Bleach or Naruto

in this aspect the shows are similar' date=' however bleach is much more mature. also, the main characters are similar. But as I said, I enjoy the more subtle approach to bleach.

[/quote']

Bleach is more mature than Naruto? In what aspect? In Naruto we see lots of mature thing like many of the Shinobi children loss his/her parents because of wars or mission (ex: Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, Iruka, etc), and how a Ninja must not have an emotion during a mission and he/she is just a tools for the one who hire him/her (ex: Zabuza, Haku, Sai, etc), or when kill or be killed situation is common in order to proceed the mission or save the one dearest to them (ex: Kakashi Gaiden, Nagato Gaiden, etc). Naruto IS more mature than Bleach.

Yes, bleach is more mature than Naruto. This idea of shinobi being no more than a tool, ok, yea, it pulls at your heart strings, w/e. However, how is the situation of the shinigami any different??? Face it, the soul society is a much harsher place. Once a soul reaper, always a soul reaper. You want to leave, and they place you in an underground prison with no way out, and you stay there for the rest of your life. As a ninja, you can retire, you can request not to do some missions, you can get a day off, w/e. Bleach, you can never leave, and you must always remain until the day you die, which could be hundreds of years. Also, you can never refuse to do something, because then they sentence you to death. The laws are often harsh, and unjust. And guess what, being a tool with no emotions? I've seen it in movies and tv shows all the time. It's cliche and a stupid concept, and it is often over used. If you have no emotions, you can't properly judge a situation to decide what is right or wrong. omg, they lost their parents. how terrible. ichigo's mom was murdered by a hollow right before his eyes. ichigo has come close to death many times. how often does naruto almost get half of his body cut off, hmm? How often has Naruto failed at what he attempts to accomplish, like a real person would? Not often; only once, when he attempted to bring back sasuke. And don't go telling me that he has, and making up some phony crap, cause guess what, he hasn't. Ichigo has almost died and failed on multiple occasions. He has often come extreamly close, only to get shot down. Ichigo attempts to pull loner acts all the time, but in the end, he is heavily dependant on those around him, even though he won't admit it. Naruto doesn't accept help from anyone, no matter what the situation is. Sure, he gets advice from a master, but he doesn't deal with the kinds of problems that Ichigo faces. Bleach is more mature than naruto in a lot more ways, and ichigo's character is more 3-dementional than naruto. And FYI, I do keep up with both naruto and bleach, so it's not like i've only read a couple of chapters and am making this judgment off of a fraction of the series.

Now' date=' as for the debate going on here.... Okay, lets think this through. [b']THIS IS A POLL[/b]

I don't see any Poll at the top of this thread. Does anyone else see this or i'm just hallucinating?

You don't need to have a poll on top of the thread for it to be a poll. Obviously you're not thinking clearly, otherwise you would realize that a poll is when someone gives you two or more options to choose from, and the outcome relies on which of the choices you personally agree with. this is one form of a poll. Yes it would be easier if the author were to make a poll now, after the fact, but then you couldn't debate on whether naruto is better versus bleach.

In my opinion, you're just grasping at straws. Let's face it, ok, he lost his parents in war, boohoo, we see it all the time in anime. It's a very common concept. In full metal alchemist, all the characters have gone through a similar fate to the characters in naruto, but in the end, the full metal alchemist characters are much more well-rounded and realistic than the naruto characters. They are constantly tortured by the horrors that they have experienced, while in naruto in four or five chapters they are back to their normal, "im gonna knock you senseless" selves. Bleach, yes, they don't go killing off many of the important characters, but then again, they're not killing them off really quickly and then bringing them all back to life because someone talked some sense into the bad guy who has a god complex. In code geass, many characters had their parents die in wars. One of the characters even killed his own father, and lives in denial. So you know what, ok, sure, the "i-lost-my-mom-and-dad-due-to-fighting/war" is a real tear-jerker, but is so overused it's kind of laughable that they still use it.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes' date=' bleach is more mature than Naruto. This idea of shinobi being no more than a tool, ok, yea, it pulls at your heart strings, w/e. However, how is the situation of the shinigami any different??? Face it, the soul society is a much harsher place. Once a soul reaper, always a soul reaper. You want to leave, and they place you in an underground prison with no way out, and you stay there for the rest of your life. As a ninja, you can retire, you can request not to do some missions, you can get a day off, w/e. Bleach, you can never leave, and you must always remain until the day you die, which could be hundreds of years. Also, you can never refuse to do something, because then they sentence you to death. The laws are often harsh, and unjust.

[/quote']

Ninja can also be Murdered, Tortured, Assassinated or Wipe their WHOLE Family or Clan if they betray their village. Ever read about hidden Mist village Genin exam? The student MUST Duel to the Death against their fellow student/friend/comrade in order to pass. If you think that is not harsh, i don't know what to say.

