Axis Powers Hetalia

Raylen

The Anime section is for all anime, not just the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. The forum description says otherwise because YCMaker is too lazy to fix the description's capitalization, let alone what the description actually says. Moved to Anime.

Also, Hetalia is amazing.

I remember that. It accuratly shows the countries.

As hawt dudes and girls' date=' and it's funny!

[/quote']

"Girls", plural? You haven't been confused by France, have you?

I'm sure there are more than one. Hungary' date=' Ukraine, Belarus, etc, etc.

[/quote']

I apparently haven't watched enough of the series for that. I've seen ~15 episodes, and virtually the entire cast so far seems to consist of extremely beautiful guys.

Ugh...>_< I'm always kinda iffy about such things.:/

To portray entire countries as people, isn't it VERY probably going to be quite biased? With some nationalistic, pro-contra stuff, just to get the political or whatever views of the creator across?

IDK I've never watched the anime... I just saw that little Chibitalia chibi on some sites and people are all about pairing him up with someone.

Ugh...>_< I'm always kinda iffy about such things.:/

To portray entire countries as people' date=' isn't it VERY probably going to be quite biased? With some nationalistic, pro-contra stuff, just to get the political or whatever views of the creator across?

IDK I've never watched the anime... I just saw that little Chibitalia chibi on some sites and people are all about pairing him up with someone.

[/quote']

To say that Hetalia portrays the countries "accurately" is pretty much false. It portrays them as national stereotypes for comedic effect; this is its premise. The author has done historical research, but Hetalia is mostly too silly to have any sort of biased political subtext or whatever. (Well, I mean, besides the biased political subtext that Germany/Italy is a wonderful pairing, when everyone knows an objective standpoint will show that Germany/Japan is better...)

• 1 month later...

Is this an anime/manga I would enjoy if I am not gay/a girl?

I know plenty of straight males who enjoy Hetalia' date=' so yes.

Is this an anime I can watch without being judged?

That depends heavily upon how you define "without being judged". After all, watching any anime at all will likely lead to you being judged by a decent number of people (though perhaps not by a number of decent people, again depending on your definition).

Archived