a stupid article i found on how yugioh is satan

[spoiler=read if you dare]I’d like to start by saying that I am writing this because I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I want to serve, honor, and glorify Him. This article is not about "religion", it is about helping people to escape Satan's deceptions and trust the Lord Jesus Christ, who wants to be their personal Saviour. I believe the Bible is God's preserved, inerrant, and infallible word and it is the sole authority for all mankind to live by for it shows us that we are sinners (The 10 commandments show us that). It shows us how only Jesus who is God come in the flesh can save us.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

It teaches us how to live holy and godly lives. Most importantly the Bible is intended to help people come to know the Lord as their personal Savior from sin and hell. I am not making up what is in this article, I am basing it on God's Word and not my own thoughts or opinions. I want to warn people about the satanic deception and influence that can be subtly introduced into a person's life by playing the game. Satan is a very cunning deceiver,

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." (I Peter 5:8)

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light...." (II Corinthians 11:14)

He uses the occult to ensnare the minds of people, and he works to introduce people to the occult by using supposedly "innocent" games like Yu Gi Oh. This article is not intended to be a personal attack upon anyone reading it, but instead to simply show the dangers of the occult and how Yu Gi Oh relates to it. I hope that you will find this article helpful and informative, and I pray that this will be a blessing to you.

The answer to the question above, my friend, is the devil (satan), who uses his demonic power to blind the minds of children and adults nationwide to the dangers of Yu-Gi-Oh. Yu-Gi-Oh is an occult oriented game and anything of the occult is dangerous. You say, “that is ridiculous! Yu-Gi-Oh is just kids stuff, a card game, a cartoon!” That is exactly what Satan wants you to believe.

Satan wants to do everything contrary to God and his word (The Bible). He has counterfeits to everything God has and will often add a lot of truth with his lies to deceive people. Satan himself is the father of sin. 1 John 3:8 says,

“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”

Jesus is God come in the flesh to destroy the works of the devil. Jesus says in John 8:44,

“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

Anything of the occult is a dangerous tool of the devil to keep people away from God and his word. Yu-Gi-Oh may appear fun and innocent. But, is it really fun and clean?

Satan works in people’s minds in many cunning and deceptive ways. He knows children’s minds are young and impressionable and can be lured easily into many of his evil traps. He tries to reel people in with the small occult oriented subjects first, and then moves on to the heavier subjects later. He’ll put things like promotion of friendship, etc. into these occult oriented subjects such as Yu-Gi-Oh so that people overlook or misunderstand that aspect of it.

For example, take the MAGIC Trading Card game. When a friend I know was in college, he told me he saw people playing that game all the time, and the things in it looked and were really demonic, and the people who played it were acting very abnormally. It just seemed like they were being changed or dominated by something. But we need to understand that these people didn't get into Magic and get that way right off the bat. They had a whole series of occult oriented games etc. (i.e Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon) that they played before which led up to their involvement in Magic, AD&D, Shadowrun, Etc. The occult goes even deeper than just role-playing card games and cartoons. There are deeper things of the occult such as spiritism, witchcraft, fortune telling, demons, ghost, goblins, vampires, and much more. All of this begins from “little” things such as Yu-Gi-Oh.

If you don't believe that Yu-Gi-Oh is really occultic, that I'm just overreacting and reading more into the game than I should, then read the text below, which comes straight from the official Yu-Gi-Oh website:

"Meet Yugi, and his best buds, Joey, Tristan, and Téa. They share a love for the newest game that's sweeping the nation: Duel Monsters!

Duel Monsters is a card-battling game in which players pit different mystical creatures against one another in wild, magical duels! Packed with awesome monsters and mighty spell-cards, Yugi and his friends are totally obsessed with the game.

But there's more to this card game than meets the eye!

Legend has it five thousand years ago, ancient Egyptian Pharaoahs used to play a magical game very similar to Duel Monsters. This ancient game involved magical ceremonies, which were used to foresee the future and ultimately, decide one's destiny. They called it the Shadow Game, and the main difference back then was that the monsters were all real! With so many magical spells and ferocious creatures on the earth, it wasn't long before the game got out of hand and threatened to destroy the entire world! Fortunately, a brave Pharaoh stepped in and averted this cataclysm with the help of seven powerful magical totems.

Now, in present times, the game has been revived in the form of playing cards.

