Exarion Cyber Universe

I saw this image in Jazin Kay's archicve and it reminded me of 'Exarion Universe'. I have a Japanese Exarion, which when I got I thought 'Wow! This thing looks the business!' but since discovering what it actually did... left me quite disappointed. :( So as updates seem to be all the rage at this time:

[img]http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/2804/258150.jpg[/img]

Lore: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 'Exarion Universe' you control. When this card battles a Defence Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, during the Damage Step you can reduce this card's ATK by 400 to inflict the difference as Battle Damage. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, return 1 card in your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck.

I'm not to aware of exarion's effect, but this is a nice card, pic and name are good, OCG seems solid, wouldn't mind a tad bit more of originality, however i don't now exarion's effect and you're probably limited to continuing the effect of Exarion except more powerful so originality may not need to be brought up. Overall a well made card 8/10 :)

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080823024928/yugioh/images/thumb/c/c8/ExarionUniverseDR04-EN-ScR-UE.png/248px-ExarionUniverseDR04-EN-ScR-UE.png[/img]
Nice pic found this card's evolution. "When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, return 1 card in your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck." is kinda unique to begin with, and I might suggest you to keep the effect of Exarion Universe effect of decreasing it's ATK to have piercing effect as i feel that it looks better and balance. As for monster type wise you might want to stick with Beast-warrior as normally evolved monsters would stick with their previous type and effect with a boost to it.

I might suggest you to add more Summoning conditions to make this card to have a better card effect too. Overall, I give you 8.5/10 <- Goes by feeling and do come CnC my cards too =D

Both points I considered, but it is clearly metal. Maybe I should make it a 'Metalmorph' based evolution?

As for the ATK decrease, I really don't want to do it, but I think you're probably right that I should. 'Saber Beetle' is a Piercer with the same Lv and ATK, but it doesn't have the bonus effect. (This reminds me I got the ATK and DEF the wrong way round anyway).

Edited version up, changed to Beast-Warrior, but it still looks to Machine like. Do you all think I should run with the Metalmorph idea?

Archived