Hell Girl

I just started this anime today. Jigoku Shoujo is actually really amazing and I'm only on episode five. Literally, I fell in love with it at the start and it truly is my type of anime.

If you love Darker than Black, Ergo Proxy, Ga-Rei -Zero-, or other darker anime, then Jingoku Shoujo is right down your aisle.

It's about a girl named Ai Enma who can be summoned through a Hotlink to Hell website called Jingoku Shoujo (as the name of the anime implies). On that website, you type in a person's name you want to get rid of and after sending it through, Ai Enma appears before you. She hands you a straw doll with a string tied around its neck and explains once you pull the string, then her and her assisstants will send the person you typed in to hell. However, the cost of that is giving your soul to hell as well once you die. So the basic options in the scenerio Jingoku Shoujo gives is either live in hell or die in hell.

The scenerios in each episode are usually rather tragic, leaving no choice but the person summoning Ai Enma to pull the string off the doll's neck. And although each ends the same, evety episode is amazing and interesting, with its unique charm.

If the Jingoku Shoujo legend was real' date=' nothing would be in Ai Enma's way.

And even if it was real and I decided to curse hell upon someone, I'd never pull the string. Because life doesn't last forever, however, hell/heaven does. And I'd rather stick to heaven.

[/quote']

Bah, whenever I'm with my comrades, I'm in Hell.

Seriously, have you ever been with a German/American Indian, a pissed off Russian guy, a hyperactive Mexican dude, a redneck, and a Brit?

No, you havn't.

We all do our best to cause fear and pain in each other.

[spoiler= Leader board:]

Russian

German/ American Indian dude

Me

Brit

Hyperactive Mexican dude

Redneck

Ai would have a hard time getting to us, then trying to bring us to Hell on her magical boat.

I could easily say "You're thinking too highly", but then again, I'd only be defending an anime.

Anime is always exaggerated. She will always find a way to get to you, no matter what race or nature of people you guys are.

Seriously.

But back to the actual Jigoku Shoujo discussion, I'm on episode 15 now and I'm still loving it~ I have a feeling about what's going to happen at the end, but so far, I'm kind of off.

Archived