Rosario + Vampire

For those who don't know, Rosario + Vampire is a japanese anime/manga soon to be dubbed by Funimation.

Here's a link to the opening of the Capu 2 season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK85WZWe0Nk

Rosario + Vampire follows the story of Aono Tsukene, a 15 year old high school student. He is one day accidently transfered to a private school called Youkai Academy past town. Upon arrival (after being driven by a creepy, yet awesome, bus driver) Tsukene almost instantly meets Moka, an anemic pink-haired girl. She tells him that she's a student of the academy, and then lets slip that she's actually a vampire.

At first Tsukene doesn't believe, but he soon learns the truth when he falls on her, accidently removing her Rosario necklace, which turns her into her full vampire form.

In a class taught by Shizuka Nekonome (the cat-girl in my avatar/sig) he finds out that the school is a monster school with the purpose of getting monsters to learn how to live with humans.

Later in the series, more character are revealed as follows.

Kurumu - a succubus entranced by Tsukune. She loves to rub her large breasts up against him and constantly compete for his affection.

Yukari - an 11 year old genius who is also a witch. She is bi-sexual and at first developes a love for Moka, at times grabbing her breasts, but soon falls for Tsukune as well.

Mizore - A timid ice monster who will constantly appear in the oddest of places. She loves to peep on Tsukune, and is another girl who loves him.

Ko/Chuu Bat - a bat that randomly appears and narrates what's happening, or tells about different monsters. In the Capu 2 season he is revealed to be the pet of Moka's psychotic younger sister

Kokoa - Moka's psychotic younger sister. She hates the version of Moka created by the Rosario, and constantly tries to remove it to reveal her true form, whom she idolizes.

Gin - a pervert peeper who tricks Tsukune into taking the rap for his peeping. He is a wearwolf and a fierce fighter, and ends up becoming good friends with everyone.

Moka - a little more info on her. She is a young, carefree girl who loves Tsukune and constantly bites his neck to suck his blood.

Inner Moka - Moka after the Rosario necklace has been removed by Tsukune. HEr hair turns silver, eyes turn red and her breasts and butt enlarge. She's competitive and grumpy, unlike the original Moka, and will always save the day for Tsukune.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

bump: Anyway, you already know both seasons will be dubbed. Has any anime series had ALL it's seasons dubbed at once?

Rosario isn't getting both dubbed simultaneously either. It has a gap in between, like every other anime. Getting both seasons licensed simultaneously is also common practice.

Guest Fusion X. Denver

I like Rosario, not the best, not the worst. I kinda get tired of plots where the main guy is desired by almost everyone in the all-female cast, but I like almost all of the characters.

And I find it amazing how Tsukune went from this total wimp to a normal dude (lolnormal), it was right under my nose and I didn't notice until after the fact.

I'm hoping the manga ends soon since it has this finale feel.

I've heard the manga is better, but I've only yet watched the anime.

And FUNimation is the best choice to dub this, and any anime, really. They're awesome.

This has some of the English voices listed: http://en.wikipedia....pire_characters

Yes, Yukari is Bulma.

Todd Haberkorn being Tsukune will be cool.

Luffy is inner Moka. lol, though I imagine she'll sound like Hawkeye, just not monotone.

Guest Fusion X. Denver

So, I'm currently watching their stream of the first 4 episodes, dubbed. Why are they pronouncing Tsukune as Skunay?

At least, everyone but Moka is doing so every single time.

Maybe Funimation thought that first U was silent like the U in Sasuke?

I thought it was pronounced like Skoonay? That's what it sounded like to me in the sub, anyways, though maybe I just don't remember it right.

Japanese words are pronounced the way they are written, except with the lack vowel possibly being silent. If it sounded like that, it was because they were talking too fast for you to hear the U. Perhaps this means FUNimation did that because the characters were saying the name too fast in Japanese as well and wanted to maintain accuracy, then?

I've heard the manga is better, but I've only yet watched the anime.

And FUNimation is the best choice to dub this, and any anime, really. They're awesome.

This has some of the English voices listed: http://en.wikipedia....pire_characters

Yes, Yukari is Bulma.

Todd Haberkorn being Tsukune will be cool.

Luffy is inner Moka. lol, though I imagine she'll sound like Hawkeye, just not monotone.

Luffy? Well can't argue with that.

Anyway... Who's gonna but it the moment it comes out. Otaku's will probably camp out at video stores to be first in line to get this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived