The (un)offical Elfen Lied Manga/Anime thread

Guest Ixigo

Elfen Lied is one of those rare cases where the anime was better than the manga. The manga blatantly failed to express even traces of the sensational kaleidoscope the anime enveloped the viewers within. It's too bad it became so rushed and dropped all the good ideas in favor of lolromance sometime after the middle. Could've easily been much better.

Though I like the part in the manga when [spoiler=Spoiler]Nyuu learns how to talk and so on. Still I agree with you, the manga was made even more too far and the ending was just grotesque and evily done by author >: o

By the way, anyone here knows what manga Okamoto Lynn (the author) is doing right now?

A snowboard manga! : D

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump, but I just finished watching this series rather recently. I must say, this anime is simply AMAZING! The storyline, the noodity :3, and the gore just made it such an awesome anime to watch.

Too bad it ended so soon and so... strangely.

Actually, I think the endings are quite similar.

[spoiler=ANIME and MANGA SPOILERS]I mean, apart from that Lucy "died" in the manga while it was more open in the anime, they both end similarly. In the anime, Lucy is standing behind the door and in the manga she is standing right behind him (totally different place though). So in a sense, I think they are quite the same.

Actually' date=' I think the endings are quite similar.

[spoiler=ANIME and MANGA SPOILERS']I mean, apart from that Lucy "died" in the manga while it was more open in the anime, they both end similarly. In the anime, Lucy is standing behind the door and in the manga she is standing right behind him (totally different place though). So in a sense, I think they are quite the same.

You sound confident with Lucy being the one behind the door.

I haven't finished the anime yet. I've watched 8 episodes in a row and then was too tired to watch the rest, and I haven't found time since then. Perhaps this weekends, because my parents won't be at home then.

I don't wanna know how my mom would react if she saw which kind of anime I like.

Anyone else been called a perv or a sadist after explaining the concept to mildly interested friends?

Actually' date=' I think the endings are quite similar.

[spoiler=ANIME and MANGA SPOILERS']I mean, apart from that Lucy "died" in the manga while it was more open in the anime, they both end similarly. In the anime, Lucy is standing behind the door and in the manga she is standing right behind him (totally different place though). So in a sense, I think they are quite the same.

You sound confident with Lucy being the one behind the door.

Well, as confident as I am it is her at the end of the manga as well. Which I am not all. But, it would not make sense to be anyone other. I don't think the animators added the postman to the last scene of the anime. Do you? :3

Archived