And guess what' date=' being a tool with no emotions? I've seen it in movies and tv shows all the time. It's cliche and a stupid concept, and it is often over used. If you have no emotions, you can't properly judge a situation to decide what is right or wrong.

[/quote']

It is not the Shinobi decision to question whether the mission is right or wrong. Take the example of the Army, they MUST follow their CO (Commanding Officer) order or they will be punish because they disobeying the chain command. All Shinobi must perform the mission with their emotion aside in order to accomplice it perfectly. Example: You have a mission to assassinate a person because he/she has a Jutsu that can killed a thousand people. But when you meet him/her, you fall in love with him/her because of his/her beauty or charm. Question: Will you kill him/her?

omg' date=' they lost their parents. how terrible. ichigo's mom was murdered by a hollow right before his eyes.[/quote']

Counter Argument:

OMG, they lost their parents. how terrible. Sasuke's mom and father and her whole Clan was murdered by her own Brother (Itachi) right before his eyes.

ichigo has come close to death many times. how often does naruto almost get half of his body cut off' date=' hmm? How often has Naruto failed at what he attempts to accomplish, like a real person would? Not often; only once, when he attempted to bring back sasuke. And don't go telling me that he has, and making up some phony crap, cause guess what, he hasn't. Ichigo has almost died and failed on multiple occasions. He has often come extreamly close, only to get shot down. Ichigo attempts to pull loner acts all the time, but in the end, he is heavily dependant on those around him, even though he won't admit it. Naruto doesn't accept help from anyone, no matter what the situation is. Sure, he gets advice from a master, but he doesn't deal with the kinds of problems that Ichigo faces. Bleach is more mature than naruto in a lot more ways, and ichigo's character is more 3-dementional than naruto. And FYI, I do keep up with both naruto and bleach, so it's not like i've only read a couple of chapters and am making this judgment off of a fraction of the series.

[/quote']

It is more cliche if almost-died-when-accomplished-something-then-suddenly-become-a-victor situation, Check Gokuu in DB. Imo, Bleach have a lots of Deus Ex Machina syndrome in its story. Naruto doesn't rely much on his friend because he already have a Nine Tails in his stomach (aka Lots of Chakra) and he is the kind of reckless Hero with his gung-ho approach method. You can't blame him because of his fighting nature.

Now' date=' as for the debate going on here.... Okay, lets think this through. [b']THIS IS A POLL[/b]

I don't see any Poll at the top of this thread. Does anyone else see this or i'm just hallucinating?

You don't need to have a poll on top of the thread for it to be a poll. Obviously you're not thinking clearly, otherwise you would realize that a poll is when someone gives you two or more options to choose from, and the outcome relies on which of the choices you personally agree with. this is one form of a poll. Yes it would be easier if the author were to make a poll now, after the fact, but then you couldn't debate on whether naruto is better versus bleach.

It doesn't change the fact that this thread is NOT a Poll. End of argument.

In my opinion' date=' you're just grasping at straws. Let's face it, ok, he lost his parents in war, boohoo, we see it all the time in anime. It's a very common concept. In full metal alchemist, all the characters have gone through a similar fate to the characters in naruto, but in the end, the full metal alchemist characters are much more well-rounded and realistic than the naruto characters. They are constantly tortured by the horrors that they have experienced, while in naruto in four or five chapters they are back to their normal, "im gonna knock you senseless" selves. Bleach, yes, they don't go killing off many of the important characters, but then again, they're not killing them off really quickly and then bringing them all back to life because someone talked some sense into the bad guy who has a god complex. In code geass, many characters had their parents die in wars. One of the characters even killed his own father, and lives in denial. So you know what, ok, sure, [b']the "i-lost-my-mom-and-dad-due-to-fighting/war" is a real tear-jerker, but is so overused it's kind of laughable that they still use it.[/b]

So, "i-lost-my-mom-and-dad-due-to-hollow/spirit/ghost" is a REAL tear-jerker to you? Suit yourself, everybody have its favorite drama concept i guess. :|

Yes' date=' bleach is more mature than Naruto. This idea of shinobi being no more than a tool, ok, yea, it pulls at your heart strings, w/e. However, how is the situation of the shinigami any different??? Face it, the soul society is a much harsher place. Once a soul reaper, always a soul reaper. You want to leave, and they place you in an underground prison with no way out, and you stay there for the rest of your life. As a ninja, you can retire, you can request not to do some missions, you can get a day off, w/e. Bleach, you can never leave, and you must always remain until the day you die, which could be hundreds of years. Also, you can never refuse to do something, because then they sentence you to death. The laws are often harsh, and unjust.

