On "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Why the hell is it treated as a comedy? It's one of the most crushingly nihilistic and disturbing thought experiments ever created, even to religious types who think a God is real. Ultimately, it's just a horrible détournement against comedy series.

Discuss.

I watched the first season and actually wasn't too keen on it. >_> I skipped the second season, and based on what I've heard about Endless Eight, I think I made the right decision.

Why the hell is it treated as a comedy? It's one of the most crushingly nihilistic and disturbing thought experiments ever created' date=' even to religious types who think a God is real. Ultimately, it's just a horrible détournement against comedy series.

Discuss.

[/quote']

well it's kinda like NGE. It's disguised as an action mecha anime but anybody who watched it can tell you otherwise :P.

Haruhi definitely has comedy and is/can be hilarious but as you said. Also I think to anybody who has witness someone watch the endless eight it can be a comedy.

Oppinion is oppinion.

I love the Haruhi Series, and it's never wronged me in any ways. All of you shouldn't be relying on the anime, since it wasn't based first on the anime. Go read for once, read the light novels at a book store or online, then base your oppinion.

And about Haruhi being "God", it's never even mentioned. She just has God-like powers, in where she can manipulate reality and destiny. You know, their are video game characters with the same power and no one is saying anything about that.

SHHHH.

Oppinion is oppinion.

I love the Haruhi Series' date=' and it's never wronged me in any ways. All of you shouldn't be relying on the anime, since it wasn't based first on the anime. Go read for once, read the light novels at a book store or online, then base your oppinion.

[/quote']

I read the first light novel as well; didn't change my opinion.

And about Haruhi being "God"' date=' it's never even mentioned. She just has God-like powers, in where she can manipulate reality and destiny. You know, their are video game characters with the same power and no one is saying anything about that.

SHHHH.

[/quote']

Never even mentioned? I'm pretty sure Koizumi explicitly refers to her as "God".

And those video game characters generally didn't create the universe as well, nor do they usually have the same level of power.

Oppinion is oppinion.

I love the Haruhi Series' date=' and it's never wronged me in any ways. All of you shouldn't be relying on the anime, since it wasn't based first on the anime. Go read for once, read the light novels at a book store or online, then base your oppinion.

And about Haruhi being "God", it's never even mentioned. She just [b']has God-like powers, in where she can manipulate reality[/b] and destiny(Thats Remilias jurisdiction). You know, their are video game characters with the same power and no one is saying anything about that.

SHHHH.

*Looks at self*

CofflookatboldwhositremindyouofCoff

I watched the first season and actually wasn't too keen on it. >_> I skipped the second season' date=' and based on what I've heard about Endless Eight, I think I made the right decision.

[/quote']

The second season basically consists of the following:

- Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, quite easily the only good episode of season 2, or at least the best one.

- Endless Eight, which you already know enough about.

- Five episodes dedicated to the making of the SOS Brigade's "movie".

I rather enjoyed season 1, save for the episode dedicated to Kyon going to get a heater.

- Five episodes dedicated to the making of the SOS Brigade's "movie".

Sigh was good. :?

Anyway' date=' I have no idea how it's listed as a Comedy. The only thing I laughed at during it was Kyon's misfortune.

Go read for once, read the light novels at a book store or online, then base your oppinion.

Umm, I've read all the light novels that have been translated to date and watched every episode of the anime. The first novel is almost exactly the same as the anime- they did a great job with it. What are you talking about?

Archived