Haibane Renmei

Alright, finished it. o.o Amazing anime. It hasn't got any fighting, which might disappointed some of you, but for those that don't need it, I'd definitely recommend watching it.

After finishing, I also watched the dub. Surprised to say that it's actually really good.

I... don't remember x3

I watched it quite some time ago, I basically only remember the major parts.

Huh, but I do remember feeling like there were holes in the anime, but I feel like the holes were for the watchers' minds to fill in.

Yeah, the creator officially said that there were a lot of answers for the watcher to make up x3 But I want to know anyway! Hehe, I guess I'm just like that. (And face it, the last scene is totally setting up for a sequel! Someone make it!)

I did my research on Haibane Renmei when I first started watching it, and I found out that it's actually based off of a doujinshi. The first anime to be based off of one, or something historical like that.

So it depends if the author of said doujin continued Haibane Renmei xD

I'd like to have more of Reki though. Her rage at the end was to die for~<3 I don't now why, but she's my type of character. :3

I did my research on Haibane Renmei when I first started watching it, and I found out that it's actually based off of a doujinshi. The first anime to be based off of one, or something historical like that.

So it depends if the author of said doujin continued Haibane Renmei xD

I'd like to have more of Reki though. Her rage at the end was to die for~<3 I don't now why, but she's my type of character. :3

:3 I loved that scene too, it was done so well.

And the doujinshi was only about a chapter long, it was cut short because they wanted to make an anime instead xD Never got anywhere near the anime's (tiny!) length, so I don't think that's what's holding it back :3

Haa, then I shall one of these days xD

The concept blew me away, although it was rather weird, but very very interesting. So it's rewatch standards should be high~

Also, Would you consider the world of the Haibane as a sort of hell? I remember thinking such a thing when watching.

I think more people liken it to a purgatory for the Haibane, since they have to avoid becoming sin-bound so that they can have their day of flight, rather than get trapped and die (and possibly become a Haibane Renmei during their lives, if you believe that that's how the Renmei are chosen - another thing the viewers have to decide)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived