Need some good animes to check out

I'm becoming a teenager soon and I want some good anime. NOT that crappy 4KIDS stuff where they sensor guns, blood, deaths, cleavage, and other stuff. I want something that is funny, and action or something like Lucky Star.

PS: What's Death Note like? I've wanted to see I just want to know what it is before I watch it.

-Keroro Gunso
-Darker than Black
-Naruto
-Dragon Ball Z
-Hoshi no Kaabii
-One Piece
-Death Note

And much more i cant remember.
And about Death Note, its all about Death, blood, etc. In school, someone named Kira or Light or whatever his name saw a book falls into the ground.... dont want to spoil more. =P

FMA Brotherhood is a great place to start for anime. After that One Piece would be a good watch if you have the time to sit though the +430 eps (but TBQH most large series like Bleach and Naruto are also up their in ep count being around 250 and 350 each.)

DBZ Kai would work since it's only going to run about 100 eps long. My one firend isn't an anime fan, but he love Gurren Lagann so that should be a sign that it's great.

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1284056245' post='4611415']
Isn't anyone else confused by the fact that the OP has apparently seen Lucky Star but has no idea what Death Note is like?
[/quote]

Indeed. Being familiar with one anime but not familiar with another is quite an alarming occurrence.

Anyway, I recommend Eden of the East, GaoGaiGar, Digimon, and Fairy Tail. Although for Fairy Tail, I recommend the manga. The anime goes way too fast and kind of tones down things like fanservice and violence. Plus the animation has a tendency to look worse than black and white still pages, which is sad.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1284056635' post='4611430']
FMA Brotherhood is a great place to start for anime. After that One Piece would be a good watch if you have the time to sit though the +430 eps (but TBQH most large series like Bleach and Naruto are also up their in ep count being around 250 and 350 each.)

DBZ Kai would work since it's only going to run about 100 eps long. My one firend isn't an anime fan, but he love Gurren Lagann so that should be a sign that it's great.
[/quote]
[b]THIS.[/b]

You may also want to check out Fairy Tail. Its new, so it wouldn't take long to catch up with the current plot. (I think its around 50 episodes at the moment.) It has action, comedy and great plot twists.

Well alot of good things were already said. Definetally check out Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann and Full Metal Alchemist and its variation, broterhood. I was surprised to see Chrome Shelled Regios. That's something I'd also recommend. That's basically my conformation on what I think is good.

Now for things that haven't been recommended yet. I'd say Tokyo Majin and Angel Beats. Especially Angel Beats. Do not dis the name, I was blown away by it.

Tip of the day: If you ever watch FMA, watch Brotherhood BEFORE the older one. If you watch the original FMA first, you will dunked into a realm of madness where nothing true, and [i]that[/i] will seem more real to you than Brotherhood. A horrible fate.

Hm. I'd recommend Code Geass, seeing as it's my favorite anime evar. I could think of more, but my mind's a bit fried. If you go to Funimation's website, they have literally hundreds of anime you can watch.

Archived