Bleach or Naruto

#8: Szayel Aporro Grantz. Defeated: Ishida' date=' Renji[b'], Dondochakka, Pesche[/b]. Defeated by: Mayuri & ... oh.

It's not like one expends any energy fighting a Quincy, a Shinigami, and two Arrancars... right?

And they did almost nothing to him. The little they did do was healed off.

#7: That black dude. Defeated by: Byakuya &...oh.

Only because Byakuya's skill with Flash Steps made him uniquely suited to fight Zommari.

Doesn't matter. The simple fact is he got owned. Really' date=' his fight lasted like 2 chapters.

[spoiler=Spoiler for Manga]

1 was only defeated by two Vizards and a Captain.

The two Vizards did little. Really Kyōraku did all the work, and once he got series the fight was over in 1 chapter.

3 was team-killed by a pissed-off Aizen and wasn't seriously injured by a Captain or two Vizards.

That was just stupid and a waste.

As much as I love Bleach as of late the chapter alone have been underwhelming. The main characters are simply getting removed to easily. Starting which Baraggan characters you think would last long have been killed to easily. Stark is a great example. This goes on to the current fight with Azien with every one dropping like flies. Yea, he's strong but NO ONE used Bankai. For something that should be the high point of the series where the fights would be the hardest we've only seen like 2 new ones. WTF. Hell, he don't even know what happened to Kensei.

I have to give this to One Piece. Really, their called the big three and yet One Piece seems to be so over looked. It makes me sad.

And for the poll Naruto as of late.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree that the Shinigami were defeated a bit too easily - not to mention the Top Three Espada - it helped cement Aizen's image as a villain. Up until then, what had he really done? Except for being lolOP at Soukyoko Hill, and causing the Vizard's creation, Aizen has spent most of the series either coiled up in the Central 46 building and Las Noches, quite frankly doing nothing. He's finally a villain, and I love that.

As for Bleach's characters, I wouldn't mind some of them being killed off. We've had far too many characters we're supposed to remember who they are.

I thought Zommari's ass-whopping was caused by Byakuya's "thousand blades" ability. (On a completely different note: "whopping" is in Chrome's dictionary. :S)

While I agree that the Shinigami were defeated a bit too easily - not to mention the Top Three Espada - it helped cement Aizen's image as a villain. Up until then' date=' what had he really done? Except for being lolOP at Soukyoko Hill, and causing the Vizard's creation, Aizen has spent most of the series either coiled up in the Central 46 building and Las Noches, quite frankly doing nothing. He's finally a villain, and I love that.

As for Bleach's characters, I wouldn't mind some of them being killed off. We've had far too many characters we're supposed to remember who they are.

I thought Zommari's ass-whopping was caused by Byakuya's "thousand blades" ability. (On a completely different note: "whopping" is in Chrome's dictionary. :S)

[/quote']

Yea, while I wish it wasn't done the way it was, watching every one fall definitely got home the point the Azien is powerful.

While I don't want them to kill off characters I hate how easily the bad guys die and how hard it is t kill ANY of the good guys.

How can you tell that Espada was wiped by Shinigami? Man... 1st Espada - Stark was fighting with 2 of the strongest captains, trained by Yamamoto, and they could not kill him. At the end suddenly Kyoraku killed him cowardly, from the back, which means that he couldnt kill him in real battle. Halibel was killed by Aizen, not by shinigami united with Vaizards, that stron she was. Baragan, was killed by luck, after he survived 2 shoots of Soifon's BANKAI, that destroys everything by 1 shoot! Also than little creepy guy (forgot the name), took Ukitake down by bare hand. Yummy (espada 0) surrvived Byakuya and Kanpachi fighting together. At the end Aizen took down every opponent including Yamamoto. That's how easy it is to kill strongest bad guys.

How can you tell that Espada was wiped by Shinigami? Man... 1st Espada - Stark was fighting with 2 of the strongest captains' date=' trained by Yamamoto, and they could not kill him. At the end suddenly Kyoraku killed him cowardly, from the back, which means that he couldnt kill him in real battle.

[/quote']

The fight didn't end their. It ended with Stark taking a huge slash across the chest from the front.

Halibel was killed by Aizen' date=' not by shinigami united with Vaizards, that stron she was.

[/quote']

Which was stupid.

Baragan' date=' was killed by luck, after he survived 2 shoots of Soifon's BANKAI, that destroys everything by 1 shoot!

[/quote']

It wasn't luck. They simply turned his ability against him.

Yummy (espada 0) surrvived Byakuya and Kanpachi fighting together.

