If 4Kids owned...

Brushfire

If 4Kids owned...

[spoiler=BERSERK]

- Guts's right eye wouldn't be blind.

- Guts's left arm wouldn't decapitated.

- 'Casca' name is to weird for kids, therefore it will be changed into 'Cathy'

- 'Griffith' name is difficult to pronounce by kids, it will be changed into 'Gary'

- During the wars, all bloods will be erased. And all the flying body part scenes (due to Guts's sword) will be deleted.

- All rape scene will be deleted.

- During the Eclipse Ceremony, all Apostle monsters will be changed with cute monsters like Pokemon or Digimon.

- All of the Hawk Band member will not die tragically by being eaten by monsters, instead they all die in a peaceful sleep.

- The gloomy world of BERSERK will be changed into a cheerful -24 hour- sunshine (no more night scene or heavy storm scene).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If 4kids owned:

[spoiler=Pokemon?]

Ash sounds like a bad word so we will change it to Bob

Giratina is to scary so he is now master of the fairy princess realm

Brock has silly eyes so he has to go so kids don't make fun of japanese people

Pokemon battles are to violent so instead pokemon will hunt for clovers with each other

The main characters walk and kids will think that cars are old school so ash dawn and the others will drive a mini van

someone else could do better

If 4kids owned:

[spoiler=Pokemon?]

Ash sounds like a bad word so we will change it to Bob

Giratina is to scary so he is now master of the fairy princess realm

Brock has silly eyes so he has to go so kids don't make fun of japanese people

Pokemon battles are to violent so instead pokemon will hunt for clovers with each other

The main characters walk and kids will think that cars are old school so ash dawn and the others will drive a mini van

someone else could do better

4kids does own Pokemon

And to all of you posting "adult" anime's and mangas' date=' let's not forget that 4kids wouldn't touch an Anime that they couldn't market towards kids.

If 4kids owned

[spoiler=FMA']

-Edward and Al are in their current state due to a horrible accident that isn't mentioned.

-All references to religion and God are removed, as parents would complain.

-No more blood

-Lust's boobs, gone

-Gluttony doesn't eat people, he licks them until they get scared, run away and are never seen again

-Wrath's sword is turned into wood

-The episode with the black girl with two auto-mail legs is removed, cause 4kids don't wanna be racist and include black people in the cartoon

ect. ect.

Engiestar:

Terri wouldn't have piercing's and would lose all the black/purple make-up

Hunter would stop swearing

Gunori would have a job at the first aid instead of the bar.

Kiyuno would not have oversized breasts

Emiya would not be such a needy bratty kid.

Momichi would not be lesbian

Draco's favorite band would be changed to Owl City from Artuka Niikuno for offensive language in lyrics.

Koko would not get killed by Kiyuno in the last season of Turbostar, but instead just be teased.

Muni would not cry so much because it makes kids sad and dreary.

Eh' date=' the only shows they didn't completely butcher was Shaman King, which the parents complained about being "too dark" and "too violent," and Pokemon, which is a kid's anime, anyway. And FUNimation butchered that show much more than 4Kids did.

[/quote']

Please tell me how the butchered it? Last I checked they weren't the ones that removes whole arcs. Really FUNimation has done a GREAT job on all their dubs and the only thing you can say that is bad is the voices and that is all a matter of taste.

Shaman King was done, And they did keep the breasts of the girls of One Piece the same size as they did in Japan, they just replaced a couple of Blackface characters. They had Pokemon for 8 seasons but gave it up for season 9. How about Chance Pop Session and Grimm's Fairy Tales. For the latter, noting would change, but for Chance Pop session:

Reika would have underwear on.

That's all I can think of.

I'm sorry, but which F*$&ing dubbing studio replaced Sanji's cigarette with a lollipop and which dubbing studio erased it completely? Please, answer that question for me, then see if I'm an idiot. Anyway, people are entitled to their own opinions, so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of someone else; so you think what you think, and I'll think what I think.

And they did keep the breasts of the girls of One Piece the same size as they did in Japan' date='

[/quote']

No they didn't. All the women had their breast line removed or reduced. And who cares. They removed whole plot arcs. You can't forgive that.

I'm sorry' date=' but which F*$&ing dubbing studio replaced Sanji's cigarette with a lollipop and which dubbing studio erased it completely? Please, answer that question for me, then see if I'm an idiot. Anyway, people are entitled to their own opinions, so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of someone else; so you think what you think, and I'll think what I think.

[/quote']

1) Watch the uncut dub. That is the one that matters, and really that is the only one you can watch. The uncut eps are all on the FUNimation site. The eps without the cigarette were for TV, and it doesn't air any more any way.

2) Your telling me the lollipop is better then not having the cigarette? The lollipop makes him look like an idiot. If their going to do something to the cigarette either remove it or leave it. And really is that one thing that big a deal. Compaired to the stupid changes 4Kids made I can understand why that would be removed.

3) So even with that, you would take the dub with whole plot arcs removed then the version with out Sanji being a chain smoker? Last I checked the plot is more important then a small character trait.

Quick' date=' non-sarcastic question: Which arcs did they skip? I was too young to remember.

Also, I really don't care about the anime anymore, I just read the manga. I grew up watching 4Kids, so I like their voices a lot more than FUNi's

[/quote']

Laboon and Little Garden and since you read the manga you know how important those are to the plot later down the line.

I do agree that I liked the 4Kids VA, but I've grown to like the FUNimation ones as well.

Quick' date=' non-sarcastic question: Which arcs did they skip? I was too young to remember.

Also, I really don't care about the anime anymore, I just read the manga. I grew up watching 4Kids, so I like their voices a lot more than FUNi's

[/quote']

Laboon and Little Garden and since you read the manga you know how important those are to the plot later down the line.

I do agree that I liked the 4Kids VA, but I've grown to like the FUNimation ones as well.

Well that's nice. My faves are Taylor, Ortiz, Sands and Lillis.

If anyone knew what I was talking about:

Lisa Ortiz, native of New York. Newest work was Mars in Pokemon, Lina Inverse in Slayers Revolution, Unda in Chaotic SotLC. In the past she had voiced many characters like Deedlit, Tsubasa, Kuromi, Shiori, Roxanne (Ultimate Muscle), Jun, and Musa. She had only one live tv appearance: as a regular on Fifteen.

Veronica Taylor. She was Max in Dino King and Carly in 5d's. Past roles include Amelia, Himiko, Ash, May, and Nana (7 of 7)

Tara Sands, multi-talented. Last I heard she was in Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a new world as Genis Sage. Past roles: Filia, Tiara, Diana, Manami, Chase, Anna and Natsuki.

Rachael Lillis. She was Intress and Ursula. Past roles: Utena, Misty (pokemon), Martina, and Yukino Miazawa's mom (His and Her Circumstances).

Little short summaries of my favorite VA's. How's that?

Archived