The Great Debate Digimon Or Pokemon

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I restarted the game two months ago, but haven't returned to it after a few hours in.

I also found another thing:

What about Digimon wearing Chrome-Digizoid? It's said to impenetrable except for other weapons made with it.

What about Digimon wearing Chrome-Digizoid? It's said to impenetrable except for other weapons made with it.

And there we have it. Chrome Digizoid would block almost everything Pokemon can throw at them unless it's shown later in the series that there is some other way to get past it.

how about you show some logic in that statement

Omnimon X's All Delete wipes out all Pokémon in existence. The end.

Evidently' date=' neither of you have any idea what an F.E.A.R. Rattata is.

[/quote']

wat is a FEAR Rattata

F.E.A.R stands for Focus Sash, Endeavor, (Quick) Attack and Endeavor.

Basically, you just give a Ratatta a moveset consisting of Quick Attack and Endavor, and make it hold a Focus Sash.

Then, even if it would be KO'd, the Focus Sash allows it to endure the attack, but with only 1 HP left.

Then you would make your Ratatta use Endeavor, which reduces your opponent's HP to how much your Ratatt has, which is 1.

On the next turn, you use Quick Attack to finish them off, since Quick Attack always goes first. (Unless the opponent uses a similar move and has higher speed.)

Lol. Tamers' story doesn't suck, it's great. Not the best, but great.

It certainly beats Pokémon's formulatic plot. And saying it's based on the games isn't an excuse; the Pokémon manga is also based on the games, and yet the manga does a much better job plot-wise.

I everybody else said this already, but digimon just happens to have a really good storylines with actual emotion in them. Like, I'll admit that I cried at the end of Adventures 02 when it aired. The only time pokemon has ever made me cry was at the end of the first movie. Digimon also has better characters, the Digi Destined always have varied personality. Pokemon has stuck to the same routine for over 10 years,with only a few exciting moments sprinked in. (I'm hoping this will not be the case with "Best Wishes.")

In terms of storyline and an actual anime I can keep watching, Digimon is my choice. "Season Six" is pretty good so far, I though I wasn't going to enjoy it one bit, but I did.

Pokemon DOES make the better games though. Hands down. No contest.

how about you show some logic in that statement

Omnimon X's All Delete wipes out all Pokémon in existence. The end.

Evidently' date=' neither of you have any idea what an F.E.A.R. Rattata is.

[/quote']

wat is a FEAR Rattata

F.E.A.R stands for Focus Sash, Endeavor, (Quick) Attack and Endeavor.

Basically, you just give a Ratatta a moveset consisting of Quick Attack and Endavor, and make it hold a Focus Sash.

Then, even if it would be KO'd, the Focus Sash allows it to endure the attack, but with only 1 HP left.

Then you would make your Ratatta use Endeavor, which reduces your opponent's HP to how much your Ratatt has, which is 1.

On the next turn, you use Quick Attack to finish them off, since Quick Attack always goes first. (Unless the opponent uses a similar move and has higher speed.)

Said Rattata must also be at LV1.

If we do "who would win" then we cannot choose those mega level digimon versus any pokemon. That's unfair. We must select Digimon and Pokemon that have evolved the same number of times. I say Charmander can defeat Botamon, Kadabra can defeat Tsunomon and Garchomp can defeat Patamon. Now give Snorlax 4 new stages and then let's talk...

If we do "who would win" then we cannot choose those mega level digimon versus any pokemon. That's unfair. We must select Digimon and Pokemon that have evolved the same number of times. I say Charmander can defeat Botamon' date=' Kadabra can defeat Tsunomon and Garchomp can defeat Patamon. Now give Snorlax 4 new stages and then let's talk...

[/quote']

no thats still not fair because all the pokemon u named are 2nd evo and in training dosent count cuss it cant fight

Baby and In-Training Digimon are not suited for battle; therefore, the first "real" stage is Rookie.

So, let's look at Agumon's evolutionary line:

Agumon (Rookie) > Greymon (Champion) > MetalGreymon (Ultimate)

MetalGreymon is a reptilian android with power comparable to a nuclear warhead; Charizard is just a typical dragon.

MetalGreymon wins.

Okay:

MetalGreymon vs Garchomp

- Garchomp uses Dragon Rush. Hefty damage for MetalGreymon

- MetalGreymon fires 2 atomic tracking missles. KO's Garchomp

- MTLGreymon wins

Fair enough?

BTW:

MTLGreymon isn't considered good either. Actually, it's considered pretty basic for its level.

Okay:

MetalGreymon vs Garchomp

- MTLGreymon wins

Fair enough?

BTW:

MTLGreymon isn't considered good either. Actually' date=' it's considered pretty basic for its level.

[/quote']

That one makes sense.

Also, basic >>>>>> outright horrible. Charizard doesn't even fall within the top 10% of non-broken Pokemon (and those 10% are including all pre-evolutions and such, which make up more than half the list of Pokemon - not reaching there would usually mean that you suck).

EDIT: Wobbuffet w/ Focus Sash VS Whatever Digimon. What now? xD

change Metal Greymon to MetalGreymon X :3

why? Trident Arm VER 9.9 and Giga Destroyer (tho they have the same destructive results) and it looks somewhat cooler o3o

A to the Q above : Omegamon X using All Delete

Wobbuffet vs Mercurymon

- Mercurymon uses Mirror Offest. Sub-par damage for Wobbuffet

- Wobbuffer uses Counter to inflict double damage. Mercurymon takes great damage.

- Mercurymon uses Dark Reflection to return the damage x2 (which is x4 the damage of the original attack). Wobbuffet KO'd.

- Mercurymon wins

And stop relying on cheap movesets and Pokémon. It's telling me Pokémon can only ever rely on cheap tactics when facing against an enemy that is actually stronger in reality.

A to the Q above : Omegamon X using All Delete

Wobbuffet lives because of Focus Sash. Mirror Coat proceeds to redirect the attack back at him at double power. GG.

EDIT: Yet again, Shadow_BRIGHT takes advantage of things I forgot about. -____________-

Why do we need to use the rules of the Pokémon universe? Sheesh' date=' what about a battle WITHOUT cheap items for either side?

Digimon would win.

[/quote']

What stops Digimon from using Pokemon's cheap items? I never said that we had to follow the rules of any universe, but anything available to either side is perfectly viable.

Regardless, I think we can both agree that the argument is completely pointless - the point of the thread is pretty much at full consensus anyways.

Okay:

MetalGreymon vs Garchomp

- MTLGreymon wins

Fair enough?

BTW:

MTLGreymon isn't considered good either. Actually' date=' it's considered pretty basic for its level.

[/quote']

That one makes sense.

Also, basic >>>>>> outright horrible. Charizard doesn't even fall within the top 10% of non-broken Pokemon (and those 10% are including all pre-evolutions and such, which make up more than half the list of Pokemon - not reaching there would usually mean that you suck).

EDIT: Wobbuffet w/ Focus Sash VS Whatever Digimon. What now? xD

dude u rely on the focus shash too much

Archived