Why do these Characers exist?

Blake

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss Season 1 Jack. He was so freaking awesome. Now he's like a lamer Crow (Yeah, I went there). What was interesting about Jack (aside from his narcissism) was that he was actually a strategist - he thought three, four turns ahead to cut off his opponent. He didn't just bludgeon them with random monsters he made up just for one particular situation never to be seen again (Piece Golems notwithstanding).

What is he now? Well, aside from his sexual relationship with ramen, let's take a look at his most recent duels...Jack VS Team Taiyo(u). He dealt with Majin rather nicely in the first duel, rather than finding some way to get RDA's ATK to 10,000 or something. But that was all fixed in the second duel when the writers realized they need to cut the mini-arc short, so they decided he would kamikaze with Shockwave...and his opponent would gain Life Points to dodge it. Great. Real great. Saw right through that one, huh?

Crow just needs to stop getting new Blackwings and just focus on Zephyros FTK use his classic Synchros. How many times have we seen Silverwind? How many times has he used Vayu? That's right: once. Stop flooding us with crappy cards! Oroshi the Squall might just be an all-time low - it's even worse than Abroholos! Yeah, that's right. Oh yeah, and stop summoned Black Feathered Dragon - we know it's not the Fifth Dragon, you know it's not the Fifth Dragon, so stop pretending it's your ace card and stop pretending it has a playable effect.

Crow just needs to stop getting new Blackwings and just focus on Zephyros FTK use his classic Synchros. How many times have we seen Silverwind? How many times has he used Vayu? That's right: once. Stop flooding us with crappy cards! Oroshi the Squall might just be an all-time low - it's even worse than Abroholos! Yeah, that's right. Oh yeah, and stop summoned Black Feathered Dragon - we know it's not the Fifth Dragon, you know it's not the Fifth Dragon, so stop pretending it's your ace card and stop pretending it has a playable effect.

above^ made my day +1 and amen

I miss Season 1 JACK too, they did a lot of development and the tag team duels just seems to be there for Yusei to play new cards, beat people, make everyone in his team look bad by having them losing (it feels to me like JACK is becoming a doormat....only differently to how Manjoume was one) all the time, giving Crow new monsters and making new Ubers. In fact I'm so fed up of the way JACK is treated lately, I haven't watched any of the team Taiyou duel, I don't understand of the point of being shown a new way to use his power by Crimson Devil's Servant if the only time he'll tap into it is when he'll go against probably the Tenors.

You got my dislike of Crow's reason on the nail. I think most of the cast have been sacrificed in terms of development.

I can understand why these characters shouldn't be made. But hell, think about it. Manga has so many styles and plots that writers can f*** up anything that they want. And if Bleach is about Ichigo becoming Satan, I wouldn't watch it. Although he is the King of H4X.

In 5D's they sacrificed the good characters just to promote shitty ass cards.

Crow needs to go back to using his ACTUALLY GOOD cards and using more of his Elite thingy card. (Less crappy new cards, more focusing on the older and better card, Zephyros is a exception since it's ACTUALLY GOOD!)

Jack needs to get more stronger and more badass cards that should completely decimate his Opponent's defense, has piercing, and a built in negating effect or something. (Seriously, stop making him addicted to cup ramen. What? Did the cup ramen company spike all their products with crack or something? Another thing is that he needs a less ridiculous outfit and a more better deck and start using his new badass card.)

Yusei needs less screen time. (Seriously, sure he's the main character but we can surely go a episode without him?)

Aki needs more better cards, a upgrade on her dragon, and a tighter and more revealing outfit. (Along with more cleavage!)

Lua needs a upgrade, we never see her duel (or in any cute outfits....), needs more development on her connection to the Spirit World, and needs more screen time. Also, be promoted from cheerleader to actually dueling. (Seriously, it's been how long since we've last seen her duel?)

Luka needs a massive upgrade. His Morphatronic deck needs a major overhaul. He needs more synchros and faster cards. They could at least give him Machiner cards to promote them and to make his deck WAY faster and better. Not to mention give him that one dragon that was shown and never explained. (Plus, he needs a upgrade from a fanboy of the team to actually dueling. Seriously, same as Lua, when was the last time we've seen him duel?)

Bruno needs nothing since his deck is great and knows what to do. (But it would be nice to learn more about him and to see if he has any other deck.)

Sherry needs more then 2 goods cards. (Sure she's gone for now, but seriously, she has a badass synchro and Konami is not gonna expand on that?)

Also, what happened to the others from the 1st season?

Rally needs to at least make appearance along with his friends. I know they didn't die. (Serious, did they disappear or something? Or is Jack, Crow, and Yusei are just being dicks thinking now that they've got it made, that they could forget old friends?)

