Yugioh The Abridged Series

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering I found episodes most of the other 40s decent (with 43 and 45 awesome, the latter deemed epic), I thought 46 was...quite awful, actually. Some parts were good, but the overall quality of some of the jokes/scenes...ouch. I have yet to find any scene/joke used in Yugioh Abridged involving Zack/Cody funny in the slightest (the shriller voices hurt, not helped by the utter lack of humor beyond randomness). The lightsaber duel was all right. Marik overusing the "use the Celtic Guardian"/the Yugi impression was not funny in the first place until Bakura snapped at it. The singing part was stupid due to lack of relevence. I just think he could have found some better ammo to use in the episodes than to pad it out so much with that.

And while the Noah scene near the end had the "Death by Penguins" part, the rest of it seemed to be trying too hard to assure people the show's going to keep going.

The problem I've seen with some Y:AS episodes that I've deemed "bad" is that either every reference goes over my head or seem tacked on, or the jokes have absolutely no real relevence to the scene. (44, with Cybernetic Ghost...I think that killed the episode, aside from Ishizu's reaction to "Because a robot from the future told me to!")

The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past From the Future was the best part of 44' date=' and it's from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

[/quote']

Oh, that's where he's from? I just assumed based on the story he told that he was from Battlestar Galactica.

The story he told also had hints of Terminator Salvation, and the background look like that of Hellboy II: The Golden Army. The only Battlestar Galactica reference was Bryce Dallas Howard being a Cylon.

The only Battlestar Galactica reference was Bryce Dallas Howard being a Cylon.

Well, that was the reference I picked up on. That, combined with the robot rebellion and what seemed to be a reference to Battlestar Galactica's Arc Words "All this has happened before and will happen again" pointed at Battlestar Galactica.

Guest Zeonark

Anyone think florence is dead after the season 2 finale?

Probably not.

Because if LK is doing Season 5, he's coming back. And FAR more ridiculous than before.

Archived