Umineko no Naku Koro ni

(Berneskal or however they spell it)

RAAAEEEGGG!

Anyway I've seen a few episodes but it wasn't on purpose, I was looking for the music. Tbh it's what I like about the show.=D

Well to be really honest it's what I like about most things...

But the Anime is brutal and the insane important characters get the spotlight while the mediocre non-important characters just get killed and no one cares, right?

(Berneskal or however they spell it)

RAAAEEEGGG!

Anyway I've seen a few episodes but it wasn't on purpose' date=' I was looking for the music. Tbh it's what I like about the show.=D

Well to be really honest it's what I like about most things...

But the Anime is brutal and the insane important characters get the spotlight while the mediocre non-important characters just get killed and no one cares, right?

[/quote']

Each arc begins with a different third of the cast being killed off, so it essentially uses rotating character focus: all the characters are important, but they aren't all in the spotlight simultaneously, as that would just be ridiculously unmanageable.

The blood and the gore.

Simply put' date=' I love it just as much as Higurashi.

[/quote']

Isn't as bloody as Higurashi, they censored a bunch of crap.

Umineko is a lot more bloody than Higurashi. Higurashi, with one notable exception, generally only has blood show up once per arc. Umineko, by its very premise, has bloody show up pretty much every episode, since eighteen people need to die and there isn't a whole lot of time in which to kill them all.

The blood and the gore.

[/quote']

Umineko is a lot more bloody than Higurashi. Higurashi, with one notable exception, generally only has blood show up once per arc. Umineko, by its very premise, has bloody show up pretty much every episode, since eighteen people need to die and there isn't a whole lot of time in which to kill them all.

I give up my argument, though Satoko's Torture Scene is the bloodiest in the the series (by series I mean by Higurashi and Umineko).

The blood and the gore.

[/quote']

I give up my argument, though Satoko's Torture Scene is the bloodiest in the the series (by series I mean by Higurashi and Umineko).

Meakashi-hen was the one notable exception I mentioned. Everything about that arc... *shudder*

Go fuvtg go funk your self you noob funk you you son of a jabroni!!! funker bastards I WILL KICK YOU HARD funkers YO WHAT U{ YOU BELONG WITH ME WOMENIZER I SEEK YOU AMY PINK ?I KISSED A GIRL A LIKED it tasted like hert cherry chap stick you dick fun house hit jmme ojdsfgksldfgwe we willwe wlill rock you YOU NOOOb

Go fuvtg go f*** your self you noob f*** you you son of a b****!!! f***er a******s I WILL KICK YOU HARD f***ers YO WHAT U{ YOU BELONG WITH ME WOMENIZER I SEEK YOU AMY PINK ?I KISSED A GIRL A LIKED it tasted like hert cherry chap stick you dick fun house hit jmme ojdsfgksldfgwe we willwe wlill rock you YOU NOOOb

Wow, a troll. It's been a long time since I seen one on a forum. Ironically, I have to see one everyday irl.

On Topic.

I can't wait for the next game to be out.

It means 3 things.

New Anime Episodes.

New Manga chapters.

New Game.

Go fuvtg go f*** your self you noob f*** you you son of a b****!!! f***er a******s I WILL KICK YOU HARD f***ers YO WHAT U{ YOU BELONG WITH ME WOMENIZER I SEEK YOU AMY PINK ?I KISSED A GIRL A LIKED it tasted like hert cherry chap stick you dick fun house hit jmme ojdsfgksldfgwe we willwe wlill rock you YOU NOOOb

Wow' date=' a troll. It's been a long time since I seen one on a forum. Ironically, I have to see one everyday irl.

On Topic.

I can't wait for the next game to be out.

It means 3 things.

New Anime Episodes.

New Manga chapters.

New Game.

[/quote']

And more senerios. : D

• 3 weeks later...

The blood and the gore.

[/quote']

And don't forget the part where Shion "defeated all those who killed Satoshi-Kun".

Anyways, I am Japanese, and therefore have access to unsencored Umineko. But I only watch it when my parents aren't around... they don't want a 12-year old watching it.

Oh Goodness' date=' it was horrible.

If Higurashi was going to make a sequel, it should be at least good, right?

No, this wasn't. Unfortunately, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni is not a psychological thriller or an anime with a great debate.

It's like... Surviver: Scooby Doo Edition.

[/quote']

R U Kidding? The blood and gore. You can't miss it. But since your "Surviver: Scooby Doo Edition" was seriously a lol, can I make it in my sig?

Lol.

That's a good way to put it.

Of course, I've just learned some characters are gonna be introduced based on Knox's law.

Of course, if I was somehow placed into Battler's position, I would die.

Damn 5th law of Knox, saying no Chinamen are allowed.

Jking.

http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Knox%27s_Decalogue

Do you think blood and gore is an aspect that can automatically make an anime great?

It doesn't have any sort of amazement if the blood and gore is pointless, has no unique killing strategies, or turn it up suspense wise. Umineko no Naku Koro Ni failed to do so. In all honesty, if they were going to make an anime trying to live up to the wow factor of Higurashi, they should've at least made the characters very interesting and less annoying, but they failed at that too =\

Do you think blood and gore is an aspect that can automatically make an anime great?

It doesn't have any sort of amazement if the blood and gore is pointless' date=' has no unique killing strategies, or turn it up suspense wise. Umineko no Naku Koro Ni failed to do so. In all honesty, if they were going to make an anime trying to live up to the wow factor of Higurashi, they should've at least made the characters very interesting and less annoying, but they failed at that too =\

[/quote']

Umineko is most definitely not supposed to be Higurashi2.0, even though it's a continuation of the When They Cry series; Okami Kakushi is much closer to Higurashi2.0. Umineko and Higurashi aren't even the same genre; Higurashi was firmly suspense/horror, whereas Umineko is much more Mystery. If you only examine Umineko to see which of Higurashi's strong qualities it also holds, you will be disappointed because you will overlook Umineko's other strengths. (And the gore of both is of no interest to me and in my opinion is largely unnecessary; I only see it as being included in Higurashi because ten seconds of gore enhances two hours of suspense, and in Umineko because the manner of death is somewhat relevant.)

Incidentally, I'm surprised that you can claim that Umineko has no unique killing strategies, considering that we don't even know what the killing strategies are thanks to Umineko's narrator being about as reliable as Fox News is actually fair and balanced. I would also argue that some of Umineko's kills are plenty unique; an average kill will still include a plan with several levels of planning:

1) Summon a schoolgirl.

2) Have the schoolgirl turn into a flying stake and pierce someone in the chest.

3) Create a magical resurrection of that person with a sword for an arm to kill people.

4) Build locked rooms around everything.

Archived