• Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Sploda' timestamp='1330903318' post='5856986']
...So you mean it's Heart of the Swarm.

Your version of Heart of the Swarm.

cool, I'll read.
[/quote]

Once I discover that it'd actually be WORTH a damn

I'm tired of everywhere I go only to get jumped on with the "YOUR POST IS CRAP! GFTO NOOB!" type comments.

I'm tired of the constant berating on me no matter what section I'm at in the forum

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1330902827' post='5856972']
not as long as Crab Helmet is doing you know what in that place

everywhere the guy goes, if she sees a fic she doesn't like, she just locks it up
[/quote]

She does?
I don't remember seeing that .-.
Though to be honest, getting a Foe Fiction's really really lucky. It may be bashing and trashing your writing and make you feel stupid, but there's actually a lot you can learn from those. And it can definitely make you a better writer because you're getting your mistakes spelled out for you and you can improve from there.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1330903423' post='5856992']
She does?
I don't remember seeing that .-.
Though to be honest, getting a Foe Fiction's really really lucky. It may be bashing and trashing your writing and make you feel stupid, but there's actually a lot you can learn from those. And it can definitely make you a better writer because you're getting your mistakes spelled out for you and you can improve from there.
[/quote]

either way as far as I recall the creative writing doesn't work for a NON-anime fic anyways

@Rag
WELL THEN JUST SHOW PEOPLE INTERESTED IN READING IT!

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE POSTED IN A THREAD IN A CERTAIN SECTION SIMPLY BECAUSE PEOPLE SAY SO!

WE'LL HOST THE CHAPTERS HERE, IN THE OP OF THIS THREAD!

WE'LL READ THEM VIA PM!

IF CRAB HELMET WANTS TO STIFLE MANLY CREATIVITY THEN HE WILL HAVE TO FACE ALL OF US, UNITED UNDER THE BANNER OF MANLINESS AND TOGETHER WE WILL DEFEND THE STORY OF THE HEAVENS!

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1330903459' post='5856995']
either way as far as I recall the creative writing doesn't work for a NON-anime fic anyways
[/quote]

Say uh
Have you ever heard of this fic called Trio of DEF?
[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1330903710' post='5857000']
fine I will

I will begin with the opening chapter RIGHT NOW if you find me one other person who is willing to read it
[/quote]

Idk Starcraft, but sure.

[quote name='Sploda' timestamp='1330903921' post='5857010']
DL, Fusion and I will read it.

Even if Fusion says he won't, his latent manliness and youthful vigor will drive his curiosity to read it.
[/quote]

Acknowledged.

Very well, here is the opening chapter:

Chapter 1

Jim surveyed the battlefield around him as he walked back to Warfield's forward base. Almost 12 hours had passed since the activation of the Xel'Naga artifact, 12 hours after almost all the men under his command had gone up against one of the largest Zerg assaults in history.

Everywhere he saw, the ground was literally covered with decaying Zerg corpses, many of them still carrying the burns from the artifact's energy nova. To be honest, there had been many times during the final battle where he had been almost afraid to use it. Despite all of information provided by Valerian's Möebius Foundation, there was still no assurance that the Xel'Naga artifact would really return Kerrigan to her human form. In fact, after seeing just a premature energy nova the artifact released that killed thousands of Zerg with a single blow, Jim had been greatly worried that a fully charged blast would be fatal even to Sarah. Still, upon finding her returned to her human form upon entered the hive, he had been greatly relieved.

Or at least, mostly returned to her human form. Her hair remained the bony, dreadlocked aberration she had as the Queen of Blades, and Jim wondered if this meant the artifact didn't work the way it was supposed to. From everything he learned from Dr. Ariel Hanson while on the Hyperion, Stetmann believed that once the current mutated hair is removed, her natural fiery red hair will begin growing again. He is already preparing her for surgery on that, and after he had confirmed that she was in a reasonably healthy condition, Jim had no objections to the operation.

Still, he couldn't help but wonder what kind of an effect this had on her mind. For the last 4 years, despite he had always believed the real Sarah was still alive in the Queen of Blades, he always wondered what the Queen of Blades really was. Was she a Zerg monster with Kerrigan's face while the real Sarah was imprisoned in her own mind? Or had she been Sarah all along these years?