In 5D's they sacrificed the good characters just to promote shitty ass cards.

Crow needs to go back to using his ACTUALLY GOOD cards and using more of his Elite thingy card. (Less crappy new cards, more focusing on the older and better card, Zephyros is a exception since it's ACTUALLY GOOD!)

Jack needs to get more stronger and more badass cards that should completely decimate his Opponent's defense, has piercing, and a built in negating effect or something. (Seriously, stop making him addicted to cup ramen. What? Did the cup ramen company spike all their products with crack or something? Another thing is that he needs a less ridiculous outfit and a more better deck and start using his new badass card.)

Yusei needs less screen time. (Seriously, sure he's the main character but we can surely go a episode without him?)

Aki needs more better cards, a upgrade on her dragon, and a tighter and more revealing outfit. (Along with more cleavage!)

Lua needs a upgrade, we never see her duel (or in any cute outfits....), needs more development on her connection to the Spirit World, and needs more screen time. Also, be promoted from cheerleader to actually dueling. (Seriously, it's been how long since we've last seen her duel?)

Luka needs a massive upgrade. His Morphatronic deck needs a major overhaul. He needs more synchros and faster cards. They could at least give him Machiner cards to promote them and to make his deck WAY faster and better. Not to mention give him that one dragon that was shown and never explained. (Plus, he needs a upgrade from a fanboy of the team to actually dueling. Seriously, same as Lua, when was the last time we've seen him duel?)

Bruno needs nothing since his deck is great and knows what to do. (But it would be nice to learn more about him and to see if he has any other deck.)

Sherry needs more then 2 goods cards. (Sure she's gone for now, but seriously, she has a badass synchro and Konami is not gonna expand on that?)

Also, what happened to the others from the 1st season?

Rally needs to at least make appearance along with his friends. I know they didn't die. (Serious, did they disappear or something? Or is Jack, Crow, and Yusei are just being dicks thinking now that they've got it made, that they could forget old friends?)

Jack is just an Austarlian let it go.

The whole thing with Ramen goes back to his childhood days. I like JACK's outfit it shows he really didn't belong in Satellite.

You got Rua and Ruka mixed up....they last dueled against Luciano, and ONCE again showed the others things can be done (First time defeating a Dark Signer, and the second time getting a Synchro back from the Machine Emperors), if it ends up being Team 5Ds Vs Team New World....there was no point to anything. I think they did enough on her connection to the spirit world (a revisit might be nice actually), but yea the last time she dueled was the last time Rua dueled, where he lost and she was trashed not long after. (Shows that they're dependent on each other, so essentially together they are the claw.)

The forgetting about Blitz, Taka, Nerve and Rally was rather annoying they seemed to be ditched in favour Crow.

Cake you mean the dub...in the Japanese version he's Japanese, like the majority of the cast in the entirety of YGO, I think in fact 5Ds might have the smallest non Japanese cast of all the series bar Season 0.

JACK and Kaiba do have very similar designs, but there not the same in character, JACK has a more open heart that Kaiba. Kaiba also played with less restriction, and didn't have to take a back seat to anyone other than Yugi/Yami even then he wasn't always there, unlike JACK who lately is ALWAYS there.

Aki's become a pointless character.

I see JACK as even more of a doormat than Manjoume and Yusei as even more of a Canon Sue than Judai, and yet the story seems to be focusing on them and Crow's battle against the Tenors. Aki and twins' involvement with Duel Academy wasn't really explored that much, which is sad because I want to see more of Sly the one thing the three had going for them was dropped for an achingly long tournament arc. I really don't mind that we don't see Rally and the others anymore, but I wish Yusei would at least mention them, just once.

Chu-Chu, Anthy's pet monkey from Revolutionary Girl Utena. I don't mean this in the sense that this topic intends - "THIS CHARACTER SUCKS IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN MADE" - but more literally - I legitimately wonder what the author's intent was in including Chu-Chu in the series.

OT: I hate teh character Shinji from neon evangelion.

Then you weren't the sort of person who should ever have watched Evangelion in the first place. Go back to watching your flashy super-duper robot series with big exploding explosions where everyone has so much testosterone pouring out of their eyes that it solidifies into sunglasses.

*switching to rant on Orihime*

Why the f*** she want to fight?

I just finished watching some episodes of Bleach, and why the f*** she want to fight huh?

She doesn't have what it takes to finish off someone, yet she says "I want to fight!" even though all she's good for is defense and healing.

I don't know? Ask Tite Kubo. He's the idiot who wrote the dialogue

Archived