Meanwhile, Yugi's grandfather gives Yugi an old Egyptian puzzle that no one can solve, but when Yugi finally pieces the puzzle together, his life is forever changed. The puzzle instills Yugi with incredible powers, and ultimately creates his alter ego, Yami Yugi!

Soon after, the mysterious creator of the Duel Monsters card game, Maximillion Pegasus, kidnaps Yugi's grandfather and Yugi is drawn into a Duel Monster's competition that Pegasus arranged. Now Yugi must duel his way through a tournament and defeat Pegasus in order to save his grandfather.

How will Yugi do it? Will the help of his friends, his belief in the heart of the cards, and the mysterious power of his magical Millennium Puzzle be enough?

Giant monsters! Powerful magic! And ancient Egyptian legends! Yu-Gi-Oh! King of Games! is one action-packed adventure series that holds all the cards! It's your move.

Egyptian Pharaohs playing magical games, casting spells, and summoning giant monsters. This should certainly sound occultic by any reasonable definition of the word. And Yugi and his buddies are obsessed with this game, just like the makers of Yu-Gi-Oh want YOU or YOUR CHILD to be, too.

Yu-Gi-Oh has rapidly captured the minds of many of all ages all over the country. It is everywhere...video games, cartoon shows on TV, movies, comic books, toys, clothing, VHS videos, DVDs, and the wildly popular collector card game. Kazuki Takahashi created Yu-Gi-Oh in 1996. It is the story of Yugi Mutou who is given an ancient Egyptian puzzle, which he puts together. This Millennium Puzzle has a secondary personality buried deep within it that comes out whenever Yugi needs to play a game - usually when he is in trouble. This is when the personality comes out and requests playing a game. When he unlocks the secret to this puzzle, Yugi unexpectedly receives a powerful alter ego that will help him defend the world. The TV series is in many volumes called “The Manga”, and some portray Yugi getting involved in games similar to Russian Roulette!. These portray the Occult in so many ways. There are even 3 “God” cards entitled Obelisk, Osiris, and Ra, which can be used to physically harm the opponent! Since Yu-gi-oh has these cards and themes about "ancient Egyptian puzzles bringing up spirits" and has references to calling upon pagan gods, that's demonic! The Bible tells us that paganism, with its false gods and idols and so forth, is satanic in its origin. Speaking of pagan idols (images of false gods), the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:20,

"But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to DEVILS, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils."

Now, the Yu-gi-oh cards which encourage (even if in the context of a game - how best to indoctrinate impressionable young minds?) calling on pagan gods, etc. are just promoting pagan worship and occultism. This sort of stuff is strongly connected with the occult. There is a book about the dangers of the occult and Satanism that tells about many scary things that people did, because their thinking had been INFLUENCED BY ROLE-PLAYING GAMES! There was a kid and his friend who actually murdered a girl as part of a ritual sacrifice to the ancient Babylonian god Arioch, a god they learned about through Dungeons and Dragons and had served in the game. There are numerous accounts of kids who got into deeper and very dangerous occult practices because they were primed for it by role-playing games.... Games which their parents and friends initially thought were innocent fun. A lot of kids back in the 1970s and 1980s killed themselves or others as a result of the demonic influence of role-playing games. As of 1989, role playing games, such as Dungeons and Dragons, were considered to be "significant factors" in at least 125 murders or suicides worldwide1.

We must realize that people's thinking is influenced by what we put into our minds. If I watch a bunch of violent stuff on TV, it will make me more predisposed to violence. There are studies which show this to be true. Similarly, if kids spend hours a day playing a game where they are encouraged to cast spells, use magic powers, call on demons or gods, and other stuff like they do in ALL these games, from Yu-Gi-Oh to AD&D, won't they be more open to occultic suggestion and the influence of demons? Certainly they will be! These games are dangerous fire that you would be very wise to avoid at all costs! The Bible says we should be...

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." (II Corinthians 10:5)

God has designed that a child’s young mind and character are to be developed by the principles of His Word (Ephesians 6:4). God wants his children to have a completely different focus. There is a battle going on in the minds of our children. In fact, Satan and his diabolical hordes want to corrupt the minds of children and adults as well! He loves using Yu-Gi-Oh, Harry Potter, Pokemon and more to blind the minds of Children to see their need to put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ, and serve him by obedience and faith in the Word of God. One of the problems is that Satan is getting the upper hand because people are oblivious to the tactics Satan is using to pollute our minds. Satan, through his human helpers, uses subtle, deceptive methods to advance his evil doctrines. So, how can we protect ourselves from this? We must measure Yu-Gi-Oh paraphernalia by the principles of the Bible to determine if it is acceptable. What does the Bible (God’s word) say about Yu-Gi-Oh? You have already read a few verses previously that should help you see the dangers of the occult. Remember that these are not my words, these are GOD’S.

