Dubs Vs Subs

Dub or Sub?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer, subs or dubs?

• I only watch dubs
    • I prefer to watch dubs
    • I don't have a particular preference
    • I prefer to watch subs
    • I only wach subs

Guest .:Overdrive:.

Voted for "I prefer to watch subs".

I don't like the 4Kids edits. Especially hate GX 4Kids dubs. Subs are more interesting and original...

I prefer subs most of the time. It's just more... accurate. More true to the original. If done right of course. The occasional good dub is so rare that I don't even bother looking for it, whether it's in English or German... some reading doesn't hurt after all ;)

I used to see Subs and im still seeing them. Actually, its really hard to find someone who is subbing various animes, so you have to watch RAW versions. Well, i couldn't really understand what they say in dubs, but i understand while reading subs. >___>

I vote for "I only watch subs.".

Generally I'll watch the subs, and then the dub if there is one and I can be bothered. I think the only things I've seen the dub for first are GX and 5D's, where I switched to the sub when the dub ran out, and Haruhi Suzumiya, which I just came across the dub first. I've only seen the dub for (parts of) Pokemon, Digimon and Death Note, the first two because it was on TV when they were popular, and the latter because I didn't feel like watching the subbed one that day. Oh, and Duel Monsters, because I watched it before the other two. Eveything else I've watched the sub first - I was halfway through Code Geass R2 before I even noticed there was a dub. I would prefer a dub, but not to a great degree - if there's both, and I realise it to begin with, and both are at the same point, I'll watch the dub, but I don't mind the sub, so I'd say I don't really have a preference.

I'll watch any dub (except 4Kids). I'll watch any good sub.

Usually I end up watching a season or two in dub, then find the next one(s) isn't dubbed, so I switch to sub. I like them both the same (except 4kids).

I can't choose a preference based on favorite voice actor, either, as both have awesome voice actors, my favorite dub is Christopher R. Sabat, and my favorite sub is torn between Narushi Ikeda and Norio Wakamoto.

Guest Tainted Black

I'll watch any dub (except 4Kids). I'll watch any good sub.

Usually I end up watching a season or two in dub, then find the next one(s) isn't dubbed, so I switch to sub. I like them both the same (except 4kids).

I can't choose a preference based on favorite voice actor, either, as both have awesome voice actors, my favorite dub is Christopher R. Sabat, and my favorite sub is torn between Narushi Ikeda and Norio Wakamoto.

This is pretty much me, but I generally prefer dubs. Not that I hate reading, as I love it, but it's easy to miss a lot of things that you see in the dub.

I say Dave Wittenberg and Vic Bderfiderf, for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer dubs. The only time I'll watch a sub is if a dub isn't available. I really do prefer listening to the dubs as well. It lets you do other things at the same time instead of having to read every line. Sometimes I think the dub's just a lot better. An example would be in Goku, especially in Dragonball Z. I don't care where you're from or what you're trying to symbolise. A guy's voice should never be as high pitched as the original japanese version. Finally, there's also that weird thing that comes with the language barrier sometimes. Occasionally, when you're not really paying attention, you can't get the emotions from a foreign language as well as you can with someone speaking hte same language.

I prefer to watch subs. About 90% of the time, the Japanese Seiyuu sounds so much better than the English voice actor. As an example, I like Youichi Hiruma's Seiyuu in Eyeshield 21, but in the dub, the voice actor is just annoying... O.-

And yes, I also like the subs more because it's more accurate, and sticks to the original script better.

If there's a dub, I'd watch it instead of the sub, unless the voice acting is REALLY bad. (Like

quality.)

But if it's only sub, I'd watch it until a dub comes out (if one doesn't I don't mind.)

But really, I find no problem with dub voice acting in general. There are a few anime, like Digimon (Joshua Seth FTW) and FMA (Vic Mognona FTW), where I really love the VA's over the original's.

Archived