Dubs Vs Subs

Dub or Sub?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer, subs or dubs?

• I only watch dubs
    • I prefer to watch dubs
    • I don't have a particular preference
    • I prefer to watch subs
    • I only wach subs

Dubs aren't the Devil, guys.

I've heard some really good dubbing before, some even better than their subbed counterparts (eg. Code Geass, Samurai Champloo, Air Gear).

I'd say dubs and subs are pretty equal in quality of a voice. There are anime series with horrible subs, and anime series with horrible dubs. Do we come across the horrible dubs more than the subs? Yes. But just for reference, dubs have their glory on other series too.

However, I do prefer to watch subs, just because I love listening to Japanese.

Dubs aren't the Devil, guys.

I've heard some really good dubbing before, some even better than their subbed counterparts (eg. Code Geass, Samurai Champloo, Air Gear).

I'd say dubs and subs are pretty equal in quality of a voice. There are anime series with horrible subs, and anime series with horrible dubs. Do we come across the horrible dubs more than the subs? Yes. But just for reference, dubs have their glory on other series too.

However, I do prefer to watch subs, just because I love listening to Japanese.

Oh god I LOVED Samurai Champloo's dubbing <3

I prefer dub. I only watch subs when the company didn't finish dubbing the anime like the second season of Kodocha. I did watched season zero of Yugioh even though it's sub because it's Yugioh. It's like reading a book with moving pictures and too much pausing when I miss something. I don't care how the voice sounds like in the dubs, it's still English and shows are meant to be watched, not read. I just finished watching Yugioh GX episode 155 and the rest is not dubbed.

I must say that very few dubs are as bad as people say they are. For instance, even though people rant about changed dialogue, only 4kids intentionally changes dialogue(apart from tv edits) and the same goes for censorship.

However, the only dub that I don't think is all that good that a lot of people do, is InuYasha. It's not so much that the voice cast is bad, but the voice acting isn't that great. Know what I mean?

I prefer to watch dubbs mainly because you can pay full atention to what is going on instead of having to read everything they are saying.

And, The dubb often makes the characters seem much more believable by adding accents if the character is from another country.

However, If the dubb is realy bad or I just can´t wait for them to continue dubbing, I tend to swith to subbs and never switch back.

I have seen atleast two series where I think the dubb completely outshines the original, Code Geass and Hellsing OVA.

I think what he is saying "He understands what the hell is going on in Subbed anime than Dubbed anime" or something like that

I know, but I just don't see how you would find it easier to understand subbed. Unless of course, you are forced to keep the volume down and can't properly hear it.

• 1 month later...

Archived