~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1319763971' post='5603919']

I don't think Tobi is immortal. I don't remember an instance where that has been shown at all.
[b]Itachi said he was immortal.
Granted he didn't know Tobi was a fake, but I think immortality was a gift of his EMS...not sure.[/b]
As for Orochimaru . . . that is reincarnation at BEST, not actual immortality.
[b]Well HE called it immortality :T[/b]
[/quote]

EDIT: So yeah, guess EMS is hot sh*t.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1319764218' post='5603925']
The EMS grants immortality. Not invincibility ,though.

The theme is they all WANT immortality. Tobi claimed to be cause EMS
[/quote]

Actually the EMS doesn't grant immortality; otherwise Sasuke would now be immortal.

Instead it is "due to being imbued with the First Hokage's cells, Tobi has managed to extend his life to the point where it is believed by others that he may have become immortal."

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1319764934' post='5603947']
Actually the EMS doesn't grant immortality; otherwise Sasuke would now be immortal.

Instead it is "due to being imbued with the First Hokage's cells, Tobi has managed to extend his life to the point where it is believed by others that he may have become immortal."
[/quote]
And your source is what? Itachi states the EMS makes you immortal, so, Sasuke is Immortal now =/

Not Invincible- Immortal

Show me the page please.
My source is Naruropedia- which is the closest thing to page flipping through the actual manga.

On a side note . . .

*falls over laughing my head off*

Oh God Susanoo is in this book I'm reading! And he kicks so much f*cking ass it is incredible!!!

(XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1319764934' post='5603947']
[/quote]

That could be.
...Sasuke may actually be immortal now.
Crazy Uchihas.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1319766279' post='5604008']
Being immortal doesn't mean you can't be killed, it just means you'll never die from old age.
[b]That depends on your definition of immortality. Immortality generally means you cannot die. Period.[/b]
[b]But again depending on your definition you can be right.[/b]
And I'm betting Sasuke's gonna be killed.
[b]I honestly hope not. Poor misguided emo Saskue just needs the living sh*t beat out of him, b*tch-slapped by Naruto, and then forced to aid him in defeating Tobi in an epic ballz-to-the-f*cking-walls showdown that makes Chuck Norris movies look like kiddie films <- this is a result of reading the book.[/b]
What book?
[b]The book is titled, "Badass: The Birth of a Legend" Spine-Crushing Tales of the Most Meriless Gods, Monsters, Heroes, Villains, and Mythical Creatures Ever Envisioned.[/b]

[b]And to be quite honest, Susanoo in Japanese mythology completely kicked a lot of f*cking ass.[/b]
[/quote]

That's a good sign Sasuke will be whooping a*s then.
Immortality meant long life in Naruto whenever it's shown up, so I'm going with that.
And I agree that Sasuke needs to be redeemed, but there really is no way he can go home to Konoha after the Gokage Summit incident. If he isn't sentenced to death, it'll be life imprisonment.
EDIT: To be fair, in DBZ, immortality meant never being able to be killed and having eternal youth.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1319766824' post='5604040']
Um, no. Immortality means no natural death =/ People are just stupid and don't realize that.
[/quote]

[b] im·mor·tal·i·ty[/b]
/ˌɪm[img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/img]ɔrˈtæl[img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/img]ɪ[img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/img]ti/ [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html"][img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif[/img][/url] [url=""]Show Spelled[/url][im-awr-tal-i-tee]

[color=#333333]noun[/color]
[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/immortal"]immortal[/url] [color=#333333]condition[/color] or [color=#333333]quality;[/color] [color=#333333]unending[/color] [color=#333333]life.[/color]
enduring fame.

[b][i]Origin: [/i][/b]1300–50; Middle English immortalite < [color=#333333]Latin[/color] immortālitās. See [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/immortal"]immortal[/url], [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/-ity"]-ity[/url]

From the Dictionary so yeah . . . tell me again it means no natural death (B |)

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1319766836' post='5604042']
That's a good sign Sasuke will be whooping a*s then.
Immortality meant long life in Naruto whenever it's shown up, so I'm going with that.
[b]I am not sure, but then again I do not remember where it appears so it may be.[/b]
And I agree that Sasuke needs to be redeemed, but there really is no way he can go home to Konoha after the Gokage Summit incident. If he isn't sentenced to death, it'll be life imprisonment.
[b]Maybe life long parole? (8D)[/b]
EDIT: To be fair, in DBZ, immortality meant never being able to be killed and having eternal youth.
[b]That is the definition version, though some also consider an extended life to be "immortal" as well. It is all up to speculation, though again the definition is not being able to die[/b]
[/quote]

Anyone wanna read a story from the book about Susanoo?
Its good~! (83)

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1319767946' post='5604086']
[b] im·mor·tal·i·ty[/b]
/ˌɪm[img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/img]ɔrˈtæl[img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/img]ɪ[img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/img]ti/ [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html"][img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif[/img][/url] [url=""]Show Spelled[/url][im-awr-tal-i-tee]

[color=#333333]noun[/color]
[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/immortal"]immortal[/url] [color=#333333]condition[/color] or [color=#333333]quality;[/color] [color=#333333]unending[/color] [color=#333333]life.[/color]
enduring fame.

