The Great Debate Digimon Or Pokemon

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an interesting arguement. Who has the better music? Digimon or Pokemon? (better score, soundtracks, theme songs, etc.)

I vote Digimon. Even the dub's music is pretty awesome. And the current theme song is pretty catchy.

Here's an interesting arguement. Who has the better music? Digimon or Pokemon? (better score' date=' soundtracks, theme songs, etc.)

I vote Digimon. Even the dub's music is pretty awesome. And the current theme song is pretty catchy.

[/quote']

digimon have the greatest japenise op (srry 4 bad spelling)

Here's an interesting arguement. Who has the better music? Digimon or Pokemon? (better score' date=' soundtracks, theme songs, etc.)

[/quote']

Digimon wins both sub and dub-wise. Butter-Fly, Biggest Dreamer, heck, even "Digimon, Digital Monsters" rocked.

The original Pokémon theme owned, but the new ones aren't very memorable or catchy. The Japanese ones are decent, I guess.

Speaking off lets compare the dub's movie soundtrack:

Digimon had Barenaked Ladies, Less Than Jake, Fatboy Slim, and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

What did pokemon have? Britney Spears? N*Sync? Christina Aguilera? Come on. I thought the soundtrack was REALLY REALLY cheesy when I bought it.

[/quote']

Digimon wins both sub and dub-wise. Butter-Fly, Biggest Dreamer, heck, even "Digimon, Digital Monsters" rocked.

The original Pokémon theme owned, but the new ones aren't very memorable or catchy. The Japanese ones are decent, I guess.

you forgot Brave Heart -_-"

Taichi's Theme - Adventurer

Izzy's Theme - Digital Scratch(reminds me of MMBN XD)

Aku no Theme - apparently Pinocchimon's theme :|

Kanashimi

Aku no Shutsugen

Taiketsu - freakin love this one

Tataki no Toki, Yami kara no Mezamase - Myotismon's Theme, Arata no teki, Ansoku

and here i'm talking only of Adventure 01

I've yet to see see any Digimon video games beat

' date='
, or
. That last one especially.

but they dont have lyrics do they

How often do you see video game music with lyrics? SSBB and a few other openings and most character themes have it - that's pretty much it.

However, lyrics in BATTLE MUSIC is very rare, and usually not that good.

Anime and Video Games have very different standards on good music. This is why I insist that the entire argument of "which is better" be split between anime and video games. I think almost everyone here has agreed that Pokemon anime < Digimon anime, but Pokemon video games > Digimon video games.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Mm, apples and oranges.

But other than that' date=' I think digimon still takes the cake in the music department.

[/quote']

Pokémon is by Nintendo, though, and it's pretty hard to argue with Miror B.'s theme, or the GSC battle theme, or any legendary battle theme, or Cynthia's theme...

' date='
, or

How often do you see video game music with lyrics? SSBB and a few other openings and most character themes have it - that's pretty much it.

what about the persona4 battle theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVaMDPWUquM[/img]

but what about the MANGA???

' date='
, or

what about the persona4 battle theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVaMDPWUquM[/img]

Oi. You're looking for absolutes where there are none.

And Pokémon Special can probably put up a fight with Digimon.

But again, apples and oranges. Pokémon is a video game; Digimon is an anime. Obviously Pokémon will have better gameplay and Digimon will have a better story. >.>

' date='
, or

Oi. You're looking for absolutes where there are none.

And Pokémon Special can probably put up a fight with Digimon.

But again, apples and oranges. Pokémon is a video game; Digimon is an anime. Obviously Pokémon will have better gameplay and Digimon will have a better story. >.>

we can all agree that if red took place with ash pokemon would win

' date='
, or

you never played any Digimon games huh?

DW4

DW4

Mecha Nest

DW Dusk/Dawn -

DW Dusk/Dawn -

DW Dusk/Dawn -

DW DS Digimon World DS Music - Track 28

the whole entire DW 4 has epic music

Again, Cynthia's Theme. Every Legendary Battle Theme ever. The Super Smash Bros. remixes (every single one of them). Mewtwo's Stadium battle theme. Both of Miror B.'s theme. The Mt. Battle lobby theme (also the Pokémon Colloseum menu theme). Darkness Ridge. The Pokémon Center theme (the only way the makers of Touhoumon Gensokyo could one-up it was to add Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon).

It's pretty much impossible to compete with Nintendo. Even with their worst long-running series.

we can all agree that if red took place with ash pokemon would win

...no' date=' not really, sine we don't all agree on what you're saying.

If you mean "if Ash replaced Red", well, Pokémon Yellow.

If you mean "if Red replaced Ash", well, no, you're wrong. Pokémon's story is just an excuse for the battles to transpire.

But Red and Ash are the same person, so it really doesn't matter either way.

Except Pokémon Colloseum, which a) I just remembered, despite mentioning Miror B.'s awesome theme, and b) has a story that's only topped by [i']Tamers[/i] and Frontier.

Archived