Akatsuki of YCM: Rising Dawn

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And meanwhile I have the ENEM.

Oh god....

It's the dreading fear in all student's hearts o.o

Also, Fusion, not hard to write a duel, since most can be taken from experience, or made up on the go, but it DOES involve SOME amount of planning, and definitely time for longer duels.

< implies he cannot view cards. ; ^ ;

@Fusion - An original story.

because technically YCM isn't a series.

You're just basing it off of YCM members, and YCM.

Also, here's the first chapter. My VERY FIRST fanfic attempt.

[spoiler= :P]

“Yes. I suppose there’s no other strong enough to oppose us. Just to make sure, remember the plan.” answered a voice from behind a chair.

“Of course. The Shadow City tournament is beginning, just as you ordered.”

“Excellent…”

The chair turned and sitting on it was a teenager with spiky black hair with a silver strand falling on his forehead.

“Hey, Karin, wake up, were gonna be late!” said a young voice

“Huh? For what?” answered Karin from her bed as she rubbed her eye.

A boy who looked to be thirteen or so entered the girl’s room.

“Where do you think? The new duel monsters tournament. Registration ends in half an hour!” the boy said, his blue hair sticking upward.

Karin pulled her covers up to her chin.

“What’s wrong with you? I’ve told you a dozen times to not go into my room before I change!” Karin said, a fierce look in her eyes.

“Well, I just didn’t think people were still sleeping at eleven in the morning. Well, now that you’re up, just get changed and well go.”

“See this?” Karin said while pointing at her hair.

Strands of her golden hair were sticking out in odd angles while others fell down toward her face.

“Your point?” the boy asked, scratching his head.

“My point is that I’m not going with this hair. I need to brush my hair, wash my face, change my clothes, not to mention I have to get my deck.”

The boy stepped into the room, went to the sink, grabbed a hairbrush with his left hand, and wet his right hand. He then quickly walked toward the girl, began to rub her face rapidly with his wet hand, then switched the hairbrush from his left hand to his right and with a few quick motions, he made her hair smooth.

“There, now we can go.” said the boy while walking toward her deck case.

“Why did you do that? Now my face is all wet! It wouldn’t have killed you to wait a few minutes, Kai.”

“Yes, it would have, because if I miss that tournament I’ll practically die. Now here’s your deck.” he said as he tossed her a small box of cards.

Kai then washed over to the sink, placed the hairbrush on the side and grabbed a hand towel. He tossed the hand towel to Karin.

“Now you have nothing to complain about. Let’s get going. I’d like to get there before next year if possible.”

Karin rubbed her face with the towel, then opened the small box. Inside were forty cards, each in perfect condition.

“I just have to make sure my synchros are…” she began to say

“That’s it, I’m leaving without you.”

“Fine, fine, I’m coming.”

Karin hurried out of the room to catch up to Kai. They walked out of the house and Kai began to walk down the street. After turning a corner, they could see a poster the size of a house that had a picture with three duelists.

“It’s Joey Wheeler and Seto Kaiba!” Kai exclaimed.

“Not to mention Yugi! He’s so handsome…” Karin said, her eyes shining.

Kai was about to say something, but they heard an explosion and saw smoke. They ran closer to find out what it was. When they got there, they saw a guy with short black hair in a suit. He had a duel disk and was facing a kid with shoulder-length green hair and closed eyes who also held a duel disk.

“Now that your Hedge Guard is out of the way, I attack your life points directly with my Red Eyes Metal Dragon.!”

“No way! I activate Defense Draw! So I take no damage from your attack and I get to draw a card!”

“Alright, I play a card face-down and end my turn.” the man in the suit said.

“I draw. Now I activate Overdoom Line.”

A face-down card on the boy’s side of the field flipped face-up to reveal a trap card.

“That’s not all. Now I activate Miracle Fertilizer from my hand, and I use its effect to special summon Gigaplant from my graveyard. It’s just at 2400 attack points, but with the effect of Overdoom Line, it gains an extra 1000. Here I go, I summon Gigaplant again, activating its Gemini effect. I can Special Summon one plant type monster from my hand or graveyard. So now I special summon Cactus Fighter from my graveyard. Gigaplant, attack his Red Eyes Metal Dragon!”

Gigaplant attacked the dragon and it soon vanished.

“You’re wide open! Cactus Fighter! Finish him off!”

“No way, kid. You’re the one who’s gonna lose. I activate Magic Cylinder to reflect the damage back at you.”

“Not gonna happen! I activate Seven Tools of the Bandit to negate Magic Cylinder at the cost of 1000 life points.”

Cactus Fighter hit the man in the suit, who groaned as the attack connected. Hit life point count dropped to zero.

“Congratulations. You pass. You’ve been accepted into the Shadow City Tournament.” the man in the suit said.

The kid with the green hair looked over to where Kai was standing and walked over.

“Hey, Kai, did you see? I won.” the kid said, with his eyes closed and a smile.

“Yeah, Yuki, me and Karin saw you, but why were you dueling that guy?”

“Didn’t you know? You have to duel one of the people is suits that are over there to be able to enter the tournament.”

”Oh. That makes sense, I guess. Come on, Karin, we need to duel them.”

Kai ran off to duel one of the men is suits.

[spoiler=:P 2]

“He’s as hasty as ever, huh?” Yuki asked, even though it was more of a statement.

“Yeah, he even went into my room this morning…”

“What? Don’t tell me you guys did… that?” Yuki said with a gasp, finally opening his eyes.

“Oh please. Like I would ever… with him? He’s just my next door neighbor, that’s all.”

“Hey, you guys know each other well, right?” Yuki asked, closing his eyes again.

“Yeah, we’ve known each other since we were little.”

“Which means you must know each other’s tactics pretty well.”

“Yeah, I guess you can say that…” Karin said, looking away.

“Good, because the first part of the tournament is a team round. Three people to a team, you go around and duel other teams. The teams that lose are eliminated.” Yuki said, looking at Kai, who was dueling one of the men is suits.

“Wait, what? So that means me, Kai, and someone else need to team up for team duels?”

“That’s the gist of it, yeah. I can join your team if you guys want.”

“Well, I’m okay, but knowing Kai, if he doesn’t want you in our team, you’re not getting in, and if he does want you, you have no choice but to join us.”

“Yeah, I guess so… he’s been that way ever since we first met. So, I have a question. If we do get together into a team, we need to decide who’s the strongest and who’s the weakest. That’s part of the tournament rules. they encourage duelists to order it into order by skill.”

“I see… well, I’m pretty sure I’m the weakest, and I know for a fact that Kai is...”

As Karin was finishing her sentence, Kai was walking back to them with a grin on his face.

“There, I won easily. Now let’s go. It’s your turn, right, Karin?”

“Actually, I forgot to tell you I had already been through the preliminaries yesterday. They were open, and I had my deck, so I decided to see if I had what it took to enter.”

“Well, that saves time. Now what do we do?”

“Now we form a team of three and beat other teams. It’s best two out of three. The team with the most wins gets to move on.” Yuki explained.

Kai, Yuki, and Karin headed out to find new teams to beat in the Shadow City Tournament.

Archived