From what we've seen of the fight it looked like they were making a sport of it and weren't taking it seriously.

At the end Aizen took down every opponent including Yamamoto. That's how easy it is to kill strongest bad guys.

And almost all of the people he took down weren't using Bankai. From memory I count 2 people that used it against him.

And almost all of the people he took down weren't using Bankai. From memory I count 2 people that used it against him.

Ichigo and... who else? Komamura went up against Tousen. EDIT: Oh yeah, Hitsugaya-kun.

That being said, Aizen "killed" them too quickly.

Bleach is better? Come on! A Death Gods (Shinigami) that can Dead/be Killed? Talk about a good concept. It's a frickin' DEATH Gods for crying out loud! It's supposed to CONTROL Death aspect! The same like a Time God or Sea God. You don't call a good concept if a Sea God can died of DROWNING!

Bleach is better? Come on! A Death Gods (Shinigami) that can Dead/be Killed? Talk about a good concept. It's a frickin' DEATH Gods for crying out loud! It's supposed to CONTROL Death aspect! The same like a Time God or Sea God. You don't call a good concept if a Sea God can died of DROWNING!

Ninjas can't use magic.

Ninjas can't use magic.

True, in our world, Ninja can't use magic. But Naruto is NOT from planet EARTH. There are no America, Japan, Netherlands, etc country/nation in Naruto. They only have a FIRE, EARTH, WIND, etc country. Yeah, in Naruto, there are no Kawasaki motorbike or World Cup soccer event. Different planet/dimension equal different rules. Believe it!

Ninjas can't use magic.

True' date=' in our world, Ninja can't use magic. But Naruto is NOT from planet EARTH. There are no America, Japan, Netherlands, etc country/nation in Naruto. They only have a FIRE, EARTH, WIND, etc country. Yeah, in Naruto, there are no Kawasaki motorbike or World Cup soccer event. Different planet/dimension equal different rules. Believe it!

[/quote']

And in Bleach, Death Gods (it's only a title anyhow) can die.

What you're saying is like saying that police officers can't commit crimes. That firefighters can't light a match. Medics can't hurt anything.

Ninjas can't use magic.

True' date=' in our world, Ninja can't use magic. But Naruto is NOT from planet EARTH. There are no America, Japan, Netherlands, etc country/nation in Naruto. They only have a FIRE, EARTH, WIND, etc country. Yeah, in Naruto, there are no Kawasaki motorbike or World Cup soccer event. Different planet/dimension equal different rules. Believe it!

[/quote']

What you're saying is like saying that police officers can't commit crimes. That firefighters can't light a match. Medics can't hurt anything.

You're wrong. Police officers, Firefighters, Medics, etc is only a JOBS. They don't reflect a human aspect. You don't call a Fire God if it can died/hurt in a Fire or a Time God if it can died because of aging process. And you don't called it Human if it immortal.

But you right about one thing, in Bleach world, Death Gods (Shinigami) CAN died.

I guess every manga verse has it own set of rules. :|

Shinis are controling death aspect. They send souls of dead people to Seireitei' date=' they are killing evil souls.

Halibel was killed by Aizen' date=' not by shinigami united with Vaizards, that stron she was.

[/quote']

Which was stupid.

Yeah, but we all know that Shinis would hardly kill Halibel.

Baragan' date=' was killed by luck, after he survived 2 shoots of Soifon's BANKAI, that destroys everything by 1 shoot!

[/quote']

Yeah, it was... Fat Vaizard used his pover against him, but did he knew will it work???

From what we've seen of the fight it looked like they were making a sport of it and weren't taking it seriously.

They were in kind of competition all the time' date=' but te point is that everybody expected that Captains of that lvl will kill yummy in seconds.[/color']

At the end Aizen took down every opponent including Yamamoto. That's how easy it is to kill strongest bad guys.

You saw how strong is Yamamoto with SHIKAI... I dont know' date=' but i think that his bankai, would nearly kill everyone... he can not destroy something he's protecting.[/color']

Ninjas can't use magic.

[/quote']

You're wrong. Police officers, Firefighters, Medics, etc is only a JOBS. They don't reflect a human aspect. You don't call a Fire God if it can died/hurt in a Fire or a Time God if it can died because of aging process.

But you right about one thing, in Bleach world Death Gods (Shinigami) CAN died.

I guess every manga verse has it own set of rules. :|

You seem to forget that being a Shinigami is a job as well. It's got a fancy name, but in the end it's a job with a painstakingly low salary. It is a job by any definition.

