarily the general consensus, it was just a post that made [i]me[/i] think and look back on it. Clannad WAS funny and I personally liked the characters too. There's also posts [url="http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/specific-anime-discussion/13992-clannad-35.html#post1140939"]like this[/url] that make good points too. Regarding the quote I posted, I'd say "unfair" is subjective; I think the story was able to tug on emotions in a good way. Another thing is that there was a lot of cynicism present in the Clannad thread, so that may have affected the mood or whatever.

But for this point
[quote name='~Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1338438777' post='5949694']
the thing is, while Fuko is fragile, she is a ghost-girl for half the series, while Nagisa is fragile, that's her character, without that, there'd be no f*cking plot, and while Ryou is a bit...mellow, she's different from Nagisa

My point is, they're ALL strong CHARACTERS. That's what differentiates it from Naruto, with weak female CHARACTERS =/
[/quote]

Yes, they are distinctly defined and feel unique; they stand out. They're well-developed.
But in a good way?
For us, sure, for girls, well, if I were a girl, I'd probably be wondering why Ryou and Kyou burst into tears at that tennis scene; I think I'd be giving them a "r u kidding me" face because it seemed like an overreaction. Maybe in [i]private[/i] or eyes glistening would be fine, but I wouldn't bawl in public over realizing he ain't into me.

With Naruto, I'd want to say the best female character's Kushina. Wish sucks, because she had limited screentime :/
[quote name='Kanade Otonashi' timestamp='1338438734' post='5949692']
HA

FUSE IS RIGHT

NOT FOR THE REASON HE THINKS BUT HE'S TOTALLY RIGHT. :3
[/quote]

What reason then?

[quote name='Kanade Otonashi' timestamp='1338438734' post='5949692']
HA

FUSE IS RIGHT

NOT FOR THE REASON HE THINKS BUT HE'S TOTALLY RIGHT. :3
[/quote]....well f*ck

@Fuse - Its in a good way, yes

Not perfect for females

But still great

Especially because any respectable female will still laugh at Sanae's overreacting.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1338440798' post='5949711']
Is it the animation, the cliches like chibis, ecchi, tsunderes, etc, or what?
[/quote]

A little bit of everything.

I get bored easily, easily distracted, hard to keep entertained.

I just can't get into it.

Oh, guys speaking of animation I found this while I was exploring around Youtube one day.

These guys did the entire thing [u]on their own[/u] and it looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9Kndy0ZMs&feature=bf_next&list=LL2t8_2Twja2T-x5VUStCrcQ

Personally I'd go with the red apron girl (^^)

[quote name='Kanade Otonashi' timestamp='1338442641' post='5949721']
A little bit of everything.
I get bored easily, easily distracted, hard to keep entertained.
I just can't get into it.
[/quote]

Ah, I see. Anime's just not for everyone I suppose.
[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1338506831' post='5950070']
Oh, guys speaking of animation I found this while I was exploring around Youtube one day.
These guys did the entire thing [u]on their own[/u] and it looks amazing.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9Kndy0ZMs&feature=bf_next&list=LL2t8_2Twja2T-x5VUStCrcQ[/media]
Personally I'd go with the red apron girl (^^)
[/quote]

Skimmed through it, I'll watch the whole thing later, but that did look really impressive. I kinda like how they look like Canadians =P
What language are they speaking, Chinese? Didn't sound like traditional Japanese unless they did their research and used an old dialect or something.

People are riotin against da pooooower, man

da people on toooop

Didnt I tell you?

They even threw a pepper gas bomb into our school around a week ago, and one of my friends fainted and couldnt breathe cuz she had asthma

I was worried

I just didnt show it too much

Plus, I get off of school

And my friend is fine, they took her to the hospital.

But no, Im not worried about the riots

At all, really.

The library was set on fire, it seems

Archived