Dub v. Sub

Don't you just hate it when you are trying out a new dubbed anime, and you realize that the main male character has the same voice as Ichigo from Bleach and Lelouch from Code Geass? I sure do.

Discuss which anime you prefer as dubbed/subbed.

I prefer subs by default. But your point about hearing the same voice for different characters also applies for the Japanese voices. Adam Blade/Excalibur/Aokiji/Nougami Neuro, or Usopp/L/Inuyasha/Ranma, played by Takehito Koyasu and Kappei Yamaguchi, respectively, both have pretty distinct voices. Maybe you don't like the reuse of English voices because they suck.

The amount I like a sub absolutely depends on the quality of the fansubbing group (no speed subs for me). You know who rocks? K-F. The best fansubbers of the best series, period.

Sub for me, cuz' of my experience with dubs. Rockman dubbed, One Piece dubbed, and Yu-gi-oh dubbed sounds horrible sometimes, with the first the worst. I'm okay with stopping to read the subs, in fact, I never need to stop.

I like dubbed' date=' as long as they don't censor anything. Also, It gets annoying pausing and reading the subtitles =/

[/quote']

That means your to SLOW, i can read subs while it is going...

No sometimes there'll be a question and the guy'll be like "OK" and it'll be there for like 2 seconds and it looks like a flash to me. =/

I like dubbed' date=' as long as they don't censor anything. Also, It gets annoying pausing and reading the subtitles =/

[/quote']

That means your to SLOW, i can read subs while it is going...

Most of the time I can read what is being said, but their are times when I need to pause.

Dub only because I don't feel like having to pause the show/movie to read the subs. and besides' date=' it gets a bit annoying for me to listen to all the grunting from fight scenes of undubbed shows/movies along with listening to the voices ramble on in a language I barely understand.

[/quote']

How slow a reader are you?

I happen to like Japanese, I know the odd word all I learnt from Animes really.

Dubs most of the time censor, or if its 4kids ALL the time (sometimes it felt like GX was made just so it didn't get hacked up when it was dubbed)

Lol' date=' my quote still says "7poiuyt".

Mostly the japanese voice gets annoying =/

[/quote']

What, you mean you don't enjoy Pegasus saying "Deeeeesu!"? That's crazy. The only dub I prefer over the subtitled version is for s-CRY-ed. Steve Blum is the best English VA. The only time I don't like him is when he announces for Shonen Jump titles. Just awful.

Archived