[b][i]Origin: [/i][/b]1300–50; Middle English immortalite < [color=#333333]Latin[/color] immortālitās. See [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/immortal"]immortal[/url], [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/-ity"]-ity[/url]

From the Dictionary so yeah . . . tell me again it means no natural death (B |)
[/quote]
Oh? Really? 'Cause I checked, too, and looked it up.

IT means not giving in to death and decay. AKA Natural deaths not caused by weapons.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1319768089' post='5604093']
Oh? Really? 'Cause I checked, too, and looked it up.

IT means not giving in to death and decay. AKA Natural deaths not caused by weapons.
[/quote]I haven't been here in a while.

Oh, I made 3 copies of your Avi. 2 more and they shall be up by tomorrow.

[color=#000000][font=Georgia][size=5]
World English Dictionary[/size][/font][/color] [b][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]immortal[/size][/font][/color][/b] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3](ɪˈmɔːt[/size][/font][/color][sup][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]ə[/size][/font][/color][/sup][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]l)[/size][/font][/color] [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html"][img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif[/img][/url] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]—[/size][/font][/color][b][i][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adj[/size][/font][/color][/i][/b] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]1.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]not[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]subject[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]to[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]death[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]or[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]decay;[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]having[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]perpetual[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]life[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]2.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]having[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]everlasting[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]fame;[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]remembered[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]throughout[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]time[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]3.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]everlasting;[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]perpetual;[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]constant[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]4.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]of[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]or[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]relating[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]to[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]immortal[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]beings[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]or[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]concepts[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]—[/size][/font][/color][b][i][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]n[/size][/font][/color][/i][/b] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]5.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]an[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]immortal[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]being[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]6.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]([/size][/font][/color][i][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]often[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]plural[/size][/font][/color][/i][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3])[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]a[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]person[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]who[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]is[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]remembered[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]enduringly,[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]esp[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]an[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]author:[/size][/font][/color] [i][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Dante[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]is[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]one[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]of[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]the[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]immortals[/size][/font][/color][/i]

[quote name='Daemon' timestamp='1319768227' post='5604097']
I haven't been here in a while.

Oh, I made 3 copies of your Avi. 2 more and they shall be up by tomorrow.
[/quote]
KK, thanks ^^

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1319768738' post='5604114']

[color=#000000][font=Georgia][size=5]World English Dictionary[/size][/font][/color] [b][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]immortal[/size][/font][/color][/b] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3](ɪˈmɔːt[/size][/font][/color][sup][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]ə[/size][/font][/color][/sup][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]l)[/size][/font][/color] [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html"][img]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif[/img][/url] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]—[/size][/font][/color][b][i][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]adj[/size][/font][/color][/i][/b] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]1.[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]not[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]subject[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]to[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]death[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]or[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]decay;[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]having[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]perpetual[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]life[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]2.[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]having[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]everlasting[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]fame;[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]remembered[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]throughout[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]time[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]3.[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]everlasting;[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]perpetual;[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]constant[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]4.[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]of[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]or[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]relating[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]to[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]immortal[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]beings[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]or[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]concepts[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]—[/size][/font][/color][b][i][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]n[/size][/font][/color][/i][/b] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]5.[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]an[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]immortal[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]being[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]6.[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]([/size][/font][/color][i][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]often[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]plural[/size][/font][/color][/i][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3])[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]a[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]person[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]who[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]is[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]remembered[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]enduringly,[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]esp[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]an[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]author:[/size][/font][/color] [i][color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Dante[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]is[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]one[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]of[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]the[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]immortals[/size][/font][/color][/i]
[/quote]

*shrugs*

Well that being placed just means what I've been stating all along, in some fashion.

There are two meanings and it is up to the person reading to decide which he thinks is the one really being used. Though people generally [i]do[/i] associate immortality with not being able to die period.

Immortality is something that goes back to the beginning of time, but the best example of human's attaining it is Alchemy.

In Alchemy, the Elixir of Life was the chaff from when a Philosopher's stone was made. The Elixir would grant it's user immortality- In the form of resistance to sickness and age.

Invincibility is inability to die by man's hand.

A. The fact that Madara was resurrected means that he must have died

He had EMS

???

B. If one is being immortal means being able to defy death and decay, does that not include being killed

Killed -> form of Death

Immortal -> Defy Death

Just like Hidan was [i]immortal [/i] but not [i]invincible[/i] because he still lost to Shikamaru.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1319855989' post='5605492']
Yeah I heard Kishi mentioned Hidan was slowly dying from starvation in that pit or something, so we won't be seeing him with the Edo Tensei.
Come to think of it, the revived Akatsuki didn't end up doing much, did they...
[/quote]
Did Kakuzu ever actually lose? I think he's still around. And Itachi, too.

I wish they'd revive Kisame ;~;

[quote name='Remo S. Valentine' timestamp='1319856112' post='5605497']
No offense

Imperfect Invincibility? That doesn't make any sense.

According to Narutopedia, he was granted Immortality by Jashin
[/quote]
He's invincible, yes, but he can still be chopped up and harmed. Someone truly invincible won't succumb to attacks.

And immortality as in he'll never age/die unless killed, but it also came with an imperfect sense of invincibility.

Archived