Leviticus 20:6-7 - "And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God” (These things certainly relate to the occult. Wouldn’t they relate to Yu-Gi-Oh?)

I Thessalonians 5:21-22 - “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good”. “Abstain from all appearance of evil.” (Yu-Gi-Oh certainly has an appearance of evil.)

Philippians 4:8 - “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (These are where are thoughts should be directed, not towards the things of the occult.)

I Corinthians 10:31 - “…Whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” (Can you use Yu-Gi-Oh for the glory of God? Will it honor him? The occult certainly won’t honor and glorify God)

Romans 12:9 - “...Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.” (There certainly is evil represented in Yu-Gi-Oh. God tells us to abhor (HATE) that which is evil.)

These are only a few scriptures that refute Yu-Gi-Oh and the occult in general. If you know the Lord as Savior, Proverbs 3:5-6 teaches us to trust in God alone and seek His will in our lives and pray about it. Ask God if Yu-Gi-Oh should be in your life and the Spirit will lead you to do what is right. John 16:7-13 teaches us that the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. Is the Spirit leading you to Yu-Gi-Oh? Or, is it the flesh?

We should be controlling what goes into our minds, and not allowing occultic or occultic-like material to take over where Christ rightfully should be in control. Romans 12:2 says,

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God."

I John 2:15-17 says,

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever."

God wants us to keep ourselves from all the evil things the world wants to cloud and profane our minds with. He wants us to keep from occultism, paganism, satanism...AND the games which can start a person down the paths that might end up in those areas. They are of the world, and they are therefore NOT of the Father. They are against God and His will for your life. And as John said, the world and its system will pass away one day, but those who do the will of God will abide, or remain with Him for all eternity.

The most important aspect of God's will for your life, though, is to be SAVED from sin and hell. Something only Jesus can do! Salvation is God's desire for you. Salvation can be given to you if you repent of your sins, and ask God to forgive you through Jesus Christ, trusting on the gift of His shed blood and sacrifice on the cross for you, and in His resurrection from death, all of which He did for you! I encourage you to read these passages from the Bible book of Romans:

WHO IS GOOD?

ROMANS 3:10-12 “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”

WHO HAS SINNED?

ROMANS 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” The eternal cost of your sin."

ROMANS 6:23a “For the wages of sin is death;”

ROMANS 1:18a “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,”

NOTHING YOU DO CAN SAVE YOU

ROMANS 3:20a “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight:”

ROMANS 3:27 “Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.”

GOD’S LOVE HAS MADE A WAY

ROMANS 5:8-9 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.”

YOU MUST PLACE YOUR “COMPLETE” FAITH IN CHRIST

ROMANS 3:22 “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:”

ROMANS 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

ROMANS 3:28 “Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.”

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST ALONE CAN SAVE YOU…

ROMANS 4:21 “And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.”

…THEN PRAY AND ASK HIM.

ROMANS 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

ROMANS 10:11 “For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.”

My friend, if you are not already saved, Jesus wants to save YOU from sin and hell. Jesus shed his blood for YOU. He was beaten and wounded for YOU! His hands, feet, and side were pierced for YOU! He died on that cross of shame for he loved YOU so much! He was buried and rose again that ALL who trust in him could live (John 17:1 to 20:31). God gave us his word to show us we are sinners and that we need to be saved from sin and hell. No one can force you to trust in Christ. No works, church, or religion can save you. Only Jesus Christ can save you from sin by grace through faith in Him alone. Jesus is the joy of living. Without him we are nothing. Trust Christ before it is eternally too late (Hebrews 2:3). You will die someday. Where will you be? Please trust Jesus as your Savior today. He is at your heart’s door knocking this moment. Will you let him in? Your time on earth is short, but your decision for Christ lasts for eternity. Why not pray, meaning it with all your heart, and ask Him to save you today?

Isn't it worth considering at least, since the destiny of your eternal soul rides in the balance? Please at least consider what I'm saying here, which I say out of genuine concern and care for you, which God commands us to have one for another.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, please e-mail me and let me know. I'd like to pray for you, and help you out in any other way I can.

Archived