Pokemon movie 12: Arceus and the Jewel of Life

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think misty was the best pokemon girl in the show. I mean she could actually hold up a battle for more than two rounds. And the bike thing was actually good with her instead of some pointless scare from pikachu. And yeah, the arceus voice grows on you. After a while, its the perfect match. And everytime he said justice, I think it was judgement in japanese, but I guess they wanted to avoid the whole religion issue

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Overall they made Arceus OPED to the extreme when it came to that battle. Just the way the "God" of all pokemon should be.

Mm-hm.

But if you ask me' date=' the best movie was when Mewtwo fought Mew. Ash actually died. But was revived...

[/quote']

1e6e4c910ae51fdad6c7f07cab51b7831227511176_full.jpg

And everytime he said justice' date=' I think it was judgement in japanese, but I guess they wanted to avoid the whole religion issue

[/quote']Uh... are they really going to avoid the religion issue in a movie about the Pokémon God? No one's questioning if 4kids dubbed the movie well; do they ever?

I think that the Pokemon movies have been crap since after Heroes, but this one was fairly good, better than every single one with May in it, that's for sure. Though I haven't seen the last one with Giratina and Shaymin, so I don't know if that one was any good, but among the ones to come after Heroes, this one seems like the best so far. Arceus' voice was pretty good for an enraged god and his Judgement attack was awesome!

Biggest continuity thing though, if Arceus had given up 5 of his type plates, one of which was Dragon, how the hell did attacks from the 3 strongest Dragon Pokemon did nothing to it? I know people have brought it up already, but it's just such a glaring flaw...also, the newest Pokemon theme sucks.

Uh... are they really going to avoid the religion issue in a movie about the Pokémon God? No one's questioning if 4kids dubbed the movie well; do they ever?

But they didn't directly say that he was the pokemon god, except in the game, but the show is directed towards more of the kids. And I thought someone else was dubbing them now, why the voices changed?

Yeah thats accutaly a good Pokemon movie..

"Good Pokémon movie" is an oxymoron. Nostalgia Filter or no' date=' Mewtwo Strikes Back was still bad.

Uh... are they really going to avoid the religion issue in a movie about the Pokémon God? No one's questioning if 4kids dubbed the movie well; do they ever?

But they didn't directly say that he was the pokemon god' date=' except in the game, [b']but the show is directed towards more of the kids.[/b] And I thought someone else was dubbing them now, why the voices changed?

No; no, it isn't. It was shonen until 4kids got ahold of it, and now everyone thinks it's a kiddy show.

You know Pokémon could use some real violence like when Ash's fist almost flew against Mewtwo's face?

Besides using "fist almost flew against Mewtwo's face" instead of "punched Mewtwo' date='" I should note that this is akin to asking corpses to bleed instead of disappear in Zelda games. Also, I fail to see how a punch is more "real violent" than the sorts of apocalyptic destruction that get wreaked every movie.

Pokemon the first movie was beast. Charizard got pwnd by clone Charizard. HAHA

Second. I think may was the best girl. She actually had boobs.

And last...I don't get why Arceus just couldn't go, Oh wait, i can destroy you all since im the god of pokemon.

1) No; no, it wasn't.

2) That's a rather warped criterion.

3) Because they wanted to make the Biblical flood analogy more obvious. Makes an attempt to extricate religion from it even worse.

I never saw this advertised on CN. And I watch it a lot. So obviously I didn't watch this.

Pokemon Anime has pretty much sucked since Sinnoh. The games since Hoenn. Hoenn Anime was ok.

But anyways' date=' Arceus is retarded. He's the worst idea ever. The God of Pokemon? I smell religious people flaming them. And really? This kinda.....having a movie with the Ultimate Pokemon, kinda seems like it would end Pokemon.

I prefer Pokemon: The First Movie.

[/quote']

This.

Okay, one more time:

POKÉMON AS A SERIES IS BAD.

THE FIRST MOVIE WASN'T ALL THAT MUCH BETTER THAN THE MODERN STUFF.

THE FIRST MOVIE WAS STILL HORRIBLY CHEESY.

Okay' date=' one more time:

POKÉMON AS A SERIES IS BAD.

THE FIRST MOVIE WASN'T ALL THAT MUCH BETTER THAN THE MODERN STUFF.

THE FIRST MOVIE WAS STILL HORRIBLY CHEESY.

[/quote']

Well, thats your opinion. Many of us liked the first movie for whatever reason, I liked it more becuase it had a more action versus drama, but thats just me. Also, Pokemon was once the most popular series, and I doubt all those people have a taste for a bad series.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually haven't watched anything Pokemon related in a long time. When I do, though, I just alternately interpret the hell out of it afterwards. I find it funner that way.

Also it's fun to make Ash a Magnificent Bastard/Jerk With A Heart Of Gold and transforming Deoxys into an Eldritch Abomination. <3

I think they r running out of ideas and the pkm series has gotten bad I still don't see y kids r still buying the cards if they r 8+ seriously the graphics in the show look rushed and I don't see y they r still contiuing the series probably the best was the jhoto series and then they started to make bu***s**t

my opinion...

Guest Merciful Idiot

And I don't like you opinion.

They made 500+ episodes and that is near crazy.

Most cartoons/anime get only to 20-30 and good ones get up to 100-300.

Dragonball managed to get to 400.

And soon Pokemon will surpass Mario (Which is giving me a headache.).

But to tell the truth, how WILL they end the series?

I can't imagine a possible ending.

Until the series stop making them $ they wont stop, Nintendo and Game Freak are more concerned with revenue than storlines among series, since Pokemon is one of their #1 selling game series, the likelyhood it will end just because the Alpha Pokemon was created means nothing, plus mabye the next games will be more atune to RBY with no legendaries making an impact on the story line?

I agree. The latest movie sucked.

I liked the first movie. I dislike how the storyline now remains in the exact same format.

I had went ages without watching pokemon, but when I saw they were doing the Arceus movie, I was interested and saw it.

Bleh. That sucked. I'm so disappointed that the 'God' of pokemon failed that much.

Maybe if they made the moon asplode? IDK.

Archived