Black★Rock Shooter

(possible spoilers ahead)

Okay, I just watched the OVA, and it was painful... Hold it, bad wording on my part. Watching the OVA was like... watching something really amazing, really, but the end just hurt me. Yuu's B★RS world character, the one with the massive arms, only got an intro, then never showed up, and B★GS appeared before the opening of the anime proper and then, if I was watching correctly, seems to plunge a sword through B★RS, yet didn't appear in the OVA at all! Not to mention that IB★RS, B★DG and B★M didn't show up at all. There's so much that's entirely undone right now. It really seems to be making it blunt that they'll be a sequel, although the OVA was still outstanding alone (Yuu's B★RS world bit should have been cut, IMO, it just made me feel disappointed when the credits rolled and they left the plot point for another time.)

Regardless, the B★RS world is gorgeous, music amazing, art stunning, plot actually moving, and action involving armguns and chains, so I can't complain much. The non-liner scene order made the ending feel... very much not like the ending, since the climax was the scene before, with the chronological ending, and I'm pretty sure everyone saw the last scene coming, with all the obvious hints to identities and whatnot. Personally, I'd have reversed the last two scenes, to put the climax right before the credits... Maybe I'm just being too picky. Outstanding in every way, just about, and I'd really recommend watching it if you have 50 mins.

it was ok but i'm kinda tired with all these school life, transformation, friendship animu its like they are all the same. Characters were all generic, story was meh, soundtrack was good, the animation....ok >_> (only the other world part very fluent , real world was meh). the ending just pissed me off thats what i hated most about this OVA, the ending was simply BS. Yeah i thought it was pretty good but after 51 minutes i was just sickened. At least give it the freakin BRS theme as an ending -_-". Its like watching that crap K-on again.

Its not a bad Ova its just mediocre.

i'll give it a 7.50. So yeah thats how i felt about this OVA

Good Battle BGM, great other world animation, but the story lacks impact.

Thank you Griffin for the link to the subs~

Am watching it now - just starting part four.

So far, I really like it - the art especially. I can't help but feel bad for Yomi though. :T

Will edit once finished watching~

EDIT: Wow, just wow. Umm, did the ending resolve anything? Because what was the whole point of the alternate worlds then besides sheer entertainment and awesome art? I'm sure there is some nice meaning to it, but the ending was pretty random in my opinion.

But awh, I still love Yomi.

Thank you Griffin for the link to the subs~

Am watching it now - just starting part four.

So far, I really like it - the art especially. I can't help but feel bad for Yomi though. :T

Will edit once finished watching~

EDIT: Wow, just wow. Umm, did the ending resolve anything? Because what was the whole point of the alternate worlds then besides sheer entertainment and awesome art? I'm sure there is some nice meaning to it, but the ending was pretty random in my opinion.

But awh, I still love Yomi.

Yeah, I just wanted to give Yomi hugs when she was looking sad D=

• 1 month later...

(possible spoilers ahead)

Okay, I just watched the OVA, and it was painful... Hold it, bad wording on my part. Watching the OVA was like... watching something really amazing, really, but the end just hurt me. Yuu's B★RS world character, the one with the massive arms, only got an intro, then never showed up, and B★GS appeared before the opening of the anime proper and then, if I was watching correctly, seems to plunge a sword through B★RS, yet didn't appear in the OVA at all! Not to mention that IB★RS, B★DG and B★M didn't show up at all. There's so much that's entirely undone right now. It really seems to be making it blunt that they'll be a sequel, although the OVA was still outstanding alone (Yuu's B★RS world bit should have been cut, IMO, it just made me feel disappointed when the credits rolled and they left the plot point for another time.)

Regardless, the B★RS world is gorgeous, music amazing, art stunning, plot actually moving, and action involving armguns and chains, so I can't complain much. The non-liner scene order made the ending feel... very much not like the ending, since the climax was the scene before, with the chronological ending, and I'm pretty sure everyone saw the last scene coming, with all the obvious hints to identities and whatnot. Personally, I'd have reversed the last two scenes, to put the climax right before the credits... Maybe I'm just being too picky. Outstanding in every way, just about, and I'd really recommend watching it if you have 50 mins.

FTFW it was awesome!!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived