dragonball z kai

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DB Kai is a remastered shotened version of the series, only 100 episodes! Season 1 (episode 1-13 I think) is the Vegeta saga. They took out much filler

IMO, if you want the entire complete version (including all filler and movies) search the DBZ:L Complete version. It goes all the way upto 400 episodes! However, it does include all the movies soooo....

Well got used to the original' date=' but there's been a lot of differences. In Z Kai, When Vegeta first meets Goku and senses hi power level, he says:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wEER4YkMU. Then in the orignal, Vegeta says, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik. This is one of the reasons why I hate DBZKai

[/quote']

So you're mad because they fixed the translation?

I actually liked the fix, I hated the over 9000 thing, over 8000 makes more sense anyway. So I like Kai as much as the original, BTW, GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES GINYU FORCE RULES! *epic music continues* HUUUUAGH! IM RECOOOOME! hyaaagh! I AM!!! BU-TER! HYOOOW! HGGH! I'M JIECE!! Huap! hyaao! GUULDOOO!!! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! hwwaaaagh! GINYU!! FIVE! AS! ONE! TO! GETHER! WE ARE THE GINYU FORCE!!!

Yay a rant about DBZ kai.

Ok I haven't seen the japanese version. I'm just clearing that up now.

1. The intro: OMG the intro. DBZ never had a good american intro until I saw the english version of Dragon Soul. That is the sheet right there. Initially I wasn't a big fan of it cause the one singing the song sounded like he had a real bad accent and to tell the truth there's this part in the beginning that I'll never be able to figure out because of it but I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that was intentional. In which case I'll say bravo Funimation. You've succeded in Stopping me from singing to the only good dbz intro so far. (I hope. You know that's the thing about funimation. They never really change the intro to an anime. I truely hate that about them. I was glad when I saw that new intro for one piece in america (BTW it was beautiful. I luv it and you won't change my mind.) but they just lack the common sense to generally change the damn intro every once in a while. It's boring so change the damn intro.)

2. The series: I actually don't like it when people shorten an otherwise good anime. I mean I know there was alot of filler in the original dbz and I can understand getting rid of that but the major battles just went by way to fast. Today I was watching the Vegeta vs Recomme battle. It was like 5-8 seconds of vegeta bashing the hell out of Recomme in the beginning then about 20 seconds of Recomme owning vegeta 6 ways to sunday. If I remember correctly it took like half an episode for all this to go down and really that's how I liked it. I liked seeing the long drawn out battles where they're throwing punches and kicks around like there's no tomorrow. I could get into it then. These dramatically shortened and/or edited parts are just terrible cause its there one second and the next its gone. I personally think that's what made the original so interesting. The long action sequeces that you could get into. Yea those were the sheet.

3. The story: The original was ok and I played so many dbz video games I got the story to a point but when I first saw that they were making DBZ kai I truely hoped for a new story. I've seen this story so many times I got bored of it pretty quickly. I know it's a remake but I'd have much rather prefered a new thing altogether. I'm still hoping they do that cause dbz is still deep in my heart as a truely great anime.

4. Voice Actors: They changes Gohan's voice. That girly voice I heard for so long but a voice fitting him as one of the males instead of a damn trans. (I'm sorry if that wasn't good to say and I'll edit it if I have to.) I must've gotten so used to it that I don't like his new voice. When I first heard gohan on kai my responce was "HOLY sheet IT'S A BOY!" You shouldn't change major voice actors. It pissed me off that they did that. In other words to this whole thing I have mixed feelings about Gohan's new voice. I like it but I don't think they should've changed it. The same with bulma's though she doesn't play a big role further down the road and honostly I don't care about her. Frieza...... HE'S A MAJOR ANTAGONIST AND YOU JUST UP AND CHANGE HIS NAME!?!? Imma death beam the retard who thought that one up straight though the chest. They'll be more dead than when Frieza actually did that to vegeta I swear. I don't know why but he just doesn't sound evil anymore. He sound more conceted than evil now. He literally sounds like He'll wine if I don't give him his juice instead of decapitating me and kicking my head though a brick wall. They better have a good reason for that one. I'm not gonna bother with the rest of em either just know that changing voice actors, EVEN for a remake, is a bad idea.

P.S: Vegeta's voice for the legendary OVER 9000!!!!!! take was a little crummy. I mean I know that's the voice they stuck too for the late part of the dbz series but I didn't like it. It just didn't have the sheer verocity it had before.

5. The conclusion: First off, let me say that if I missed anything plz let me know. Secondly, I don't have the best punctuation and I'm not going back to correct this hell of a rant. Now, lets get down to it. DBZ is one of the greatest anime I've ever had the pleasure of knowing but they screwed up on the remake. Japan is in the right when they say its bad to replace a va who's been on for so long. They really should've replaced the story instead of edited it. I'm still hoping they do. The true conclusion. Kai is meh. Could be better could be worse.

I actually liked the fix' date=' I hated the over 9000 thing, over 8000 makes more sense anyway. So I like Kai as much as the original, BTW, GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES GINYU FORCE RULES! *epic music continues* HUUUUAGH! IM RECOOOOME! hyaaagh! I AM!!! BU-TER! HYOOOW! HGGH! I'M JIECE!! Huap! hyaao! GUULDOOO!!! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! GINYU FORCE RULES! hwwaaaagh! GINYU!! FIVE! AS! ONE! TO! GETHER! WE ARE THE GINYU FORCE!!!

[/quote']

You don't really like it? Well, the over 9000 makes sense if you click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqWZdTZvuMM

Archived