The Great Debate Digimon Or Pokemon

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wikia says there are 882. Almost twice the ammount of Pokemon. Digimon owns in most things, except in the games, that is what started it all. But I recently played Digimon World DS and I can say they are going in the right direction...

Of course Rotom's ability to mess with stuff makes him able to defeat any Digimon. They are made of data, you know...

Pokemon is weak compared to Digimon. Chimeramon or Magnamon will rape Pikachu or Raichu.

But MewTwo is different. A Pokemon that can mass hypnosis and turn back time is a God imo.

MewTwo > Digimon > Pokemon except MewTwo.

were did u get the idea that he can turn back time

Wikia says there are 882. Almost twice the ammount of Pokemon. Digimon owns in most things' date=' except in the games, that is what started it all. But I recently played Digimon World DS and I can say they are going in the right direction...

Of course Rotom's ability to mess with stuff makes him able to defeat any Digimon. They are made of data, you know...

[/quote']

rotom can only mess with electrical appliances not data itself

Digimon has more diversity. There are animals, humanoids, robots, angels and demons (gasp), and now even Gundam-like mechas.

But practically every Pokémon has animalistic traits. Even Arceus looks like a stylized llama (no offense).

In manga, I'd say they're about even.

Wikia says there are 882. Almost twice the ammount of Pokemon. Digimon owns in most things' date=' except in the games, that is what started it all. But I recently played Digimon World DS and I can say they are going in the right direction...

[/quote']

Lol. If it messed with an appliance with Digimon in it, the Digimon would hack into IT.

Pokemon is weak compared to Digimon. Chimeramon or Magnamon will rape Pikachu or Raichu.

But MewTwo is different. A Pokemon that can mass hypnosis several Digimon can do this and turn back time Milleniumon owns him in the time department is a God imo.

Seraphimon's Testament can cause a Big Bang. End of story.

But MewTwo is different. A Pokemon that can mass hypnosis and turn back time is a God imo.

Pokémon: The First Movie. If you watch it, you will see the epicness of MewTwo.

i watched that movie on HBO 5 years ago i think :3

anyway way too much drama and 3D cg effects and MewTwo wasn't as cool as WarGreymon X

anyway i see you guys are comparing mega lvl digimon with 1st evolution pokemon i think thats kinda unfair =/ at least Champion, Ultimate or Super Ultimate at least >_>

also as of lately in the 5th gen pokemanz i've seen pokemon resembling digimon

8zprao.jpg

and

Hagurumon

2z7k6ld.jpg

and even those "gods pokemon in gen 5 resemble the divine digimon

i watched that movie on HBO 5 years ago i think :3

anyway way too much drama and 3D cg effects and MewTwo wasn't as cool as WarGreymon X

anyway i see you guys are comparing mega lvl digimon with 1st evolution pokemon i think thats kinda unfair =/ at least Champion' date=' Ultimate or Super Ultimate at least >_>

also as of lately in the 5th gen pokemanz i've seen pokemon resembling digimon

[img']http://i32.tinypic.com/8zprao.jpg[/img]

and

Hagurumon

2z7k6ld.jpg

and even those "gods pokemon in gen 5 resemble the divine digimon

Perhaps because both series are Japanese and thus base things off the same ideas? :roll:

Seriously, it's like the whole "Super Sonic is a DBZ reference!" argument - where it turned out that they were both based on the same legend and nothing more. If you're basing off the same stuff, it's OVERWHELMINGLY DIFFICULT to make it look different enough. For example, what you just brought up is comparing two things based on Gears...

In my opinion digimon is better...except in the games department...oh how sad their many attempts at making a card game was...and as far asvideogames I feel like they should have kept going with the non turn by turn based battle system like in digimon world 4...except less rpg elements...

As far as pokemon is concerned...unless they dramatically change pokemon with black/white I will seriously smash my coppy of red out of RAEGH!!!!?!?!>!?>!<#J

Ofcourse I have two copies though...So Yeah

...except in the games department...

That's... sort of the focus in Pokemon's case. The anime was an afterthought that came out about a year later in Japan, IIRC. You wouldn't be able to tell in North America because everything was released here at the same time.

Really, these series both seem to do better where they are focused. Pokemon's TCG runs in an arguably better fashion than even YGO if you take their excellent POP into consideration (which is also expanding into the games - nice!). Their video games outsold most other series as well, for several reasons. One of these reasons, perhaps, would be the more complex system that deermined a Pokemon's stats - exactly what kicked off competetive play.

As for Digimon, the anime is done better than Pokemon, that much is pretty much completely impervious to argument.

BTW, Flame Dragon, Charizard isn't even strong at all by Pokemon's standards anymore.

Pokémon: The First Movie. If you watch it' date=' you will see the epicness of MewTwo.

[/quote']

he cant turn back time he can reset people memory but thats pretty much it

how about you show some logic in that statement

Omnimon X's All Delete wipes out all Pokémon in existence. The end.

Evidently' date=' neither of you have any idea what an F.E.A.R. Rattata is.

[/quote']

Lol, yeah I do. A cheap moveset doesn't work against everything. Oh, what if it faces Bakemon, the Ghost Digimon?

how about you show some logic in that statement

Omnimon X's All Delete wipes out all Pokémon in existence. The end.

Evidently' date=' neither of you have any idea what an F.E.A.R. Rattata is.

[/quote']

Lol, yeah I do. A cheap moveset doesn't work against everything. Oh, what if it faces Bakemon, the Ghost Digimon?

Sucker Punch.

Also, anything holding a Focus Sash/Band will survive through All Delete.

EDIT: Ever heard of F.E.A.R. Kangaskhan? Scrappy negates that immunity.

Archived