You seem to forget that being a Shinigami is a job as well. It's got a fancy name' date=' but in the end it's a job with a painstakingly low salary. It is a job by any definition.

[/quote']

So why not Kubo change it into a non-fancy name like, Soul Taker, Spiritbringer, etc instead of Death Gods? It will prevent any misinterpretation in the future.

By the look of it, Death Gods in Bleach world is different compared to the traditional Death God(s) concept in our world. I think Death Gods concept in Bleach is more closer to Valkyrie concept in Norse Mythology. Where it bring the soul of the the dead to the Soul Society or Valhalla.

You seem to forget that being a Shinigami is a job as well. It's got a fancy name' date=' but in the end it's a job with a painstakingly low salary. It is a job by any definition.

[/quote']

So why not Kubo change it into a non-fancy name like, Soul Taker, Spiritbringer, etc instead of Death Gods? It will prevent any misinterpretation in the future.

Copyright infringement. D: It's basically how the Shinigami as a concept in Japanese mythology - which is a fairly new addition, actually - work, as far as I know. (Correction, please.)

[/quote']

Copyright infringement. D:

Didn't know that. :mrgreen:

Btw, Spiritbringer is also from Warcraft if i'm not mistaken.

It's basically how the Shinigami as a concept in Japanese mythology - which is a fairly new addition, actually - work, as far as I know. (Correction, please.)

Perhaps. Gotta check wiki first.

Yeah' date=' it was... Fat Vaizard used his pover against him, but did he knew will it work???[/color']

You can assume it would. It was a safe bet based on what Baragan was ranting about.

They were in kind of competition all the time' date=' but te point is that everybody expected that Captains of that lvl will kill yummy in seconds.[/color']

Um, no. He's the 0 Espada so that has to count for something. Ken couldn't kill the 5th without going all out, so you would think that the 0 would be a lot harder to kill.

You saw how strong is Yamamoto with SHIKAI... I dont know' date=' but i think that his bankai, would nearly kill everyone... he can not destroy something he's protecting.[/color']

But you have no idea what his bankai would even do. Besides your better off risking it if your going to loss everything any way. And what about every one else?

ok. I like bleach better. Why? Because in naruto, the characters are cool, sure, they have enormous arcs in the story, but in the end, the arcs aren't much different than character arcs in other stories. I'm not talking about story arcs, I'm talking about how the character changes over time. Why I think bleach is a better show is because the character arcs are much more subtle. Ichigo grows with the series, but its not slammed over top your head, like naruto is. At it's heart, naruto has all of the basics of every other story, but very defined. Naruto and Bleach both have the "i love him but I don't tell him that I do until things go horribly wrong" character, but the situations in which these two happen are very different. Hinata is naruto's shy love, while orihime is ichigo's. in this aspect the shows are similar, however bleach is much more mature. also, the main characters are similar. But as I said, I enjoy the more subtle approach to bleach.

Now, as for the debate going on here.... Okay, lets think this through. THIS IS A POLL

you wanna discuss it, fight it out in the bleach discussion thread... this is a simple "which series do you like better, and why?" thread. Not a "oh yea, well this should happen or this shouldn't happen, or this guy is overpowered and he's under powered" common, you guys should be able to distinguish these things, right?

I vote Bleach, don't comment on my avatar, I'm just too lazy to change it.

Shinis are controling death aspect. They send souls of dead people to Seireitei' date=' they are killing evil souls.

[/quote']

Which was stupid.

Yeah, but we all know that Shinis would hardly kill Halibel.

[/quote']

Yeah, it was... Fat Vaizard used his pover against him, but did he knew will it work???

Also, I never recall Aizen using his Bankai either.

in this aspect the shows are similar' date=' however bleach is much more mature. also, the main characters are similar. But as I said, I enjoy the more subtle approach to bleach.

[/quote']

Bleach is more mature than Naruto? In what aspect? In Naruto we see lots of mature thing like many of the Shinobi children loss his/her parents because of wars or mission (ex: Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, Iruka, etc), and how a Ninja must not have an emotion during a mission and he/she is just a tools for the one who hire him/her (ex: Zabuza, Haku, Sai, etc), or when kill or be killed situation is common in order to proceed the mission or save the one dearest to them (ex: Kakashi Gaiden, Nagato Gaiden, etc). Naruto IS more mature than Bleach.

Now' date=' as for the debate going on here.... Okay, lets think this through. [b']THIS IS A POLL[/b]

I don't see any Poll at the top of this thread. Does anyone else see this or i'm just hallucinating?

Archived