~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

I don't know much about Astro Boy aside from him being a robot with rocket legs .-.
...is there anything more to know besides that?

Bleach I guess has the best art, but Kishimoto's art is best now than before, to me that is.
Another thing that makes art good is when it becomes instantly identifiable (unless it's universally recognized as bad), usually meaning it takes its own unique form.
When it becomes a style, I'd say the art's worthy of being commended.
inb4obviouscounterexample

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about the fact Astro Boy was the FIRST EVER anime?

And, it was a masterpiece. >_>

Seriously, Ozamu Tezuka is called the God of Anime for a reason. (I've heard him called that even in interviews)

He's not just a robot with rocket feet, he's like...Pinnochio + XJ9 (Jenny) done right and turned into anime.

Also, that is true, most long-running manga develop their own style, that is identifiable. DBZ, Negima, Hayate, Naruto, Bleach, etc.

[quote name='Hayate Ayasaki' timestamp='1298848944' post='5039589']
How about the fact Astro Boy was the FIRST EVER anime?

And, it was a masterpiece. >_>

Seriously, Ozamu Tezuka is called the God of Anime for a reason. (I've heard him called that even in interviews)

He's not just a robot with rocket feet, he's like...Pinnochio + XJ9 (Jenny) done right and turned into anime.

Also, that is true, most long-running manga develop their own style, that is identifiable. DBZ, Negima, Hayate, Naruto, Bleach, etc.
[/quote]
/fanboy

added that for you, and FYI Astro Boy wasn't the first Anime. It was the first good Humanoid Robot Anime.

Me either and that subject raises a question . . .

Why does the robot made by the human ALWAYS turn out good? I mean it doesn't make sense 8 |
They can't feel emotion and, thus, are inable to return it.

I'd personally have laughed my ass off if, when the doctor went to hug Astro Boy, the robot he JUST built tears his heart out >8D
On a side note, I've already got a personal character in SoP that will have that shorta background ^^

[quote name='Hayate Ayasaki' timestamp='1298931931' post='5041861']
OH GOD YES

Miyazaki is the King of anime movies.

I swear, Princess Mononoke was amazing.

And I heard [b]Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind[/b] was godly.

I need to watch them, there are so many ;_;
[/quote]

Let me put it this way: This movie was so godly, I've built RPs around it, Wrote FFs in that world, Watched the movie so many times it's fu*king nuts AND have placed it as #1 on my favorites list (Higher than Warcraft AND Code Geass, COMBINED).

This movie is a 11/10 on the Creator Scale.

Found it on Google.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8704790173215648057#
And DL, YOU MUST MAKE TIME FOR DEF AT SOME POINT THIS WEEK.
PEOPLE TEARED UP WITH THE SWELLING EMOTION.
IT'S STIRRING.
IT'S MADNESS.
IT'S 0>>>>0
I'm not kidding, some of the guys said they shed a tear...don't look at the comments there to see though, or else you'll be spoiled.

[spoiler=Also, meh chibi]
[img]http://www.bishibooru.com/_images/2ea45eb3f6ae16d520c9923807ef89cc/23119%20-%20black_hair%20blush%20broly%20bunny_ears%20carrot%20chibi%20dbz%20dragonball_z%20food%20goku%20green_hair%20miniboy.png[/img][/spoiler]

Too late, I fixed it >=D
Anyways..I'm having trouble with this stupid English debate.
I'm supposed to debate over the issue whether media violence causes people to commit acts of violence like robbery or vandalism.
I'm on the side saying it's not, but I'm having trouble finding stats or statistics that help support my case. He wants us to cite sources as we speak tomorrow, though 1 or 2 should suffice.
Hate English sometimes T__T

[quote name='Hayate Ayasaki' timestamp='1298939081' post='5042343']
And this is where friends jump in.

http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6445707.html

http://www.ac-ranger.com/2.6711/media-violence-good-for-kids-1.978351

Hope they help
[/quote]

I love you. [size="1"]No homo.[/size]
Hence the 2+ reps.

xD

They were like the first two links, there were like 4, but...one of them was not about violence O.o

It was about a kid's show. That one with the grown men in jumpsuits that randomly break into song.

And thank you, thanks to that I am once again ahead of you xD

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1298940466' post='5042438']
Okay, good enough. I was only expecting DL and Black to say they teared up, so hearing that from even 1 other person satisfied me xD

I'll go look, though I don't know if it'd be a credible source for my AP English teacher..
[/quote]

Dammit, DL, I blame you for the above post >_>

Archived