Gurren Lagann Discussion Thread. (Spoiler Alert For those who've not seen it)

Well if you know of the series, discuss it.

Did you like how it ended?

Did you like the series and the manga made after it? (both being the same.)

If they were to continue it how would they do it?

I loved the 2 Gunmen the size bigger than every Universe. An Epic Mecha Battle where they throw universes at each other is epic.

Everything about it was perfect to a T. I wouldn't change a thing. That Super Tengen in the movie was so epic. I like the anime better simply because there are some shows that you can put in a manga but can't have that same desired effect as it's anime counterpart and Gurren Lagann just happens to be one of those shows. I recommend it to anyone and it's one of my personal favorites, if not the favorite of any anime I've seen.

Just who the hell do you think I am?

My favorite episode was Episode 22, This is My Final Duty. It's when Simon and Viral come to save everyones ass just in the nick of time with a hellava epic speech and a shining aura that literally destroy thousands of those bombs. THE AURA did that!

"We embark on the winding spiral! The paths of man and beast intersect!"

"Join with yesterday's foe to smash fate, and take tomorrow's path in your own hands!"

"Destiny Combining -- Gurren Lagann!! JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!"

Guest Ixigo

Kaminadies/thread.

Epic series was epic, it was one of those where there's pure enjoyment, even if the plot is kind of bleh and the humor rather forced, the sheer comedy as well as the raw win all characters come to show at some point or the other makes this definitely worth a watch. The manga wasn't that good though.

They explained on a site that Kamina was weak with Spiral Power, and knew how strong Simon was with it, and was truly also a scared person and weak but acted strong around everyone so that their hopes wouldn't die down. They said Simon was Kamina's strength; also they said that Simon was actually Kamina's dad who went back in time, and left Kamina in the past so everything would lead up to the main fight. Don't you remember as the old man he was (Simon), that he was wearing the cape that was found in the make-shift grave of Kamina's father?

He was supposed to go back in time and wonder around there and die after he get's to the surface I think.

What's messed up is how Kamina Kissed Yoko and she is supposed to be his mother in the future. But that is kinda left to your imagination. But it makes sense. Gross.

I wish they'd make another one about the future, left off when Viral*SP* spelled it wrong, and all, was going to that Galactic Meeting or something. Make it where it left off instead of movies recapping everything. A new series of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, showing us everything that's left to be questioned, and showing everything and new things.

Though how's this sound?

A guy on Youtube. Kilfiretears animates the BLeach Manga and Naruto and maybe if I convince him to anime a new series for TTGL we could send it in to the officials as a fan based series and see if they like it. I know of a voice acting site and I'm a member of it.

Just imagine it. It'd be awesome.

Guest Ixigo

*snip*fail*snip*

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was awesome as it was. It doesn't need any bullshit like that or any half-assed continuation. It was one of the few series that I was satisfied with, including the ending.

Well I still am one of the few, maybe many who would like many of the questions answered. Even a fan based one would get something moving. Also the guy I'm talking about most likely will do it, so either way if it doesn't need it, it's bound to get a fan make of it.

Archived