[/quote']

Ninja can also be Murdered, Tortured, Assassinated or Wipe their WHOLE Family or Clan if they betray their village. Ever read about hidden Mist village Genin exam? The student MUST Duel to the Death against their fellow student/friend/comrade in order to pass. If you think that is not harsh, i don't know what to say.

I never said anything about betraying a village. You're saying this. Naruto can simply one day say "you know what, I want to be a farmer, not a ninja" and be over with it. A soulreaper can say "you know what, I want to be a farmer, not a ninja" and then get stuck in an underground prison for the rest of his life, and since he's not able to die from age he will be stuck there for as much time exist until the soul society is destroyed and he is brutally murdered because he has no way to defend himself you are forgetting about the fact that the hollows can be someone you know, someone you held close to you when they were still alive. Like when ichigo had to kill (send to the soul society) orihime's brother.

And guess what' date=' being a tool with no emotions? I've seen it in movies and tv shows all the time. It's cliche and a stupid concept, and it is often over used. If you have no emotions, you can't properly judge a situation to decide what is right or wrong.

[/quote']

It is not the Shinobi decision to question whether the mission is right or wrong. Take the example of the Army, they MUST follow their CO (Commanding Officer) order or they will be punish because they disobeying the chain command. All Shinobi must perform the mission with their emotion aside in order to accomplice it perfectly. Example: You have a mission to assassinate a person because he/she has a Jutsu that can killed a thousand people. But when you meet him/her, you fall in love with him/her because of his/her beauty or charm. Question: Will you kill him/her?

Who said anything about falling in love? If his mission is to assassinate someone, then why would he be getting close to them? Your logic is flawed. Also, i'm not talking about that kind of right and wrong. Example, when sakura was going to fall to her death when naruto fought orochimaru, all he had to do was reach out and grab her. Then, because of the simple emotion of "oh, she's part of my team" he then would have had someone to aid him if he ended up engaging in combat. because he didn't have any real loyalty, he almost let someone died when all he had to do was reach out an arm. and don't go saying "but he didn't engage in combat" because I know that, im not an idiot. But you yourself are going around making these general assumptions.

omg' date=' they lost their parents. how terrible. ichigo's mom was murdered by a hollow right before his eyes.[/quote']

Counter Argument:

OMG, they lost their parents. how terrible. Sasuke's mom and father and her whole Clan was murdered by her own Brother (Itachi) right before his eyes.

Ok, but I think you're forgetting about the genocide that the soul reapers carried out on the quincies. Uryu is in the same position as sasuke, but he isn't going on a "zomg" rage, he's sucking up and enduring. Sasuke is being a child saying "well if they did this well now im going to do this, ha." He's no better than a six-year-old fighting with an old friend, the old friend being konoha.

ichigo has come close to death many times. how often does naruto almost get half of his body cut off' date=' hmm? How often has Naruto failed at what he attempts to accomplish, like a real person would? Not often; only once, when he attempted to bring back sasuke. And don't go telling me that he has, and making up some phony crap, cause guess what, he hasn't. Ichigo has almost died and failed on multiple occasions. He has often come extreamly close, only to get shot down. Ichigo attempts to pull loner acts all the time, but in the end, he is heavily dependant on those around him, even though he won't admit it. Naruto doesn't accept help from anyone, no matter what the situation is. Sure, he gets advice from a master, but he doesn't deal with the kinds of problems that Ichigo faces. Bleach is more mature than naruto in a lot more ways, and ichigo's character is more 3-dementional than naruto. And FYI, I do keep up with both naruto and bleach, so it's not like i've only read a couple of chapters and am making this judgment off of a fraction of the series.

[/quote']

It is more cliche if almost-died-when-accomplished-something-then-suddenly-become-a-victor situation, Check Gokuu in DB. Imo, Bleach have a lots of Deus Ex Machina syndrome in its story. Naruto doesn't rely much on his friend because he already have a Nine Tails in his stomach (aka Lots of Chakra) and he is the kind of reckless Hero with his gung-ho approach method. You can't blame him because of his fighting nature.

How is this more cliche, if ichigo fails and isn't able to become a victor in the situation. I never said ichigo comes close to failing and then succedes, because that's not what happens. Byakuya left ichigo to die after defeating him in a mere couple of seconds, and ichigo was barely saved by uryu. Ichigo attempts to enter the soul society but fights jidanbo. He is able to defeat the gate keeper, but is then forced out by gin ichimaru. this happens to ichigo all the time. The first time he attempts to fight aizen, aizen blocks ichigo's sword with a single finger, as that is how much is spiritual pressure outclassed ichigo's at the time. He then nearly cut ichigo in half. where is this cliche?

