Something needed in good Anime

Good or Bad  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Good or Bad

Violence.

Do you think violent anime is good?

Use the Yugioh GX Yubel part and 5D'S Dark Signer part.

I think it is. It gives thrill to the anime. Such as Kiryu being dead and that stuff. Drama as well.

Yes, depending if it's used correctly. if it's just tasteless violence used for loll, not really...But if they were dismembered and fireworks come out?

I doesn't need violence' date=' but I don't have a problem with it. I like it at certain level, but I cannot imagine what kind of sick person (and genius) made Elfen Lied...

[/quote']

Ironically the guy that chose to make an anime adaption of Elfen Lied(the script, pitching the idea, and the direction) was the same guy who did the anime adaption for Rave Master (script,etc..etc..).

Violence is very much not needed to make an excellent series. Anyone who has read Liar Game knows that.

Higurashi is good not because of its violence but because of its suspense. Violence only shows up once per arc to make the suspense more suspenseful by making it clear that something bad will definitely happen.

Guest Merciful Idiot

Almost all my anime series faves have violence but 1 anime series with no violence has managed to amaze me.

It's about bread and was twice in Animax.

I can't remember the name of the anime anymore....I think the main character was called Kazuki, Kazama, or something like that...And his last name rimed with his first, I think.

He listed his bread as Japan 1, Japan 2, blablabla and so on until I think Japan 58 and then he stopped naming them. And the bread place he worked at was I think called Pantasia. Oh and he had Solar Hands. And his best bread is Japan 44 (Which is cooked on petallite or whatever you call it) which literally sent people to heaven for a few minutes.....but only on the first bite. Second bite and so on doesn't work magic anymore.

Can someone help me here?

No' date=' anime can be good without violence, and in fact violence can ruin an anime if it didn't use it before.

[/quote']

Definitely this.

Also what Yin said, it depends what you like. I'm not expecting the main character of a Romance series to drop dead after being stabbed 175 times in the chest.

No' date=' anime can be good without violence, and in fact violence can ruin an anime if it didn't use it before.

[/quote']

Definitely this.

Also what Yin said, it depends what you like. I'm not expecting the main character of a Romance series to drop dead after being stabbed 175 times in the chest.

Unless the series in question is School Days, and you're generous enough to pretend that it qualifies as "Romance".

[/quote']

Definitely this.

Unless the series in question is School Days, and you're generous enough to pretend that it qualifies as "Romance".

Ah, School Days. Yeah, I've heard about that, and I don't ever intend to watch or read it. =P

[/quote']

Definitely this.

Ah, School Days. Yeah, I've heard about that, and I don't ever intend to watch or read it. =P

Watch it. Once you reach certain point, you there is not step back...

• 3 weeks later...

Let's just forget about shoujo entirely' date=' as well as sports-oriented and slice-of-life manga.

[/quote']

Shoujo actually includes violence of some form with surprisingly high frequency. This can be anything from Fruits Basket having Kyo and Yuki fight to various straight-up romance series having the love interest save the heroine from some villain. Naturally, it isn't omnipresent, but it is present more often than one would intuitively suspect.

Let's just forget about shoujo entirely' date=' as well as sports-oriented and slice-of-life manga.

[/quote']

Shoujo actually includes violence of some form with surprisingly high frequency. This can be anything from Fruits Basket having Kyo and Yuki fight to various straight-up romance series having the love interest save the heroine from some villain. Naturally, it isn't omnipresent, but it is present more often than one would intuitively suspect.

I've managed to cleanse that god-awful thing known as "Fruits Baskets" from my brain, so I can't remember if there were fights...I'll take your word on it. I must be reading the wrong shoujo then.

Archived