Monster (Naoki Urasawa)

After Twentieth Century Boys, this is my favorite manga to date. Johan (and to an extent Roberto) are both physically and psychologically scary. This is one of the mangas that should be read, regardless of what you liked in the past.

And Johan is such a nice name, too.

Guest Ixigo

Nah, I rank Monster higher than 20th Century Boys tbh. Of course both of them are sitting comfortably on the top of my list, only Liar Game, Bokurano, and Berserk really coming close.

Monster is one of the few manga I've read that literally drags you into its world, makes you be the characters rather than just reading about them. Too bad the anime was mediocre sucked.

I've found several similarities between20CB and Stephen King's It, which is one of the main reasons I like it. It's an epic story that spans over a long time and makes it believable. I know Monster did the same, and like it for that, but 20CB is just a tad better. It might be because of Monster's rather inconclusive ending.

Thank you! People that have read monster.

But I'm going to have to disagree with anyone that says 20th was better than monster. 20th Century Boys could have been perhaps, but the scenes seemed to span on things that in the end, didn't have anything to do with the actually storyline. Making the story go at an unnecessarily slow pace compared to Monster.

Archived