It doesn't change the fact that this thread is NOT a Poll. End of argument.

it is a poll. I explained what a poll is, and this thread falls withing the criteria to be a poll.

In my opinion' date=' you're just grasping at straws. Let's face it, ok, he lost his parents in war, boohoo, we see it all the time in anime. It's a very common concept. In full metal alchemist, all the characters have gone through a similar fate to the characters in naruto, but in the end, the full metal alchemist characters are much more well-rounded and realistic than the naruto characters. They are constantly tortured by the horrors that they have experienced, while in naruto in four or five chapters they are back to their normal, "im gonna knock you senseless" selves. Bleach, yes, they don't go killing off many of the important characters, but then again, they're not killing them off really quickly and then bringing them all back to life because someone talked some sense into the bad guy who has a god complex. In code geass, many characters had their parents die in wars. One of the characters even killed his own father, and lives in denial. So you know what, ok, sure, [b']the "i-lost-my-mom-and-dad-due-to-fighting/war" is a real tear-jerker, but is so overused it's kind of laughable that they still use it.[/b]

So, "i-lost-my-mom-and-dad-due-to-hollow/spirit/ghost" is a REAL tear-jerker to you? Suit yourself, everybody have its favorite drama concept i guess. :|

I never said it was a tear-jerker. You're putting words in my mouth. I'm showing you that bleach matches and surpasses naruto at every point. Everything that naruto does, bleach does better and they don't have to hit you on top of the head for it.

You know, I've provided a counter argument to everything you've thrown at me, and I've even come up with more reasons as to why bleach is better. Instead of doing the same, you have just made counter arguments to my statements that hold no water. You are saying things and judging things, but have you read both series in their entirety? have you analyzed the bleach story as much as you've analyzed the naruto story? I know I have. I make posts in both the bleach thread and the naruto thread, and I keep up with both stories and analyze them equally. As long as you make counter arguments that hold no ground, I can make equal counter arguments in return. I suggest we just end this debate here, as it's overcrowding the thread. And don't say i'm giving up, because i'm not.

I have in fact read both of the series. Although i know that Naruto is not the best kind of manga out there compared to Akira, Berserk, Blame!, Tomie, Path of Assassin, One Piece, etc etc. But i do know that Naruto is better than Bleach, in my opinion. The most thing i like about Naruto is its characters development. From a Juvenile child with lonely past into a hero of his village. And i don't see quite see that development in Ichigo, once again in my opinion. Although i agree with some of the people opinion that Naruto is less entertaining since the Shipuudden series. But nevertheless, Naruto is more fun to read than Bleach to me. I'm not saying that Bleach is bad and we should burn the books or the bookstore that sell it or tortured the people that read it (Heck! I even read Bleach!), it's just that Kubo Tite is lack some tragic events in Bleach. At least make some of the main protagonist died of lack of Reiatsu or something.

I agree with you, lets end this debate because multiple quotes is overcrowding and not very pleasant to the eyes. Lets, just say that we both like Naruto and Bleach but we like more in one of the series. ;)

Really' date=' if we think about it, Bleach has great pics, great opening and ending songs, with a story that makes a lot of sense and is very emotional, that gives a love to it. Plus, theres a lot of [b']hawt girls[/b]...rather than Naruto...

Bleach Hawt Girls: Orihime, Rangiku, Nell, Arrancer #3, and Orihime glasses friend.

Naruto Hawt Girls: Tsunade and Mizukage.

Your argument is VALID. ;)

Usetheforcehan forgets Anko' date=' the Raikage's secretary, and Konan. Also, besides the hair, in One Piece they all seem virtually identical to me. Still well-drawn, though.

[/quote']

It because they all have the same basic body shape. Also each character as a distinct face. Still, as much as I love all the hot ladies, it does bug me a little that like EVERY female character has that body shape.

Usetheforcehan forgets Anko' date=' the Raikage's secretary, and Konan. Also, besides the hair, in One Piece they all seem virtually identical to me. Still well-drawn, though.

[/quote']

Anko: Too tomboy (although her fishnet undergarment is alluring).

Raikage's secretary: Too serious.

Konan: Too creepy.

@CarlinFan: You read Claymore too? Galatea is win in term of beauty.

Tite Kubo is a perv. He over-sized Orihime's' date=' Yoruichi's, Nels', Rangiku's, and Harribels's bewbs. Thats why its a huge advantage

[/quote']

That goes for most manga artists. A large number of all female characters hve very large, or at least big, boobs. Naruto is one of the few that doesn't really have this. It does stil have a few with large chests.

lol, true, so basically we're rating on which has the hotter underage girls/cougars to choose from, ok xD in that case, bleach wins by several hundred points :P unlike naruto, the hot women don't turn into wrinkly old bags when they start to run out of steam xD

Archived