Most of his crew did not really care what the answer was, only that she had to be stopped no matter the cost. Jim agreed with that, but despite he had sworn to kill Sarah after Fenix's death, a part of him just couldn't let her go, probably because he always believed there was a way to kill the Queen of Blades without killing Sarah as well.

As such, during the final battle he was surprised, but also relieved to hear Sarah's voice calling out to him, calling out to him to keep fighting to matter the cost. If Dr. Hanson was right about the artifact and it really did absorb Zerg energy, then it was entirely possible that the closer the Queen of Blades got to it, the more her control over Sarah had weakened. Thus when the Xel'Naga artifact was nearing maximum power, she had briefly lost control over Sarah's mind, allowing her to call out to him.

Whatever the case is, it made no difference now. The Zerg swarm on Char is now scattered, and the fighting has mostly died down. After so much fighting since the invasion began, Jim was almost unaccustomed to hearing the silence. If it had been any other situation, he would be returning to the Cantina on the Hyperion for a long period of drinking and relaxation. However, after Valerian's offer to help restore Kerrigan, all he wanted was to go back to the Hyperion's lab to check up on her, and to be there for her when she wakes up.

There is still a long road ahead of them. The warning from Zeratul about the Dark Voice and impending armageddon was not to be taken lightly. If Sarah really is the key to preventing all this, then Jim knew he would do all in his power to protect her, as he knew once the news about the Queen of Blades's defeat on Char spreads across the Korpulu sector, there will be billions of people demanding Kerrigan's head for everything she's done. But whatever the path will be for them, he knows that they will face it together, the way it always should have been.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1330903902' post='5857008']
Say uh

[/quote]
lolz

And it's the other way around

Creative shouldn't work for an anime fic as well as for a non-anime whatever xD

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1330903902' post='5857008']
Say uh

Idk Starcraft, but sure.
[/quote]

Yeah you told me all about it. Maybe yours was just the exception

I'm not taking any chances, not with everything that's happened to me lately

Nice recap, with this DL and Fusion should be able to understand. The only thing I would recommend is describing the Xel'Naga and such a bit.

Although, if this is a chapter, I suggest you label it Prologue or at least tell me it is the first portion of the chapter.

You write well, I can see this becoming epic in later chapters.

/twocents

[quote name='Sploda' timestamp='1330904309' post='5857022']
Nice recap, with this DL and Fusion should be able to understand. The only thing I would recommend is describing the Xel'Naga and such a bit.

Although, if this is a chapter, I suggest you label it Prologue or at least tell me it is the first portion of the chapter.

You write well, I can see this becoming epic in later chapters.

/twocents
[/quote]

oh this is only the prologue

This is the only SHORT chapter

I must warn you though, that a LOT of chapter may involve reading the Starcraft NOVELS to understand too....

[quote name='Sploda' timestamp='1330904500' post='5857033']
@Rag
It's a good thing I've read them then.

You've got me stoked to read this.
[/quote]

I'll list the ones you will need to have read:

Dark Templar Saga Part 1: Firstborn

Dark Templar Saga Part 2: Shadow Hunters

Dark Templar Saga Part 3: Twilight

Heaven's Devils

Devil's Due

Uprising

Nova

Spectres

Shadow of the Xel'Naga

and possibly I, Mengsk and Liberty's Crusade

[quote name='Sploda' timestamp='1330904698' post='5857042']
Rag, you don't get it.

If it's starcraft, I've read or played it.

I'm good on the info.
[/quote]

We'll see

Just so you know, I began this fic last March, so this was BEFORE Heart of the Swarm's info came out

Therefore, it will NOT follow such a storyline

[quote name='Sploda' timestamp='1330904910' post='5857053']
That's fine. I still think it will be good.

GIVE ME ALL YA GOT!

In the words of someone I know...LETS TRIP, BABY!
[/quote]

right

anyways, the purpose of this story is to explain what happened after Wings of Liberty, but before Heart of the Swarm

Archived