YCM Anime Awards

Jord200

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1288212548' post='4742704']
Its time to begin. We have 54 differnent anime. We will begin with one of the larger categories. Action.
[/quote]

So, what happens? Is everyone supposed to vote or something? Are you in the process of editing the first post? I don't really see what's supposed to happen now...

Actually I had planned on doing from the start. I've just been busy getting ready a test on monday, infatc the 2nd poll will be up shortly.

EDIT- sorry, dinner took longer than I thought. Here's the link to R1 of Slice of Life. I included links with some information on the anime. http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/227033-ycm-anime-awards-slice-of-life-genre-r1/

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1287855961' post='4728993']
added. um..... sorry, Owen, I can't put that last one in. I never intentended for this include hentai anime. sorry. ecchi is allowed however.
[/quote]
Dude, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is NOT a hentai. Like I said it's a story about two fallen angels who are trying to get back to heaven by eliminating ghosts. There's some F-bombs and a transformation scene that looks like something from a gentleman's club but they look like Chibi's sometimes.

Here's some info:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11605

Also if you did have a hentai I would pick one of my favorites, hot yet fun at the same time. Bust to Bust.

Panty and Stocking is Action with a bit of comedy. Put it in the comedy category, if you please. After Ecchi, put in the Horror Genre, then Fan-service. I wanna save Comedy for last. Did anyone request Hecksing for horror? Let me know.

Could you please be clearer about the allowed amount of votes per user per category? For example, in the Ecchi category that's currently running, you had it set up to allow multi-votes, but everyone only voted one because it was small - except for you. Without your extra vote, there would either currently be a three-way tie or Love Hina would be behind.

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1288786805' post='4758856']
understood, sorry about the mix up. and no, I don't belive anyone nominated that for horror.
[/quote]
You're forgiven.
And though I am not a fan of the horror Genre, I would like to nominate Hecksing for the Horror genre. Is it too late to do so?

well..... yes. However, horror needed a few more, and I have yet to make the horror poll, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add it. Infact, everyone can now nominate an 5 new anime, as long as they are not for Action, Slice of Life, or Ecchi since those are the 3 I've done so far.

EDIT- I'll get the opinion of someone else first. Since nobody has nominated any new anime since, let alone even posted here or in the current poll, I am anouncing that nominations are officaly over.

@Burnpsy, yes of course. Everyone is allowed vote up to five times. I'll start putting that in the polls imediantly.

• 4 weeks later...
A lot of people seem pretty sad that they didn't get to nominate anime for the awards. However, I only have about three genre left in round 1. So I thought I could let those who found out about the anime awards late to nominate four anime. I would put these in a B block and have the winners from the B block be put together with the anime from A block, and the awards would continue as orginally planned with new anime. I feel this also may be bring new voters. To speed up the B block, I would do two genre in one thread since you are allowed to have up to three polls per thread. The third poll would be for if a genre had more than 20 anime. In other words, you get to nominate 4 new anime that will join the awards. Thank you.

B-block anime

Azumanga Daioh- Comedy/Slice of Life
Neon Genesis Evangelion- Mecha
K-on!- Slice of Life/Comedy
D.Gray Man- Supernaturial
Ikki Tousen- Ecchi/Harem/Action
Bamboo Blade- Comedy/Action
Big O- Action/Mecha
Chi's Sweet Home- Slice of Life/Comedy
Lupin the III- Adventure/Comedy
Fist of the North Star- Action
Saikano- Drama/Romance
Yu Yu Hakusho- Action/Supernaturial

You know, you could have easily posted up all genres at the same time for round 1 and we would probably be finished with this already. That would probably be a better course of action if you ever get around to doing manga awards (which, if you will be doing that, I suggest you get the nomination thread up as early as right now so that we don't have to wait for those who didn't catch wind of it).

I guess you have a point. I never really thought about that. I do plan to do a manga awards. I'll get started on the thread imediantly, however, I don't know if I'll be able to manage everything alone. What do you say Burnpsy, mind helping me out with the manga awards?

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1291253643' post='4823423']
I guess you have a point. I never really thought about that. I do plan to do a manga awards. I'll get started on the thread imediantly, however, I don't know if I'll be able to manage everything alone. What do you say Burnpsy, mind helping me out with the manga awards?
[/quote]

...Fine. I have tons of spare time anyways. Just send me a PM saying what exactly you need me to do.

Thank you, I could use a little help. I'll be on YCM a lot less for while. My mom says I only have 30 minutes of computer a day until I get rid of the D I have in English. I'll hopefully have 2 new polls up tommorrow. I will know have all the polls on the same thread. I'll need your help to check in on the poll. If I'm stuck in this situation for more than a week, I'll record the results ( or I'll need you to do it, if I'm in a pickle. ) and have a mod delete the current poll(s) and prepare the next. I beleive we only have 3 or 4 categories left in R1. I should be long done with R1 by now though..... I thank you for your help, and as I told Burnpsy, I'm willing to pay you for your help.

Archived